Not a member yet?
Subscribe Now!

Perfect Game Forum

leofrog - all messages by user

4/17/2012 4:34:42 PM
Topic:
PG 64: The latest projected field (4.17) (ASK Q'S)

leofrog
leofrog
OpihiMan wrote:
If Oregon State and Oregon both host with 1 being a national seed would the committee automatically pair those 2 regionals for super regionals?

Can't, same conference.
4/30/2013 11:42:38 AM
Topic:
COLUMN: Mazey's magical touch at WVU (CBT)

leofrog
leofrog
Being a TCU fan, Mazey's success is no surprise. We actually miss his baseball knowledge this year. Good job to Mazey, the coaching staff, and the team.
4/30/2013 11:44:32 AM
Topic:
COLLEGE FIELD of 64: April 25

leofrog
leofrog
Kendall,

This is a big if, but what happens if a team like TCU wins the Big 12 tourney? What seed would they be? I could substitute Texas, but their RPI and overall resume is much better than TCU's.
Thanks
6/25/2013 12:05:43 PM
Topic:
TCU

leofrog
leofrog
Kendall, you were correct that Vitello was going to Arkansas. What have you heard about his replacement at TCU?
5/27/2014 12:15:34 PM
Topic:
Hardest/Easiest Regional

leofrog
leofrog
OpihiMan wrote:
By easiest/hardest I'm assuming it's from the point of view of the host.
Hardest: Oxford
Easiest: Fort Worth

As a TCU fan, i can't argue that we got one of the easiest regionals, along with Miami and one or two others. Geography worked in our favor this year with both the regional and super regional.
Now, the guys have to go win the games on the field.
5/27/2014 10:22:58 PM
Topic:
Any Ideas for Post Season Projection/Competition?

leofrog
leofrog
So, someone told me to come here and say I'm in. Go frogs!!
5/30/2014 10:52:15 AM
Topic:
2014 NCAA Tournament Prediction Contest

leofrog
leofrog
Regionals

Oregon St 10

Ok State 7
Fullerton 3

Rice 6
Texas 3
Texas A&M 1

LSU 8
Houston 2

Florida St 10

Louisville 2
Kentucky 3
Kansas 3
Kent State 2

Vanderbilt 5
Oregon 3
Clemson 2

Indiana 8
Stanford 2

Florida 6
LBSU 1
UNC 1
Charleston 2

Miami 8
Texas Tech 2

Cal Poly 3
Pepperdine 5
Arizona St 2

TCU 10

Louisiana 8
Mississippi St 2

Ole Miss 7
Washington 1
Georgia Tech 2

South Carolina 10

Virginia 10

Super Regionals

Oregon State 13
Oklahoma St 5
Fullerton 2

LSU 14
Rice 3
Texas 3

Florida St 20

Indiana 12
Vanderbilt 5
Oregon 3

Florida 10
Miami 10

TCU 18
Pepperdine 2

Louisiana 15
Ole Miss 5

Virginia 20

CWS

Oregon St 25
Virginia 30
TCU 75
LSU 30
6/1/2014 5:09:48 AM
Topic:
Sam Houston State had the game taken from them

leofrog
leofrog
Ok, I'm still winding down from that game. About 7 hours and 22 innings, what a friggin game. As a fan of baseball, it stinks that there is so much controversy that decided the outcome of the game.

Y'all will be able to see the play, so you can form your own opinion. I've seen it, and have my own thoughts. For those that don't know, that was actually the second interference call the 2nd base umpire called against Sam Houston St on the night. The first one happened in the 1st inning, and wiped off two runs. So, whatever it's worth, it was a big deal for that ump. I will say that IMO the 2nd interference was worse than the 1st one, so you can tell how the game was called by that ump.

The sad thing about this as a TCU fan, is that this play will go viral the longer TCU plays this year. It sucks, but it's reality.

Sam Houston St played a great game, and if I were a fan, I would think we got robbed. But, that's the way the ball bounces, and TCU was able to capitalize when they lost their confidence.

I also want to congratulate the crowd. There was still a strong contingent there at 2:30 am, and the longer the game went, the louder they got.
6/12/2014 7:26:12 PM
Topic:
Where err body go? CWS starts tomorrow

leofrog
leofrog
I hope everyone sleeps on TCU!! I'm driving up Saturday and staying until TCU leaves, hopefully about 13 days.
6/12/2014 7:28:16 PM
Topic:

leofrog
leofrog
Update?
6/12/2014 7:34:57 PM
Topic:
ACC..................Overrated????????????????????

leofrog
leofrog
cox3 wrote:
Honestly, since the bat changes of 4 years ago, I'm not really sure that college baseball is doing a very good job of deciding who the best teams are these days. Offense is no longer a part of the game and pitching just consists of throwing high fastballs that are pulverized to center field before being caught. Defense and not walking batters are about the only skills that are even being tested these days. I think you could probably just put the top 50 teams into a hat and draw out names and it would be about the same as playing the games. I don't think the games are really testing overall team skill very well with this equipment-- which is really sad. Some people might call it parity and say that it is good for the game but I would prefer just use equipment that ensures that the best team wins rather than it be almost complete luck as to who wins a game on any given day.
edited by cox3 on 6/8/2014

I don't disagree with what you are saying, but everyone has had to adjust. That is where coaching comes in, and teaching players to make the proper adjustments to get on base. I'm biased because I grew up an NL guy where pitching and defense win games!!
6/27/2014 4:07:57 PM
Topic:

leofrog
leofrog
Wooooooo!!
pages: 1