OpihiMan
OpihiMan
Beavers win!
6/1/2012 11:46:40 PM
Topic:
Day one surprises

OpihiMan
OpihiMan
Oregon deserved to lose, they got a very bad call at the end of the game for the win...even the horrible extremely biased duck announcers thought so, it's a shame they would've been the laughing stock of baseball...being a deserved, lol, national seed and all. That duck team is extremely over rated!
6/2/2012 2:29:16 PM
Topic:
Day two surprises

OpihiMan
OpihiMan
Wow, Miami is really making the committee look bad...I know most analysts were questioning that regional as Miami as a host but that is just embarrassing....sorry MiamiBaseball
6/2/2012 3:05:30 PM
Topic:
Day two surprises

OpihiMan
OpihiMan
Very big of you...SB and MS definitely played their butts off. It's looking like the winner of the Baton Rouge regional can essentially punch their ticket to Omaha (LSU won't lose a Super at The Box, and the Beavs are pretty dominant at Goss...not to mention the travel all the Coral Gables teams will have to deal with).

MiamiBaseball wrote:
OpihiMan wrote:
Wow, Miami is really making the committee look bad...I know most analysts were questioning that regional as Miami as a host but that is just embarrassing....sorry MiamiBaseball

No offense taken here. Our gutless players quit in the fifth inning last night. I hope the draft takes care of some of the dead weight.

Make no mistake, I give all credit to Stony Brook and Mizz State. They were simply better. And our guys not giving a flip made the scores that much worse.
6/2/2012 3:12:25 PM
Topic:
Eugene Regional

OpihiMan
OpihiMan
So stupid, Umpires blew it big time. Not say Peay-Peay would have won but they shouldn't have lost because Ump's made 2 bad calls on that play (ignoring the tag, and not calling him out for running out of the basepath.

And that's the face JJ Alto-Jelly-Belly makes in other activities in his life.
6/2/2012 6:27:58 PM
Topic:
Day two surprises

OpihiMan
OpihiMan
Dodger Matt wrote:
Not sure why they were the home team....

They were visiting team yesterday...see rules below:

Determination of Home Team

For first-round games during championship competition, the highest-seeded team
shall be designated as the home team. In subsequent games, the home team shall be
determined according to a formula applied by the games committee.
In determining which of two teams in any game will be the home team, the games
committee or the NCAA game representative shall designate the home team using the
following guidelines:

1. The institution that has been the home team the fewer number of times in that
particular tournament.

2. If the two teams are equal in this respect but unequal in the number of times
they were the visitor, then the team that has been the visitor more often will be
designated the home team.

3. If the two teams are equal in the number of times that they have been home and
visitor, the games committee or the NCAA game representative shall observe the
following procedures in the order stated:

a. If the two teams have met previously in that particular tournament, the visitor
in the previous game shall be the home team in the game in question;

b. The team that was visitor in its preceding game shall be the home team, unless
both teams were visitors in their preceding games; or

c. If the above procedures do not resolve the matter, the home team shall be
determined by coin flip. The higher seeded team can determine whether they
will call the coin toss, or defer the call to their opponent.
6/2/2012 6:43:57 PM
Topic:
Beavers in Baton Rouge

OpihiMan
OpihiMan
DM, would you mind telling me and giving some stats on who ULM will be throwing tomorrow...Beavers are not going to win this game...Gausman won't be touched. Only chance I see is coming back and picking up 2 against pitchers a little lower on LSU's depth chart.
6/2/2012 7:25:50 PM
Topic:
Beavers in Baton Rouge

OpihiMan
OpihiMan
Gausman + 3run deficit + 10,000 fans + Dan Child throwing every other pitch in the dirt = a very realistic and legitimate comment on my part
6/2/2012 8:12:14 PM
Topic:
Beavers in Baton Rouge

OpihiMan
OpihiMan
Dan child, I believe, has just given the worst performance of any beaver this season. Fire Yeskie, he would have been taken out in the 4th after his 8th ball in the dirt and now a fielding error, and HE'S still pitching
6/2/2012 8:16:29 PM
Topic:
Day two surprises

OpihiMan
OpihiMan
I'm still surprised they are playing in the night game...just giving you a hard time
6/3/2012 12:10:46 AM
Topic:
Day two surprises

OpihiMan
OpihiMan
Doesn't make you any less over-rated...just lucky. Pure DUMB luck.

Riverduck wrote:
Well, 1 game from the super regional. Our over rated team is now in a position to go all the way. We may be playing Austin Peay for the championship... Have fun in the losers bracket..
6/3/2012 2:27:57 AM
Topic:
If the beavs lose..

OpihiMan
OpihiMan
Yeah the forum probably will die, we will go home and bask in the glory of our national championships....why not. It seems as though the forum is already starting to die though....the posts are 70% Beavs anyway.

We still are the best in the state
edited by OpihiMan on 6/3/2012
6/3/2012 2:34:12 AM
Topic:
Day two surprises

OpihiMan
OpihiMan
Why because you guys got an easy path and a regional at home, or because the Beavs had to travel to Baton Rouge and face a 10,000 fan crowd and LSU. Your win against Peay-Peay at home should have been a loss!

Ducks are garbage, should be playing through losers bracket...that wasn't luck, it was bad officiating VERY bad officiating. OSU 4-1 UO, we are the best team in the NW (head to head says it all). I don't care if OSU loses 50-0 tomorrow, Beavs doggy style Ducks!

Riverduck wrote:
I guess I need to repeat myself.. sometimes it is just better to be lucky than good. So much for northwest dominance.. I guess we will find out tomorrow who the best team in the state is.
6/3/2012 6:07:20 PM
Topic:
If the beavs lose..

OpihiMan
OpihiMan
It's a shame because I have alot of respect for Kendall but I pay for beaver nation online, and tickets occasionally, I know he just went to monthly but before that I couldn't justify the additional cost. Now it's too late for this season, as he slowly fades from the free forums it may be time to start looking elsewhere...and I mean absolutely no disrespect
6/3/2012 6:09:49 PM
Topic:
Pac-12...Softball

OpihiMan
OpihiMan
Dodger Matt wrote:
ASU and Cal lose, so this will be only the third time ever that the championship game/series does not have a Pac-12 team competing. The other two times:

1986 *Cal State Fullerton (57-9-1) beat Texas A&M
1983 Texas A&M (41-11) beat Cal State Fullerton

Oklahoma takes on Alabama in a best of three series tomorrow.

Talk about conference dominance!
6/3/2012 6:56:13 PM
Topic:
Beavers in Baton Rouge

OpihiMan
OpihiMan
Florida Beaver wrote:
Borg and Opihi have had a motivational roadblock here lately. C'mon guys! We are still in the game!!!

Alright FB, I'll pick you up buddy, positive energy flowing...let's go Schultzy!
6/3/2012 7:30:12 PM
Topic:
Beavers in Baton Rouge

OpihiMan
OpihiMan
Who else can play 3rd base?
6/3/2012 7:34:50 PM
Topic:
Beavers in Baton Rouge

OpihiMan
OpihiMan
1whoknows wrote:
Is there an online radio feed for the Beavers/LSU? I might even listen to an LSU broadcast.

Look up KPAM,KEJO, or KKNX on Google and listen to tier live stream.
6/3/2012 7:44:23 PM
Topic:
Beavers in Baton Rouge

OpihiMan
OpihiMan
Yeah I'm watching on Comcast
pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54