Subscribe Now!

Perfect Game Forum

OpihiMan - all messages by user

5/12/2013 1:50:12 AM
Topic:
Best College Baseball Publications/Blogs/Boards

OpihiMan
OpihiMan
I use d1baseball.com as my hub, I link to most things from there.
Also boydsworld.com
5/12/2013 2:10:53 AM
Topic:
Civil War Wager!

OpihiMan
OpihiMan
BeaverBob wrote:
My wife caught my laughing aloud at your post OM. For those non-Eugene residents, OM painted a very accurate representation of the Eugene and UO culture which happens to be the home of the anarchist movement and the ban God and Christmas movement.

Why thank you, I do wonder if I've gone too far yet...
Froot
5/12/2013 2:39:47 AM
Topic:
Civil War Wager!

OpihiMan
OpihiMan
That's a tricky question, manufactured outside of Eugene they are worth more due to the scarcity of material.

However, in Eugene it's a pretty common material that can be found bountifully throughout the Greater Eugene area.

As far as Union Label...I don't know, people in Eugene do things, as they wish, when they wish, if you tried to special order said Hacky sack, you'd probably find yourself forced into a Kumbayah circle, who's members wear worn out tie-dye and are covered in more body/facial hair than most other mammals. You'd then be non-forcefully told that your requests obstruct true art and it's really just a conspiracy to outsource the "woven armpit hacky sack" market to China, all while scents of patchouli and body odor waft through the humid air.

Dodger Matt wrote:
OpihiMan wrote:
I don't know if I'd want to win a hacky sack made of woven armpit hair and bong resin from the dirty south, though.

Is the hacky sack worth more or less if the armpit hair came from a female? And does it come with a union label?

Let's give them a chance. They already took game one. Best of five.
5/12/2013 2:41:37 AM
Topic:
Ducks vs The Other OSU

OpihiMan
OpihiMan
I actually Laughed out Loud at that, thanks DM

lol hit

Dodger Matt wrote:
BeaverBob wrote:
What stands out most to me is the difference in era, hits, and B/ave.

Player......Moore.......Irvin
ERA..........1.37..........2.93
H...............53.............80
B/Avg.....0.199.......0.261

RD, can you help me understand these numbers?

C'mon, Bob! These numbers show Irvin is a far better hitter. Moore is below the Mendoza line.
5/12/2013 2:42:37 AM
Topic:
Pac-12 predictions: 2013 Week 13

OpihiMan
OpihiMan
RD would watch....just saying
5/12/2013 2:53:03 AM
Topic:
Pac-12 predictions: 2013 Week 13

OpihiMan
OpihiMan
ROFLMAO
Me neither now!
Dodger Matt wrote:
I can't get the image of Bob role playing with anatomically correct beaver dolls outa my head! EEK!
5/12/2013 2:56:12 AM
Topic:
Civil War Wager!

OpihiMan
OpihiMan
5/12/2013 6:13:54 PM
Topic:
Cardinals-Beavers

OpihiMan
OpihiMan
Hey RD...Beavs have 5 conference sweeps....and only 1 conference series loss...guess you can't puff up your chest on that one anymore.
5/12/2013 11:23:27 PM
Topic:
Ducks vs The Other OSU

OpihiMan
OpihiMan
I know RD...it must be weird seeing another team win a game in the same way your team wins the majority of games.

Riverduck wrote:
And you guys almost lost.. 4 hit batters, 9 walks, 3 hits? Not exactly the showing going into the civil war. National seed coming up as a lock.
5/13/2013 10:32:26 PM
Topic:
Civil War Wager!

OpihiMan
OpihiMan
Leave my Beaver alone!

Florida Beaver wrote:
Riverduck wrote:
Florida Beaver wrote:
I will give this some thought. However.......IF I decide to take on this wager....it is ONLY for the 3 game series. RD...you cannot play like your team and try to "duck" out of the weekend by including a previously played game. It is for the 3 game weekend series only. I am not going to spend money to buy an OU hat or shirt that I would immediately burn following a picture. I will entertain coloring my mustache and goatee green and yellow and printing "the ducks are Oregon's best baseball team" on a white t-shirt (which would be incinerated after quickly) and posting that picture. Against RD doing the same only with him coloring beard and 'stache orange and black and writing the beavers are the best on the t-shirt. Now this is a bet against me ONLY RD.

Picture to be posted on Tuesday before the midweek game. BET?

Any other wager arrangements made with other posters are between you and them. However, consider this. You very well could end up making a myriad of bets that could keep you in Beaver colors for months. I would think a bet to have to attend the midweek game in a t-shirt that says "I'm a duck fan and the beavers are the better team" at Goss would be a great thing. Course, I can't attend, so I'd need a picture.

I would do that for all the games.. because in order to call the best team in state, you have to account for ALL games played. Meaning you guys win 3 out of 4, and I will proudly color my beard, and declare OSU supreme in Oregon on a white t shirt, posting, etc.

So you want to back up retroactively? To include a game played BEFORE the wager was even offered? Man. Next you'll want to include highest strike outs and least walks, fewest HBPs and a whole host of other crapola. However, I accept, and will include the previously played game but with this caveat. if you lose, in addition to the beard coloring and pic posting, you have to also change your avatar for the balance of the baseball year, to include the CWS whether you're there or not, to match Opihi's beaver avatar. And you have to keep your Riverduck name on it.
5/13/2013 10:33:42 PM
Topic:
Pac POW

OpihiMan
OpihiMan
RD...did you see the FACTS I posted...those STATS aren't absurd opinions but are actually factual.
5/14/2013 9:35:30 PM
Topic:
Ducks vs Zags

OpihiMan
OpihiMan
Ducks fail to take advantage of 2 Zag errors in 1 inning...how do they expect to win
5/14/2013 9:39:02 PM
Topic:
Ducks vs Zags

OpihiMan
OpihiMan
According to RD, these midweek games really matter and if Gonzaga can best them tonight then, following RD's reasoning from previous, the Zags must be a better team than the Ducks.
5/14/2013 9:51:18 PM
Topic:
Ducks vs Zags

OpihiMan
OpihiMan
I'm just saying, that's how the Ducks win this year... opposing errors is their game, if they fall to capitalize how are they going to score runs? Altobelli can only lean into pitches once every nine batters...
Riverduck wrote:
OpihiMan wrote:
Ducks fail to take advantage of 2 Zag errors in 1 inning...how do they expect to win

with a late inning walk and a hbp followed up with 2 wild pitches for the walk off.. or kind of like that last game the beavs played. That was a cheap one. As cheap as they get. I am not talking ducks cheap.. I am talking all time stanford sucks cheap.
5/14/2013 10:01:42 PM
Topic:
Ducks vs Zags

OpihiMan
OpihiMan
BeaverBob wrote:
OpihiMan wrote:
According to RD, these midweek games really matter and if Gonzaga can best them tonight then, following RD's reasoning from previous, the Zags must be a better team than the Ducks.

“”The very lack of evidence is thus treated as evidence; the absence of smoke proves that the fire is very carefully hidden.[1]
C.S. Lewis

Bob, you are being mean...You need to give the Ducks a quote at their reading level...

“This is night, Diddykins. That’s what we call it when it goes all dark like this.”

—Harry Potter, Order of the Phoenix
5/14/2013 10:24:08 PM
Topic:
Civil War Wager!

OpihiMan
OpihiMan
I'll allow it.

Florida Beaver wrote:
Sorry Opihi,

I am invoking the little used Oregon State "borrow brother beaver's beaver" beaver by-law. Under that by-law, it says, without needing prior permission, unless using copyrighted material, a brother beaver can borrow a brother beaver's beaver in instances where upholding the sanctity of beaver brotherhood against all ducks is needed. Since I know you took a copyrighted beaver and added to it, thusly removing any copyright infringement agreements, and your beaver beaver was the only one available for use that was not copyrighted, I used that in a lawfully abiding contractual bet against a duck. I know this may be a painful thing to have happen to your beaver, but I promise that your beaver will come to no harm. The fact that a duck will have to display your beaver should bring immense pride and joy to you and your beaver. I wish a duck could display my fine beaver for the whole PG world to see, unfortunately, I am too far away from a duck to make that a possibility. So please forgive my transgression. If you would like to get this by-law changed, the next meeting of the beaver brotherhood is in August. I'd give the date, but you know them ducks would love to come to OSU and get some real fine beaver. Due to a lack of any good beaver in Eugene, them dam ducks are always trying to get some Corvallis beaver, so I cannot chance letting any duck know the date of the meeting and get a chance to get some prime beaver. I believe DM or BB can give you the exact date of the meeting as they are both Water Buffalo Sacred Beaver Brothers in good standing.
5/14/2013 10:29:29 PM
Topic:
Pac-12 predictions: 2013 Week 14 (RIVALRY WEEK)

OpihiMan
OpihiMan
OSU 2-1
ASU 3-0
UCLA 2-1
Stan 2-1
UW 2-1
XKan 2-1
5/14/2013 10:30:38 PM
Topic:
Ducks vs Zags

OpihiMan
OpihiMan
I'll start making a crow pie...

Riverduck wrote:

game over.. ducks will pull this one out. sweet
5/14/2013 10:32:17 PM
Topic:
Ducks vs Zags

OpihiMan
OpihiMan
He knows what everyone knows.

-Chip Kelly
5/14/2013 10:36:07 PM
Topic:
Ducks vs Zags

OpihiMan
OpihiMan
MMM....smells like crow!
pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54