Not a member yet?
Subscribe Now!

Perfect Game Forum

CDinSV - all messages by user

2/17/2011 12:49:52 AM
Topic:
Weekend series predictions: Who ya have?

CDinSV
CDinSV
Ricky Bassman wrote:
My Predictions are:
Rice, LSU, GA Tech, Oregon/Hawaii split, ASU takes 3 of 4, South Carolina, Texas, Florida, UCLA, TCU, NC State, Baylor, Tulane, FIU and Miami. And to just throw one on top ill take Cal State Bakersfield taking 2 of 3 against Washington State.

I'll take your CSUB over WSU and raise you one, saying they will sweep the series.
edited by CDinSV on 2/17/2011
2/24/2011 10:20:16 PM
Topic:
Pac-10 non conference week 2 Predictions

CDinSV
CDinSV
UCLA should sweep the Spartans
I believe in the Cardinal, I think they win games 2 & 3.
ASU not going to have any troubles with Delaware.
Cal is in for a rough weekend. Might win 1?
Rice should sweep USC. I don't think that USC is back to their usual self yet.
Oregon I'm guessing is going to have a 2-1 weekend.
LBSU V. AZ is going to be a good series, I'm still going with the desert on this one a very close 2-1 series.
Oregon State should go 2-1 as long as they don't take Indiana too lightly.
WSU will take 2 of 3.
UW's inexperience is going to bite them in the butt again this weekend, they might only get 2 in in Bakersfield this weekend, so I'm going to go with CSUB winning both.
2/25/2011 12:06:34 AM
Topic:
Week 2 Series Predictions -- Who you got?

CDinSV
CDinSV
Irvinebaseballfan wrote:
USC/Rice is really intriguing. Maybe we can get a glimpse of just how far the Trojans have come. I don't know much about Rice this year though, so I don't know how much of a measuring stick it is.

Rice is where they always are.... Regional good at least.
2/26/2011 2:48:34 AM
Topic:

CDinSV
CDinSV
RoundingThirdStaff wrote:

Cal State Bakersfield v. Washington(3).........Washington Sweeps

Oops
2/26/2011 2:58:51 AM
Topic:

CDinSV
CDinSV
Hammer1000 wrote:

Washington 2-1: Huskies offense is pretty well rounded but there pitching will the story this weekend as they take this series.

Can I ask if you have even looked at the UW stats? Going into the series they were hitting.294 while their horrible pitching staff allowed Missouri State, Nebraska, and Air Force to hit .389. Where is their offense "well rounded"?

The three starters now have an ERA of 9.22 and their 'pen has an ERA of 8.38. Now someone please tell me, how in the hell are they so damn good?
2/27/2011 12:00:36 AM
Topic:
What was Saturday's biggest surprise?

CDinSV
CDinSV
No question about it really, SJSU taking down Bauer is the surprise of the day/week/month (ok, something might happen Sun or Mon that might change that).
2/27/2011 8:57:11 PM
Topic:
Sooner thoughts as their schedule gets tougher....

CDinSV
CDinSV
It looks to me like Coach Galloway has been talking to Coach Stoops and asking for advice on how to schedule cupcakes in the early part of the season. I'm surprised he hasn't made a phone call to Coach Kernen at CSU Bakersfield. The general consensus is that CSU Bakersfield isn't all that good. I personally disagree with that line of thinking, but whom am I other than the only person on the Pac-10 board that predicted that CSU Bakersfield would beat Washington.
3/2/2011 1:57:39 AM
Topic:
Pac-10 non conference week 3 Predictions

CDinSV
CDinSV
Hammer1000 wrote:
#6 UCLA @ Nebraska(3)
Washington 1-2: I thought the Huskies might have a quality season and maybe a surprise birth in the NCAA tournament this year but they have shown that they have yet again, no pitching and their offense is not great.

Would that be because of the horrible ERA that the team has? The one that I pointed out? Seriously Kendall, have you finally looked at the stats? I do have to congratulate the Huskies on dropping their team ERA 1.57 runs tho.
3/2/2011 1:59:43 AM
Topic:

CDinSV
CDinSV
ConnorOSU wrote:
ASU: 4-0

Still no respect for the 6-2 Roadrunners.... That is fine, no issues. Maybe eventually you will have to admit that they are good.
3/2/2011 2:23:08 AM
Topic:

CDinSV
CDinSV
So, in case you haven't been able to figure it out yet, I'm predicting that CSU Bakersfield will beat ASU in a nail biter. For the entire Coca-Cola Classic, I will say ASU goes 2-2.
For the rest of the PAC...
UCLA - Disapointed in them losing 2 of 3 to SJSU, bounce back this weekend and take 2 of 3.
Stanford - Texas will be mad having to leave paradise, and that might bite them in the butt. Stanford wins 1.
USC - Rebuilding - (V) A term the Trojan faithful will have to get used to. Fullerton in a sweep.
Oregon - With a program record of 2-2 there really isn't that much history between the two programs. But with LBSU still trying to get some traction this year, I'm going to say Quack, Quack, Quack. That is duck speak for a sweep.
U of A - Really? Utah State? Wildcats, if you keep scheduling these cupcakes, you better hope and pry that the Pac-10 schedule will help your RPI, cause playing the schedule you have won't make it.
CAL - The darlings of college baseball, 3-1 in SD.
BY Who & UW...Wake me when the series is over. BY Who sweeps, tho I don't think anyone will really care.
Beavers & Hartford... Another PAC NW series that will have people sleeping. Sweep for the Beavs.
Wazzu... A real team in the state of Washington. Not sure about the OSU game, but the rest will be cake walks. I'll go for it, Cougs sweep and win the Dairy Queen Classic.
3/10/2011 12:03:58 AM
Topic:
Weekend Series Predictions: Who do you have?

CDinSV
CDinSV
South Carolina wins 2 (I may be a homer, but I'm not stupid)
Clemson wins the series 2-1
ASU didn't show me much last weekend...Auburn 2-1
LSU Vs. Fullerton... it really doesn't matter who wins it should be a great series and ESPN or the family of Networks should be broadcasting it!
A&M will kill Florida Int'l streak, AM 2-1
Pepperdine 3-0
Fresno may have cold weather, but nothing like Lincoln cold...Nebraska wins 2-1
Tulane 2-1
FSU as long as they take care of business should sweep.
Miami....Let the winds blow, 2-1
UCONN & USD...neither team has shown much this year, but if Tuesday's game is any indication on what is going to happen this weekend.. look out, Rich Hill might need someone keeping him away from anything sharp. UCONN in a sweep (I kinda hope I'm wrong on this one!)
Arkansas Vs. Aztecs....Let me say this, I don't remember a time in my life that SDSU has been good in two sports at the same time, until this year. Aztec Baseball shows that three sports at one school can be real fun! 3-1 Aztecs.
Florida.... Sweep
I'm going with a Texas school... lol .... the one from San Marcos 2-1
Staying in Texas, Baylor 2-1
3/14/2011 3:13:09 AM
Topic:
Texas State vs. Houston 3/12 45 hits and 32 runs!!

CDinSV
CDinSV
TxSt Bobcat wrote:
This game was epic! Texas State sure has a lot of fight. 45 hits in the game, 32 runs scored. TxSt down 15-4 in bottom of the 8th goes on to score 8 in the b8 and 5 in b9 with a 3R big fly by Kalenkosky, his second bomb of the game. Absolute craziness today in San Marcos. Check out this line score. Pitching anyone???

GO CATS!

2011 Texas State Baseball
Houston at Texas State
Mar 12, 2011 at San Marcos, Texas (Bobcat Ballpark)

Score by Innings                    R  H  E
-------------------------------------------
Houston............. 100 060 710 - 15 21 2
Texas State......... 103 000 085 - 17 24 1
-------------------------------------------

edited by TxSt Bobcat on 3/12/2011

What is this subject that you are talking about? Pitching? I believe that should be filed next to the Lockness Monster file. lol
3/16/2011 1:34:26 AM
Topic:
Who would take Kendall's job...

CDinSV
CDinSV
Neutral Arbiter wrote:
I have the impartial part down, but I am not a big enough fan of the game to do his job. BTW, I umpire!

How many of you want my job?

I'll take it if your offering.
3/29/2011 2:49:57 AM
Topic:
Cal dropping bsb, UCSD going D-1

CDinSV
CDinSV
OpihiMan wrote:
GoDores2005 wrote:
Dodger Matt wrote:

Would UCSD go the independent route initially like CS Bakersfield?

No, they have to be sponsored by a conference to move up. Their plans to move up are contingent on the Big West's sponsorship.

Gunna be interesting in 2012 when the Big West also receives Hawaii...I wonder how big the are planning to expand?

I would really like to see CSUB be the 12th team to make it an even number for the BWC. The 'Runners have been competing with the current 9 schools over the last two seasons (with the exception of LBSU & CSF) and have just as good of a record (15-25) as LBSU (18-30) during the two seasons that the program has been in existence.
3/29/2011 2:54:17 AM
Topic:
ESPNU - College Softball...

CDinSV
CDinSV
ACC Fan wrote:
I just saw an ad about a college softball double header this Friday on ESPNU...

Is college softball really more viewed than college baseball?!?!?!!?!?! It is absolutely insane to me that this is possible...How the F%&K does college softball get so much coverage?

Can someone point out to me what I'm missing here?

To be honest, I think it is a time thing more than anything else. Softball is usually done in 90 min. Baseball usually lasts about double that. Personally, I like that it can be anywhere from 90 min for a pitchers duel to 4 hrs, but from a programmers pov, it is better to get in-and get out within 2 hrs.
4/3/2011 6:43:40 PM
Topic:
Pac-10: Week 7 predictions

CDinSV
CDinSV
Dodger Matt wrote:
Here are the scores for week 7:
  • 21 CaughtBySparky
  • 21 DevilBallDynasty
  • 20 cas77
  • 20 Dodger Matt
  • 18 2Bulldogs
  • 18 Beaver1Bob
  • 18 NewCard46
  • 18 rec1347
  • 18 WildCard2
  • 15 Florida Beaver
  • 14 ASU74
Voters did best on the UCLA and Stanford picks, with 7 of 10 in each series getting the max. Next was Oregon State (5 of 10) and Cal over USC (4 of 10). The hardest series to predict was ASU sweeping Oregon; only 1 of 10 got that right.

I know I'll be behind the eight ball so to speak, but can I get in on this next week?
4/3/2011 7:23:12 PM
Topic:
26-4, 3 sweeps in a row in the ACC for UNC

CDinSV
CDinSV
Now that UNC has the ACC figured out, if they could only take care of those pesky md-week games they would be the hottest team on the Planet right now...
4/7/2011 5:13:31 PM
Topic:
**Weekend series predictions: Who you got?** (4/7)

CDinSV
CDinSV
Kendall wrote:
Here are the 15 series to choose from this week with my pick next to them:

8 Fresno State at San Jose State -- FRESNO STATE
21 UCLA at Washington State -- WASHINGTON STATE
15 California at 21 Arizona -- ARIZONA

Now, folks, make your picks!

WOW Kendall really???? I'll give you (as much as it pains me to say it) Fresneck State, But you actually think Wazzu is going to take down UCLA?

21 UCLA at Washington State -- UCLA, their bats are going to get healthy this weekend.
15 California at 21 Arizona -- Give me the Bears.
4/8/2011 11:31:56 AM
Topic:
Pac-10: Week 8 predictions

CDinSV
CDinSV
Nice preview!

ASU - 2-1
CAL 2-1
UCLA 2-1
STAN 3-0
ORE 2-1
4/11/2011 3:08:52 AM
Topic:
Look for this team to win the NCAA Baseball Champi

CDinSV
CDinSV
Ron wrote:
It's never easy to pick the winner, but while the ACC and SEC gets all the publicity, there is one team on the west coast that is quietly putting things together. They have the history and face enough Pac 10 competition to make it to the CWS and do damage.

That team is STANFORD.

Under the radar and here they come.

Certainly Virginia, Florida, Texas and others are dangerous, and even ASU if they get an invite, which they should NOT.
Also TCU if the pitchers live up to the high standards, and UCLA, if the hitters get hot would be tough outs if they right their ships. It's a well balanced season, but I don't feat Vandy and some others.

Let's see how Stanford does.

Are you kidding me? With nearly, I repeat nearly all the major media outlets focusing their attention to the ACC & SEC one might think those are the only 2 conferences that play baseball. Obviously we know better and there are several teams that are flying under the radar out here on the Left Coast. Stanford is just one of what I count of 3 on the WC that not many people are paying attention to. The other two? Fresno State (as much as it pains me to say that) and CSU Bakersfield. I would like to give Stitch (Eric Sorensen of ESPN & Easton Blogs) props for seeing both of the mid-majors in action.
pages: 1 2