Subscribe Now!

Perfect Game Forum

OpihiMan - all messages by user

3/3/2013 12:14:25 PM
Topic:
Top teams that have stumbled

OpihiMan
OpihiMan
Arkansas tried really hard to complete a disappointing weekend. Up 3-1 going into the bottom of the 9th a fielding error gives up the tying run. Then hit a batter to load the bases, then Pacific hit their 4th single of the inning for the winning run. 0-4 in the tourney with losses to Gonzaga, Arizona State (x2), and Pacific!
edited by OpihiMan on 3/3/2013
3/3/2013 3:44:48 PM
Topic:
Oregon State vs. Bryant

OpihiMan
OpihiMan
Conforto with the Grand Slam! 8 RBI in HR in 2 days for Conforto!

Dodger Matt wrote:
Break out the mustard, grandma!
3/3/2013 3:47:59 PM
Topic:
Oregon Vs Cal State Fullerton

OpihiMan
OpihiMan
Think you mean 1-2...

Dodger Matt wrote:
Ducks taking care of business today against the Titans, 9-1 after eight.

Going 2-1 against CSF on the road is no dishonor.
3/3/2013 3:51:31 PM
Topic:
Top teams that have stumbled

OpihiMan
OpihiMan
Well they aren't necessarily a top team, and this isn't a surprise...but Texas just got swept by Stanford in walkoff fashion.
3/3/2013 4:14:26 PM
Topic:
Oregon State vs. Bryant

OpihiMan
OpihiMan
Conforto 1 more jack, 3-run bomb to go with his Grand Slam! 11RBI in 2 days off 4 HR
3/3/2013 4:21:45 PM
Topic:
Oregon State vs. Bryant

OpihiMan
OpihiMan
Yeah Conforto had a RBI with a single in the 7-2 win yesterday to add to his 11RBI HR total.
3/3/2013 4:29:45 PM
Topic:
Oregon State vs. Bryant

OpihiMan
OpihiMan
Per my calculations, if the Beavs get out of the 9th and preserve the shutout the team ERA will drop to 0.83 and the Beaver bullpen has a 0.00 ERA in relief!
edited by OpihiMan on 3/3/2013
3/3/2013 4:57:10 PM
Topic:
Oregon State vs. Bryant

OpihiMan
OpihiMan
If we don't lose one to Texas State we could drop one to SF who destroyed Arizona 9-2 @ Arizona today. Those midweek games are tricky because you are putting your #4/#5 on the mound and you don't want to go deep in your bullpen as Pac12 season opens on the road against Arizona 2 days later....

Florida Beaver wrote:
Nice...12-0. Maybe getting ahead of myself, but that record 18 straight wins could be tied this year. Portland looks to be a wary game. The Texas State and San Fran games should be okay. Wow. What a great start to the year.
3/3/2013 6:56:10 PM
Topic:
Oregon Vs Cal State Fullerton

OpihiMan
OpihiMan
As long as you're feeling better, that's all that matters.

Riverduck wrote:
I thought they played one of their best games of the year. CSF has some bats.. They are a very good team. Feel better going into the vandy series. The ducks needed that in a big way.
3/4/2013 6:01:49 PM
Topic:
RANKINGS: PG College Top 25 (3/4/)

OpihiMan
OpihiMan
...not to mention team has a 0.83 ERA... bullpen has 0.00 ERA, with 4 wins away, 4 neutral, and 4 at home.
3/5/2013 7:51:51 PM
Topic:
Beavers vs Pilots Game Rained Out

OpihiMan
OpihiMan
Tell me about it, I drove up to Bellingham today and was hoping to kill 3 hours of the drive by listening to the game...
3/5/2013 8:09:20 PM
Topic:

OpihiMan
OpihiMan
Hey, that's my job!

Florida Beaver wrote:
Giving RD some grief is always a pleasant diversion!

BeaverBob wrote:
Boo hoo. I was hoping for a little diversion from work.
3/5/2013 8:29:11 PM
Topic:
Duck attendance

OpihiMan
OpihiMan
I'd take empty stands then a full park of Duck weirdos...they got some weird fans down south.

BeaverBob wrote:
Just turned on the Ducks game against Cal State Northridge. I didn't see any fans in the stands. I wonder if Horton has taken Chip Kelly's approach to football practices -- Close the stadium down to fans and media.
edited by BeaverBob on 3/5/2013
3/5/2013 8:43:12 PM
Topic:

OpihiMan
OpihiMan
...see the pic I just posted in "Duck Attendance"

That's my nominee...

Dodger Matt wrote:
This rainout will affect the Beavers' shot at the all-time best start of 18-0. Assuming we sweep Texas State and USF, we'll have to beat the Wildcats twice in Tucson without this Portland game. Just got a little harder....

On another note, I think it's time Beaver Bob got an avatar. I think there's a fresh new one out there somewhere today....
3/8/2013 10:59:10 PM
Topic:
Ducks

OpihiMan
OpihiMan
Ducks hitting has been underwhelming so far this year....2 hits tonight (albeit against good pitching) isn't going to cut it.
3/9/2013 7:40:10 AM
Topic:
Ducks

OpihiMan
OpihiMan
hey now... Don't get me wrong, my feelings for the schmucks remains unchanged but I also like to sprinkle in some facts to go along with my opinions.

anyway, I know RD will probably say that they lost to the #2 team just like the series loss was to a ranked CSF last week... but at some point if you can't beat top competition then you probably don't deserve to be described as so. if you can only beat up on the Hawaii's and take 2 of 3 from the LMU's but take series losses to CSF and vandy ( my prediction). then you probably deserve to be respected somewhere in the middle despite your glorious alum, fancy marketing campaigns, and bandwagon fans ( see attendance still far).

Florida Beaver wrote:
OpihiMan wrote:
Ducks hitting has been underwhelming so far this year....2 hits tonight (albeit against good pitching) isn't going to cut it.

Really Opihi? The door is wide open to slamdunk RD and you come up with underwhelming hitting? Starting to lose faith buddy. I know you shouldn't hit a man when he's down, but dam.....this is the ducklings we are talking about. You know, the southern relative no-one talks about at family reunions because of their tree has no branches.
edited by Florida Beaver on 3/8/2013
3/9/2013 8:57:50 AM
Topic:
Ducks

OpihiMan
OpihiMan
Fair enough RD
3/10/2013 3:34:26 PM
Topic:
Ducks

OpihiMan
OpihiMan
Best result for a Beaver fan...another Oregon Series loss, and Vandy drops a game!
3/10/2013 3:47:58 PM
Topic:
Ducks

OpihiMan
OpihiMan
The Pond Pidgeons are 2-4 against ranked opponents...sorry, but I wouldn't boast about that. All that means is the Ducks don't deserve to be ranked as they can't hang.

Oh and BTW Beavs are 4-0 against ranked opponents (SDSU was ranked #22 at the time and we swept a 4 game series at SDSU)

Riverduck wrote:
I am actually pretty thrilled right now. 5 losses right now is ok. We at least know we can beat the top in the country.. can you say that?

edited by OpihiMan on 3/10/2013
3/10/2013 6:42:55 PM
Topic:
Ducks

OpihiMan
OpihiMan
HAHA!

RD your Ducks lost to impressive teams, and limped through a bunch of the other games with lackluster hitting.

You can have the toughest strength of schedule in the country but if you only win 33% of your games against quality opponents you can't be successful.

I'm not trying to be mean, just calling things how I see them. No need to get your tail feathers ruffled (though I think you lost those under the bus...). It's all good, we're all baseball fans, just love the game. I just happen to not care for the ducks...personal preference, that's all.

Riverduck wrote:
Not really worried about where they are ranked right now Ophi.. Last time I checked you have to go through your schedule to make it really count. We did fine and things will fall into place. Right now we have a few more pieces to figure out.. and yeah playing tough opponents may not be as vogue as winning all your pre season games, but you can have your schedule.
I thought it pretty much sucked.
pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54