Not a member yet?
Subscribe Now!

Perfect Game Forum

tater head - all messages by user

4/14/2011 9:39:14 AM
Topic:
PG64: NCAA Postseason Projections (4/14) -HAVE Qs?

tater head
tater head
KR, still se the man-crush on Baylor, huh? 3-7 in their last 10, 5-7 in conference and you still see them making the tourney?? Hopefully A&M will put them out of their misery this weekend.

Could say the same for LSU. No team with a 3-9 conference record should qualify.
edited by tater head on 4/14/2011
4/21/2011 10:05:11 AM
Topic:
ANALYSIS: Going inside the projections (4/20)

tater head
tater head
Still be surprised if the Southland gets more than 1 bid but agree they should and thought they deserved it last year too. Don't think SFA will be it though. They have built their conference record playing the bottom half of the conference so far and the rest of their conference games are against the top half (excluding Texas State). I think they'll fall back. Do really like the job Cardenas has done there given the recruiting challenges of no on campus field. Also really like the Bryson Myles kid. Good combo of power and speed. Understood he was going to be a two-sport guy at TCU but something didn't take and wound up at SFA.

I'll give you the week off on my Baylor bashing but the same argument you use for LSU could apply for them. Sub .500 conference record, close to bottom of conference standings and not playing well right now. Rather see a mid major like SFA, Sam Houston or SE LA rewarded over a mediocre power conference team.

Edit: On second thought with Baylor losing at home tonight to a weak Missouri team I'm going to have to demand a recount.
edited by tater head on 4/21/2011
4/22/2011 10:15:17 PM
Topic:
Taylor Jungmann

tater head
tater head
Effortless is exactly right and he still has some growing to do. Lookout when he fills out that frame. He's going to be a star at the next level.
5/5/2011 9:20:14 AM
Topic:
PG 64: Latest NCAA Projections (ASK Q'S) -- 5/4

tater head
tater head
I'd be amazed if the Southland is a 3 bid league. I expect SFA to fall back with the remainder of their SLC schedule against SHSU, Lamar and SELA. Think it's optimistic for the SLC to get two teams in.
See you fell back in love with Baylor after they finally snapped their 4 series losing streak in the Big 12 and have them in. Wouldn't have thought a series win against the bottom of the Big 12 Nebraska would carry so much weight. At 9-12 in the Big 12, Baylor is on the bubble to make their own conference tourney.
5/6/2011 12:49:00 PM
Topic:
PG 64: Latest NCAA Projections (ASK Q'S) -- 5/4

tater head
tater head
Kendall wrote:
tater head wrote:
I'd be amazed if the Southland is a 3 bid league. I expect SFA to fall back with the remainder of their SLC schedule against SHSU, Lamar and SELA. Think it's optimistic for the SLC to get two teams in.
See you fell back in love with Baylor after they finally snapped their 4 series losing streak in the Big 12 and have them in. Wouldn't have thought a series win against the bottom of the Big 12 Nebraska would carry so much weight. At 9-12 in the Big 12, Baylor is on the bubble to make their own conference tourney.

It'll be interesting to see what happens with SFA the next few weeks. It's bid depends on winning the conference tournament anyway. With that said, go look at all the other resumes (actually I'm about to release a bubble watch), and Baylor deserves to be in over some of the other terrible resumes out there. Mississippi State, for instance, has a resume similar to Baylor's and it isn't in. Tough day when you "love" a team that barely made it in the field of 64. I get the feeling you're a Texas or A&M fan.

Am a Texas fan but have a SLC connection. Texas State has the regular season tiebreaker over SFA by virtue of their series win v. the Jacks. I think the only way SFA gets in is via the tourney. If that's the case I don't see both Texas State and SELA getting invites so still think the best the SLC can hope for is two bids.

Now back to Baylor. If you gave them a #3 seed then aren't you saying they are at least more deserving than 16 others you have given at-large bids to? I'd rather see that bid go to a SFA or other mid major who should be rewarded for playing above average baseball and not reward mediocrity by giving a bid to a team that underachieved and finished at the bottom half of their conference. Personally, I don't care what your RPI is, if you can't at least finish in the top half of your conference then you don't deserve to dance. Baylor has had some ugly losses. For crying out loud, they're 4-4 against the SLC!!
5/9/2011 11:56:35 AM
Topic:
What stood out to you the most this week?

tater head
tater head
SFA getting swept at home by SHSU. Expected them to fall back to earth a little but not all in one weekend. Should seal the deal for Texas State.
pages: 1 2