Subscribe Now!

Perfect Game Forum

Florida Beaver - all messages by user

3/8/2011 10:04:24 PM
Topic:
MIDWEEK BREAKDOWN: Oregon State building up

Florida Beaver
Florida Beaver
Matt Boyd has looked sharp in his last 2 outings as the closer. The bats look good (as compared to last year) and the D has been surprisingly efficient. I know it's early in the season, but I am excited by this team. Good win tonight Beavs.
3/9/2011 1:16:31 AM
Topic:
MIDWEEK BREAKDOWN: Oregon State building up

Florida Beaver
Florida Beaver
I just may yet have to do that BB
edited by Florida Beaver on 3/9/2011
edited by Florida Beaver on 3/9/2011
3/15/2011 1:30:21 PM
Topic:
Week 5 Pac 10 non-conference predictions

Florida Beaver
Florida Beaver
  • ASU 2-1
  • AZ 3-0
  • UCLA 1-2 (For all their power players, these guys are not performing well. Hope they come up)
  • Stan 2-1
  • WA 0-3
  • WSU 2-2
  • Cal 2-1
  • Ore 3-1 (I'd amost go 1-3, but I think the ducks may start to play like the team they are slated to be this year)
  • OSU 2-1
  • USC 1-2
3/18/2011 8:37:50 PM
Topic:
Oregon State 4, Long Beach State 0 (Final)

Florida Beaver
Florida Beaver
Sammy is on his game tonight. Susac's HR extends his hitting streak to, what, 11 games?
3/18/2011 9:24:35 PM
Topic:

Florida Beaver
Florida Beaver
Still early. The first 2 weekends of April will be our hardest test (I think). How many pitches Sam throw so far?
edited by Florida Beaver on 3/18/2011
3/18/2011 9:32:22 PM
Topic:

Florida Beaver
Florida Beaver
hope they don't over use him. This is a long stretch here. 8 games in 11 days. (but a perfect game would be awful nice) 14 strike outs. 1 hit. still a 0.00ERA
edited by Florida Beaver on 3/18/2011
3/18/2011 10:14:50 PM
Topic:
Kendall Beavers Gaviglio

Florida Beaver
Florida Beaver
Kendall, what's your take on Oregon State after tonight's game? Gaviglio still has a 0,00 ERA threw 1 hit and no walks with 14 SO tonight. I believe Oregon State is a real jewel this year, in spite of no pre-season kudos to them and a prediction of finishing 7th or 8th in the P10.
3/18/2011 10:15:43 PM
Topic:

Florida Beaver
Florida Beaver
I gotta say, I am impressed. With the whole dam team.
edited by Florida Beaver on 3/19/2011
3/19/2011 4:21:54 AM
Topic:
Kendall Beavers Gaviglio

Florida Beaver
Florida Beaver
Looking up a few things on Boyds. The only other player beside Sammy that has a 0.00 ERA is Cody Fick with Evanville. Having an ERA of zero is awesome, but even more so is that Gaviglio has thrown nearly 3 times the number of innings as Fick, has thown fewer hits and 4 times the number of strikeouts. Gaviglio, right now you the man . We all know though that Sammy couldn't do it without the amazing defense that OSU is putting up. Another game with no errors. Wow. Way to go Beavs.
edited by Florida Beaver on 3/19/2011
3/19/2011 1:57:26 PM
Topic:
Kendall Beavers Gaviglio

Florida Beaver
Florida Beaver
I was going to respond to the quacker poster, but I'm taking the high road and letting our record and stats FOR THIS YEAR speak for themselves.
3/19/2011 11:24:05 PM
Topic:
Oregon State 1, Long Beach State 2 (F) OSU 2-1

Florida Beaver
Florida Beaver
Dam it
3/20/2011 12:01:36 AM
Topic:
Oregon State 1, Long Beach State 2 (F) OSU 2-1

Florida Beaver
Florida Beaver
But we DID take the series, an away series at that.
3/20/2011 7:39:02 PM
Topic:

Florida Beaver
Florida Beaver
Hammer1000 wrote:
Sorry about last week for not posting this. I had a few mid terms in school and was incredibly busy so this week I'm starting this early!

#8 Arizona State v. Oral Roberts(3)
#13 Arizona v. San Francisco(3)
#16 UCLA @ Cal Poly(3)
#18 Stanford v. Michigan(3)
Washington @ #20 Cal State Fullerton(3)
Washington State @ #25 Fresno State(4)
#27 California v. Ohio State(3)
#28 Oregon @ San Diego(4)
#30 Oregon State @ Long Beach State(3)
Southern Cal v. Pacific(3)

#8 Arizona State 2-1: ASU plays a 2 game series against Oklahoma during the week so I think they made be a little gassed from those games and won't be able to complete the sweep against Oral Roberts.

#13 Arizona 3-0: Arizona is on fire so far this year but it has been against mediocre competition so I think there streak continus against mediocre competition.

#16 UCLA 2-1: UCLA has struggled this year but I still feel they will win the series against Cal Poly.

#18 Stanford 2-1: Home series against a quality big ten opponent will be tough and if they had mooneyham, they would have the sweep.

Washington 0-3: Huskies are having a terrible start and it should get worse when they visit Cal State Fullerton.

Washington State 3-1: Toughest matchup yet for the Cougs but I think they show they can play with the Bulldogs and win this series when Chad Arnold returns.

#27 California 2-1: Cal is red hot but they'll trip up on one game against Nick Swisher's alma mater.

#28 Oregon 1-3: The Ducks are the biggest disappointment so far this season and San Diego is a tough team that will take the series at home.

#30 Oregon state 2-1: The Beavers are off to a great start and it will continue.

Southern Cal 2-1: Home series for the Trojans equals a win.

Hammer, Will you post the standings even tough a few series were canceled?
3/21/2011 1:31:26 PM
Topic:

Florida Beaver
Florida Beaver
Hammer1000 wrote:
Yeah i'll add standings, power rankings and predictions for this upcoming weekend by wednesday afternoon.

Isn't it a little early to be posting power renkings? This is the 1st week of P10 predictions. (Or are you talking about the teams and not the guessers?)
3/21/2011 1:36:32 PM
Topic:
PG TOP 25: Jackets, others make moves (3/21)

Florida Beaver
Florida Beaver
Kendall, I'm unclear about all the polls still ranking an 8-6 UCLA and a 6-5 Stanford. Yes I know their games have been getting rained out, but their play and strength still has to be determined, where as other teams are proving it. (Especially when both teams have lost 5 and 6 games) What is the reaoning behind this? Are we still using preseason hyperbole to put them this high?
3/22/2011 1:52:48 PM
Topic:
Oregon- San diego

Florida Beaver
Florida Beaver
I'm not real sold on the Ducks yet this year. Not from a "I'm a beavs fan so I hate the ducks" thing but more of a "I haven't seen a whole lot of good consistent, complete game" ball playing. (Kinda reminds me of the Beavers play last year) The Duck team that the pre-season hype had playing should really be taking down a St, Marys and SDSU by more than 2 or 3 runs. Except for 1 LBSU and 1 BYU game, all your games have been relatively close. After your play last year, I expected more things from Oregon this year. Maybe you'll come up, but it better happen fast. The start of conference play and ASU is 1.5 weeks away.
edited by Florida Beaver on 3/22/2011
3/23/2011 3:06:54 PM
Topic:
Oregon- San diego

Florida Beaver
Florida Beaver
Yeah, I think, with what they have, the ducks should do good. But it will need to jell soon or it could be a rough year. Playing Wichita this weekend will be a big test for your team, even bigger than LBSU. The Shockers at 14-6 barely lost a series to a 17-4 Tulane and took 2 from Arizona. So good luck. I was not impressed yesterday with our club, For most of this year, so far, the number of errors has been very low (mostly no errors in the games). Just goes to show that mistakes, or errors in this case, can cost you the game if the other side takes advantage of them, which Seattle did. Hopefully tonight will be different. We shall see.
3/24/2011 1:47:19 PM
Topic:
Postseason talk: Where do I stand?

Florida Beaver
Florida Beaver
Come on Kendall! I know Stanford has played a few tough games (Away games) but really?!?! An 8-5 team picked at this point as a host? Before conference play starts? Sorry. Stanford does not have me convinced (as of right now) that they will be in the top 3 in the Pac10 or deserving of a host spot.
3/24/2011 7:32:05 PM
Topic:
Postseason talk: Where do I stand?

Florida Beaver
Florida Beaver
FullertonBaseballFan wrote:
A few tough games? Try nine out of 13 - series at Rice, Vandy and Texas, who are all projected to be regional hosts. And, that's on top of playing in a conference with about a half dozen ranked teams. Somebody out here has to host (hard to believe there will only be two but we'll see) and somebody has to win the Pac 10. Stanford is as good a guess for both of those as anybody out here at this point. OSU is a good team but it's not like they have played a world beater schedule to get to 16-5. Fresno (0-2), Long Beach (2-1 - good RPI, avg record) and ???
edited by FullertonBaseballFan on 3/24/2011

Well, it is just that Stanford has played 3 series. All away, but have lost 2 of the 3. Yes, Vandy and Texas are 2 tough teams. Rice, who is usually a very good team, is above average. But still, Stanford had almost 3 weeks off because of incliment weather. Would this not give a small advatage right now for pitcher's arms and rest from small injuries, but also it is also a disadvantage for the jelling of new meat and veterans on the field of play. I am more inclined to go with the latter. And right now, I give ASU the nod over Stanford. Let's see how they do against LBSU who have played Arizona, Oregon and Oregon State. The advantage there would also go to Stanford as LSBU have played all 3 of these P10 teams at home and this will be a road game for them. Maybe a better picture will emerge after this weekend. No homerism here. I'm not beating OSU's chest here as a top 2 or 3 contender. I'm just not convinced that Stanford is the P10 stand out this year. (I actually think Oregon is a better overall team)
3/26/2011 2:04:05 AM
Topic:
What was Friday's big surprise?

Florida Beaver
Florida Beaver
Definitely UFC over Rice. Kinda requires a toughness adjustment. If UFC can take the series, the Stanford's win over them isn't quite so good.
pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53