tcu_lusch
tcu_lusch
ttt
3/1/2011 8:13:37 PM
Topic:
Dallas Baptist 4, TCU 3 (FINAL)

tcu_lusch
tcu_lusch
TCU had 4 errors, you cannot expect to win games with that type of fielding.
3/7/2011 3:04:07 PM
Topic:
most efficient pitcher in the country?

tcu_lusch
tcu_lusch
TCU's Kyle Winkler is a candidate.

22.1 innings, 19ks, 1 walk, 0.00 ERA, 3-0
3/12/2011 7:17:09 AM
Topic:
most efficient pitcher in the country?

tcu_lusch
tcu_lusch
After yesterday's game.

Kyle Winkler, 4-0, 28.1 IP, 0.00 ERA, 26k, 2 bb, 14 hits
5/30/2011 2:34:33 PM
Topic:
Toughest Regional?

tcu_lusch
tcu_lusch
What are everyone's thoughts on the toughest regional this year.

My vote would probably be Fort Worth (though I'm biased):
TCU, Oklahoma, Dallas Baptist, and Oral Roberts

TCU and Oklahoma are both good teams....Oklahoma was in the hosting discussion at several points this season and have given the Frogs fits over the past few seasons.

DBU has a tough #1 pitcher, they beat TCU and Oklahoma already this season and they also took games from TAMU, Rice, and Oklahoma State this season.

Oral Roberts is a solid #4 seed as well...they typically play TCU tough (lost 4-6 this season) and took weekend games from Arizona State and Baylor this season and lost 2-1 to Texas on the road.

I think UCLA is also a tough regional...I wouldn't be shocked if any of the top three seeds in that one end up winning it, though UCLA certainly has the advantage pitching wise.
edited by tcu_lusch on 5/30/2011
5/30/2011 2:43:24 PM
Topic:
UCLA Regional

tcu_lusch
tcu_lusch
One of the toughest regionals IMO...should be an entertaining one.
5/30/2011 3:18:04 PM
Topic:
36-20, RPI of 26 = Not in the field...

tcu_lusch
tcu_lusch
Only 4 OOC games away from the box sure didn't help their cause either. Especially when none of those 4 were outside of the state or weekend series.
6/1/2011 12:21:00 PM
Topic:
Columbia should have the hottest regional

tcu_lusch
tcu_lusch
They are forecasting 100. 99. 98 for Friday, Saturday, and Sunday in Austin, TX plus a 10% chance on rain Saturday and 30% chance on rain Sunday so the humidity should be pretty good as well.

Plus UT has a turf field...which is hotter than natural grass...it should be a real hot one in Austin.
6/1/2011 12:44:32 PM
Topic:
XM/SIRIUS NCAA Preview Archive (link inside)

tcu_lusch
tcu_lusch
Thanks for posting...great job as always
6/1/2011 9:13:08 PM
Topic:
Columbia should have the hottest regional

tcu_lusch
tcu_lusch
And there is still the artificial surface issue in Austin.

At the University of Missouri they have measured 173 degree surface temperatures on synthetic fields on 98 degree days, compared to 105 degrees for natural grass.
http://www.plantmanagementnetwork.org/pub/ats/news/2005/synthetic/

A BYU study found that synthetic surface temperature is on average 86.5 degrees higher than natural turf
http://aces.nmsu.edu/programs/turf/documents/brigham-young-study.pdf

A UNLV study have found synthetic surfaces to be 69 degrees hotter than natural turf
http://grasssyntheticinfo.com/2009/01/synthetic-grass-surface-temperature-research/

So Columbia may be "hotter" for the fans....but I think Austin is going to be "hotter" for the players as they will be at surface level.
6/5/2011 4:25:11 PM
Topic:
Upsets

tcu_lusch
tcu_lusch
Oral Roberts beats TCU 8-4...DBU and Oral Roberts will meet tonight.
6/6/2011 6:46:55 AM
Topic:
Upsets

tcu_lusch
tcu_lusch
jdh008 wrote:
tcu_lusch wrote:
Oral Roberts beats TCU 8-4...DBU and Oral Roberts will meet tonight.

Kinda neat that one of these two programs will be in the Super Regional.

I agree...I have a lot of respect for both of these programs. TCU plays both of these teams pretty much every year, and they both play the game the right way.

I think Dallas Baptist wins the game tonight to advance to the super regionals, which will be against Baylor of California. Both of these would be very winnable series for Dallas Baptist. It would be awesome to see the Patriots make Omaha.
6/8/2011 9:33:58 AM
Topic:
****SUPER REGIONALS PREDICTIONS****

tcu_lusch
tcu_lusch
South Carolina 2-0
Florida 2-1
TAMU 2-1
Arizona State 2-1
Dallas Baptist 2-1
UNC 2-1
Virginia 2-0
Vanderbilt 2-0
6/8/2011 9:36:23 AM
Topic:
DBU - the little engine that could!

tcu_lusch
tcu_lusch
I am really looking forward to the DBU v. Cal Super....like others have said, either one will make a great story for Omaha.

I have a ton of respect for DBU...TCU has played them often the past few seasons and I have liked what I have seen from the Patriots for awhile. Heefner is a great coach and DBU has managed to remain a competitive team even with a good number of coaching changes the past few years and independent status.
pages: 1 2 3 4