Perfect Game Forum

makoniky - all messages by user

3/8/2011 4:50:41 AM
Topic:
3 Up/3 Down

makoniky
makoniky
tgold wrote:
GW looks great on paper, junior Fernelys Sanchez is a monster. Losing their coach to a suspension for the year will hurt and may leave the door open for someone else to sneak in. Xaverian, Tottenville, Lindenhurst, Monroe and Ketcham are all candidates to steal that top spot. Though I still think Washington looks to be the top team in the state heading into the season.

Tgold my question to you is where and how many games and against whom did you see F Sanchez play ? I saw him this fall play 14/15 games dopwn here in Fl and I would hardly call him "a monster". In fact, in every game I saw (15 total) he was not even close to being one of the better players on the field. Being a former player from the north east, I can tell you, playing in Fl, Ca, Texas, and Ga is alot different than putting up numbers in the northeast.
3/8/2011 1:58:15 PM
Topic:
3 Up/3 Down

makoniky
makoniky
tgold wrote:
makoniky, I saw him play in several events last year against pitching that ranged from decent to exceptional. I stand by my statement; he is a monster. I am basing that more off of tools than numbers.

The only event I have his totals available for without digging through boxes of scoresheets is the WWBA World Championship in Jupiter(absolute highest level of HS baseball competition).

In 4 games at Jupiter, Sanchez hit .300/.416/.500 and went 3-for-3 on Stolen Base attempts with very positive notes about his defense. He did not see a Fastball below 85, and saw 3 pitchers who were over 90. Very respectable for a 2012 player.

Perhaps you caught him on the wrong days, it is baseball, even Pujols goes into slumps.

haha....yeah....I'd say striking out 11 out of 14 ab is a bad couple of days. Let me just say this Tgold. 85/86 mph is batting practice down here in Fl for a good hitter. Kids down here would hit 5/600 if that's all they saw was 85 to 90 fastballs. The pitchers down here (even an average one) have 3, 4 pitches that they can throw for strikes. It's the majors and the northeast is single A. And you know that. And hitting 300 in a tourn ( even Jupiter) is HARDLY monster numbers. All I'm saying is.....#26 in THE COUNTRY, c'mon.....Maybe top 1000.
3/10/2011 9:02:40 AM
Topic:
3 Up/3 Down

makoniky
makoniky
tgold wrote:
I don't know why you keep saying "down here" when talking about a tournament that took place "down here" in Florida. I am WELL aware of how good the pitching (and hitting for that matter) is in Florida.

You say "I saw him this fall play 14/15 games dopwn here in Fl" but in the two PG tournaments held in Florida last fall (Underclass, Jupiter) he only played in 8 games. Don't know where you saw the other 6/7 games, but that must have been where he supposedly struck out 11 times in 14 ABs...was he facing the Marlins?

You are contradicting yourself far too often for me to bother continuing with this conversation. You are clearly making gross exaggerations and presenting hyperbole as fact.

His numbers in 4 games may not impress you, but as I said previously;

I stand by my statement; he is a monster. I am basing that more off of tools than numbers.

Tgold I was at both of your ( pg ) tourns in the fall as well as many others. One in Nov, and the other in Jan where I saw the player. If you would like me to tell you where they were and run by whom I will. Players do not only play in PG tourns Tgold. There are MANY other venues where these kids play. That being said, I know what I saw. I ve been around this game along time (alot longer than you have) and I know when I see that either a player is A. Not prepared or B Overmatched. It was my opinion, as well as MANY other people that were there that he was more overmatched (not up to the level of the competition) than ill prepared. Can a player catch up ? Absolutly. He is a great looking athlete, that's for sure. Of the TOOLS you you speak of, only speed is plus. The rest are average to below average IMO. I'm just saying, that if I'm going to put a #23 ranking and call a player a "monster" I would want to see 1 or 2 more plus tools. That's all
10/19/2011 11:50:09 AM
Topic:
Pool O WWBA World Championship

makoniky
makoniky
There is alot of talk about the FTB outfield and they are pretty formidable but, don't be surprised if their shortstop Avery Romero steals the show. Besides being an excellent glove he is probably one of the best hitters in the nation.
4/24/2012 8:12:34 AM
Topic:
Who Are The Top 2012/2013 Power Hitters???

makoniky
makoniky
Avery Romero is an unbeleivable hitter with serious power. Took third at the PowerShowcase homerun derby as a junior. Saw his video on Youtube. Sweet swing.
pages: 1