Subscribe Now!

Perfect Game Forum

FV4Heels - all messages by user

5/21/2011 4:14:15 PM
Topic:
SWEEP!

FV4Heels
FV4Heels
Great series by the Heels holding the number one team in the country to 3 runs all weekend! Definitely a big step in the right direction at the most important time of the year!
5/23/2011 4:00:38 PM
Topic:
PG TOP 25: New No. 1 and more (5/23)

FV4Heels
FV4Heels
Personally, I don't care where we're ranked right now as long as we play like we did this weekend, and we get a national seed!
5/24/2011 7:47:53 AM
Topic:

FV4Heels
FV4Heels
Besides the last time we got respect, we were promptly swept by State and lost a series to Miami.
5/24/2011 7:53:16 AM
Topic:

FV4Heels
FV4Heels
Travis, I hope you know It is not my intent to bash your comments. I think there is some merit there. I think our guys play better when they have something to aim for. We played well this weekend, but is still a month of season left.
5/25/2011 12:15:46 PM
Topic:
3 games against 3 aces for UNC

FV4Heels
FV4Heels
Is their ace a lefty? If so, I'm betting that's the reason why.
5/25/2011 12:17:32 PM
Topic:
Rivals Radio

FV4Heels
FV4Heels
Kendall,

I heard you on Rivals for the first time this season today. Great insights! Are you going to be on Wed. for the rest of the season, or are you on sporadically?
5/26/2011 6:08:13 AM
Topic:
Rivals Radio

FV4Heels
FV4Heels
You're right, it is on the college sports station. Sirius and XM recently changed the channels. It is now on Channel 91.
5/31/2011 11:36:08 AM
Topic:
Easiest Road Ever...

FV4Heels
FV4Heels
Correct me if I'm wrong, don't both these teams have identical records? If that is the case, wouldn't you award the higher seed to the team with a better RPI? UNC had a better home, road, AND a better neutral field record the SC. SC had 2 more conference wins. I guess it's because you beat UF and Vandy. Well we SWEPT UVA (the number one seed) and took 2 of three from FSU at FSU (the number five seed). I guess that doesn't count though. BTW, we also SWEPT Clemson whose hosting this week and went to CA and beat CSF as well. The only team hosting this week we played and didn't win the series was GT. Going 10-3 against regional hosts and 5-1 and one against national seeds ain't bad.
5/31/2011 11:43:19 AM
Topic:
Maine Head Coach Trimper oozes class....

FV4Heels
FV4Heels
I personally don't that much difference in the each teams resume to warrant the seeding one way or the other. Both are 45-14. SC has two more conference wins, but NC has better non conference schedule with wins. The only head to head advantage I would give UNC their sweep of Clemson. UNC also has a slightly better road and neutral site record. Does it really matter in the grand scheme of things? No, you still have to go out on the field and win.
5/31/2011 11:46:35 AM
Topic:
Who's going?

FV4Heels
FV4Heels
I'm going to the Chapel Hill regional! Got my two tickets and cheering for my Heels. Good luck to the Beavs.
6/4/2011 6:25:05 AM
Topic:
"Fox's Absence Gives Boshamer Empty Feeling"

FV4Heels
FV4Heels
It felt very weird without Coach at the Bosh last night. Hopefully, every thing turns out for the best for him.
6/4/2011 7:31:36 PM
Topic:
Great start tonight PJ!

FV4Heels
FV4Heels
8.0 IP 3 H 1BB 11K's for the Diamond Heels! Wished I could have been there to see it, but Daddy duty called. I will be there tomorrow!
6/10/2011 7:36:36 PM
Topic:
Great start tonight PJ!

FV4Heels
FV4Heels
Thanks for a spectacular last month PJ! 13-1 for the year against number ones all season long! Thanks for a great senior season. It was bittersweet seeing him walk off the mound for the last time at the Bosh!

Since May 6th all this kid has done is have 14 inning scoreless streak and tonight Stanford broke a 30 inning scoreless streak. In his last 44.1, he given up 3 runs, 53 K's, 23 Hits, and 10 BB's. He had a no hitter going in the sixth against Wake, but rain ended that one at 2 AM.
7/6/2011 8:10:46 PM
Topic:
Congrats Kyle!

FV4Heels
FV4Heels
Another member of the Diamond Heel '09 draft class make the show. Kyle got his call yesterday to play third for the Mariners. he joins his fellow Heel team mate Dustin Ackley!
5/2/2012 1:56:52 PM
Topic:
We Finally get our 3rd Baseman Back!!!!

FV4Heels
FV4Heels
http://www.tarheelblue.com/sports/m-basebl/spec-rel/050112aaa.html

Glad to see Moran back in the lineup. Hopefully he can bring us some offense!
5/8/2012 7:40:32 AM
Topic:
Anyone watch the FSUv MD game last night?

FV4Heels
FV4Heels
I have seen it all now! A suicide squeeze scoring 2 runs! That was gutsy!
5/27/2012 7:35:32 AM
Topic:
Game of the Year in the ACC Last Night

FV4Heels
FV4Heels
The game between the Heels and the Pack has to be the game of the year in the ACC! An 11 inning shutout thrown by both teams! Rodon was an absolute stud. I can't believe he's just a freshman! I do fear that State may use him way too much while he's there.

For our side, I thought the staff pitched extremely well! Moss did a great job starting. This was definitely a great way to go into the Regionals! i think we've seen was is coming though as we faced three lefties this week. I think we're going to get a steady dose of them for the rest of the season!
2/8/2013 11:20:21 AM
Topic:
Where are ya gonna be opening day?

FV4Heels
FV4Heels
At the Bosh watching my Diamond Heels take on Seton Hall.
3/17/2013 2:06:37 PM
Topic:
Just left a the Heels and Canes game today

FV4Heels
FV4Heels
That had to be the worst officiating crew I have EVER seen period! There were several points in the game that there were blatantly missed calls. One missed call actually resulted in the tying run for Miami. BTW, I still can't believe that teams are still walking Moran to get to Bolt (keep doing it though). That cost Miami a 3 Run homer and the game today! BOLT IS THE REAL DEAL. I believe this team is complete. We've had pitching the last couple of years, but we were struggling to put up runs. That is NOT the case with this team! If we can stay healthy, we will be a hard out for anybody.
3/17/2013 2:35:20 PM
Topic:
Just left a the Heels and Canes game today

FV4Heels
FV4Heels
It was, but I tell the guy behind plate was absolutely atrocious. Both teams were upset with inconsistency of the strike zone. He missed a blantant strike three call on a bunt attempt. The batter offered and never made an attempt to bring the bat back. It was called a ball. How can you make that call when bat goes completely over the plate, but never recoiled. That no call led to the tying run two batters latter. They would have never plated the run before they made their third out.
pages: 1 2 3