5/12/2014 2:19:15 AM
Topic:
Beavers versus Bruins

OpihiMan
OpihiMan
Princess of Wisconsin
5/12/2014 1:18:06 PM
Topic:
You heard that Wetzler was arrested last night?

OpihiMan
OpihiMan
My above joke was that Wetzler shouldn't have been suspended by the joke of the NCAA at the start of the season.
5/12/2014 10:54:34 PM
Topic:
Best national seeds by poll: Round 3

OpihiMan
OpihiMan
Don't agree with the order necessarily but the RPI is the closest for me this week. Don't know if I agree with Houston though but it is definitely closer to how I feel than the others.
5/14/2014 12:55:25 AM
Topic:
Pilots vs Beavers

OpihiMan
OpihiMan
I'm glad we got the win but it would've been better for us if the game had been rained out or cancelled as just playing Portland destroyed our (stupid) RPI, we dropped from 4th to 7th and our SOS dropped from 63 to 76 on Warren Nolan just from winning that one game. That's what happens when Portland is 251 out of 302 RPI wise. I guess it is cool that we have a 21 game winning streak against them though.
5/14/2014 12:56:41 AM
Topic:

OpihiMan
OpihiMan
He has been really slow on this one...
5/14/2014 1:04:38 AM
Topic:
Pac-12 picks: Week 14

OpihiMan
OpihiMan
OSU 2-1
Ore 2-1
ASU 3-0
Stan 2-1
Ariz 2-1
XOSU 2-1
BONUS: 15
5/15/2014 7:49:29 PM
Topic:

OpihiMan
OpihiMan
I have no issue with this. He had too much drink and went to the wrong house, had it been a college kids house you would've never heard of this. Instead it was probably some old fuddy duddy that called the cops that followed the rules and released him. Wetz will fix the door/ pay damages...if he even gets community service I'd be surprised. He didn't drive drunk, he didn't assualt anyone, he didn't commit a felony, he didn't break a University or NCAA rule. Casey has no obligation to repremand him and this is Wetzler's Senior night after he came back for his senior year and was slapped with a stupid penalty by the NCAA. In this case I say let the man play, he didn't hurt anyone...was just guilty of being a college kid and being stupid.
5/15/2014 10:00:25 PM
Topic:

OpihiMan
OpihiMan
Fair enough, I probably was a little on a roll when I wrote that line. Just trying to say if it was a college kid charges wouldn't of even been pressed.
5/16/2014 10:21:44 AM
Topic:
Any live college baseball message boards?

OpihiMan
OpihiMan
I have no issue talking something other than Pac12 and Beavers...Just no one to talk with. The few times we have had discussions not directly pac12/beaver related I've chimed in. I like college baseball in general, I often turn on espn3 and watch a bit of SEC/ACC ball.
5/16/2014 10:26:04 AM
Topic:

OpihiMan
OpihiMan
Miami looks every bit of a national seed...Just took awhile to wake up in the beginning of the year. That being said I'd say they are pretty close to that national seed sitting with an RPI of 10, ULL shouldn't get one in my opinion (they definitely deserve to host though) and I'd slide Miami in.
5/16/2014 12:02:12 PM
Topic:

OpihiMan
OpihiMan
MiamiBaseball wrote:
Cox, the only thing is, "Record vs Top 200" isn't a real category that is considered by the committee. They are more interested in what you did against the top 25 and top 50.

I agree, record vs top 200 means you beat everyone pretty much everyone is supposed to beat. The eye test on ULL says they have a bullpen that struggles and are unproven hitting against good pitching. Now I know that "ifs" are pointless but I don't think any of us would disagree that ULL would not be in a national seed picture (probably even the hosting picture) if they were in the SEC, ACC, BIG12, and to a lesser extent this year the PAC12. That's my case and point on ULL.
5/16/2014 5:56:17 PM
Topic:

OpihiMan
OpihiMan
As it turns out Casey did in fact hand him a 5 game suspension and he won't be pitching tonight. He will be eligible to pitch, based on that suspension, on Sunday.
5/17/2014 12:59:52 AM
Topic:
Beavers versus Huskies

OpihiMan
OpihiMan
The bad news is we lost, the optimistic news is if I was asked which of our three starters would've been beat it would've been Moore who is only 5-4 on the year (mind you we only have 9 losses). With Fry up next and possibly Wetzler after that the series is still in reach.
5/17/2014 1:02:49 AM
Topic:
Beavers versus Huskies

OpihiMan
OpihiMan
On a different note could Reser or Schultz move into a Sunday starter and bump Moore to midweeks? I know it's late in the year but they have been pitching really well and Moore always seems to be on the edge, caught up to him today.
5/18/2014 10:43:59 AM
Topic:
Admin ....

OpihiMan
OpihiMan
Kendall, I think that was me. It was earlier in the year with all of the spammers and I was offering to help keep things clean.
5/18/2014 10:54:34 PM
Topic:
Beavers versus Huskies

OpihiMan
OpihiMan
Wiggle

OpihiMan wrote:
The bad news is we lost, the optimistic news is if I was asked which of our three starters would've been beat it would've been Moore who is only 5-4 on the year (mind you we only have 9 losses). With Fry up next and possibly Wetzler after that the series is still in reach.
5/19/2014 12:52:14 AM
Topic:
My Updated Bracketology

OpihiMan
OpihiMan
Nice bracket. I still don't see ULL as high as you do but that's just a difference of opinion. I definitely think they should host but I don't see their schedule/ rpi vs as worthy of a national seed. If they win their tourney I could definitely see the argument though and by into them a little more. Their pitching seems a big question mark to me.

Just curious, for fun sake...why do you see South Carolina as the first national seed out instead of Vandy?
5/19/2014 2:11:20 AM
Topic:
Calling all Beavers.....

OpihiMan
OpihiMan
Thanks ASU74. Pac12 title in reach, that's the first thing on the checklist. ASU is looking good right, playing well at the right time.
5/21/2014 12:02:24 AM
Topic:
Beavers vs. Ducks

OpihiMan
OpihiMan
What is there to worry about? Losing a near worthless midweek game in which we started our outfielder as pitcher, Conforto at 3rd, and 2 of our starters hurt?

Sorry RD but the Beavs themselves are treating it like a tune-up, they've already taken 4 of these 5 games.

It also may just be me but you where nowhere to be found when the Beavs beat the quacks the first 4 games.

Riverduck wrote:
Dodger Matt wrote:
Well. That was a gimme. Not sure how Conforto dropped/missed that pop fly. And Gabe Clark's throw would have yielded an out at the plate had it been lower.

Okay, tied. Not worried.

Worried now?
5/21/2014 12:14:53 AM
Topic:
Beavers vs. Ducks

OpihiMan
OpihiMan
Riverduck wrote:

Going to help our RPI though. We really need it.

How? Ducks are firmly planted in no man's land between 16 and 32, check the RPI needs report. I really don't know why the announcers keep talking as if Oregon has a real shot of hosting a regional. Am I missing something?
pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54