Subscribe Now!

Perfect Game Forum

borgguy - all messages by user

6/4/2012 10:10:46 AM
Topic:
Beavers in Baton Rouge

borgguy
borgguy
I would like to apologize, as it is my fault that the beavers lost. As you know baseball players are a superstitious bunch, I watched the first inning then had to leave to play a softball game, when it was done, we were in the 8th innning and when i got home and turned it on we started the 9th inning and it all went downhill.

somehow i feel if i had just left the game alone and not watched we would have pulled it off.

there is always next year and with a good core of young players we should be able to make another run at a conference title and maybe even to omaha, we have good young pitchers, conforto is only a freshman, hopefully Keyes can get some of his mojo back after a dissapointing sophmore slump. for the 4th straight year we made to at least the regional finals so we were one of the last 32 teams playing out of a couple hundred so that is nothing to sneeze at.
2/20/2013 3:51:28 PM
Topic:
Week 1 in Pac 12 Baseball

borgguy
borgguy
gotta love the pac 12!
2/20/2013 3:53:23 PM
Topic:
Preseason Predicted Field of 64

borgguy
borgguy
would love to have both the ducks and beavs in Omaha! of course knowing the NCAA they will likely make them match up in a super regional...
2/22/2013 4:23:49 PM
Topic:
Live Video Links now pinned at the top

borgguy
borgguy
thanks opihi!
2/22/2013 5:23:55 PM
Topic:
An early postgame show

borgguy
borgguy
like that would be hard?
2/26/2013 9:58:20 AM
Topic:
This is not a PAC-12 only chat room

borgguy
borgguy
dont get me wrong, i love reading/talking Pac12 baseball with yall (and notice how its only us pac12ers on this thread) but cmon people, there are other teams and other conferences. if this was football all the SEC folks would be out talking smack, cmon SEC where you at?
3/2/2013 9:13:08 AM
Topic:
Oregon State vs. Bryant

borgguy
borgguy
yeah but when your brother in law is the president of the freaking United States, youre not exactly an easy fire. and Robinson has at least gotten a few winning seasons out of his teams, which is more than can be said for any coach since Payne.... but yes this season has been an extreme dissapointment

BeaverBob wrote:
Yep, that was him. I'm sure the basketball season won't end quick enough for him. I hope we don't have to put up with Michelle Obama's brother for another four years. The guy is a horrible bench coach.

Dodger Matt wrote:
Bryant looking pretty good.

I think I just Mike Parker in the seats behind the plate.
3/2/2013 1:22:11 PM
Topic:
Oregon State vs. Bryant

borgguy
borgguy
a sign of a good team is one that even when they are having an off night hang in there and find a way to get it done. at the end of the day it is a notch in the W column. I will take an ugly win over a pretty loss any day of the week and twice on sunday (or should i say saturday since we have a doubleheader today?)
Bryant is consistently a 30+ win team, I dont care which conference you play in if you win 30+ games year in and out you are doing something right.
SouthernBeaver wrote:
Good to have this game out of our system. We played in a close game where the other team had every break but one. Their pitcher was great (they used their ace Friday, right?) while ours had an off night and was decent instead of great-- but we still hung on and won a close gritty one. Good quality win.
3/2/2013 2:33:19 PM
Topic:
Oregon State vs. Bryant

borgguy
borgguy
lil bit but i think that may be the computer/browser im using
OpihiMan wrote:
Max Gordon, our typical leadoff guy. Is the game laggy for you?

also playing a little sloppy today, maybe the weather?
3/2/2013 2:55:35 PM
Topic:
Oregon State vs. Bryant

borgguy
borgguy
feed SEEMS to have cleared up for me
3/2/2013 3:00:43 PM
Topic:
Oregon State vs. Bryant

borgguy
borgguy
great catch!
3/3/2013 4:39:33 PM
Topic:
Oregon State vs. Bryant

borgguy
borgguy
shaping up to be a good year Big Grin

OpihiMan wrote:
Per my calculations, if the Beavs get out of the 9th and preserve the shutout the team ERA will drop to 0.83 and the Beaver bullpen has a 0.00 ERA in relief!
edited by OpihiMan on 3/3/2013
3/4/2013 8:09:49 AM
Topic:
Nominees for Pac Pitcher/Player of this Week

borgguy
borgguy
cant really argue with either of those.
3/4/2013 8:13:24 AM
Topic:
Oregon State vs. Bryant

borgguy
borgguy
i agree there. they were able to split a 2 game set with defending natl champs Arizona this week so they do know how to win games agains marquee opponents. can not afford to take anyone lightly. that is the beauty of baseball that on any day a team that by rights should be totally overmatched can put it together and surprise you.
Dodger Matt wrote:
Today was at least the second time Jay Reese referred to Texas State as a Southland Conference team, but they are in the WAC this year. Yes, they were a Southland power, but so far this year, they are 4-7 and right in the middle of the middling WAC conference standings. Watch how the Bobcats do against the WAC's top-ranked 9-3 UTSA Tuesday before claiming they are a legitimate threat to OSU unbeaten record. Yes, it could happen. But I think we get past UP Tuesday, and handle Texas State next weekend.

In my mind, the biggest threat to matching the 18-0 record would be those two games against San Francisco March 12 and 13.
3/5/2013 8:12:13 AM
Topic:
New Beaver Logo

borgguy
borgguy
i think the focus group must have been a bunch of duck fans who were all like *snicker* yeah that looks AWESOME!!! go for it *snicker, stupid bark rats hahaha*

ive only seen like 5 people who actually like the new logo
3/9/2013 11:09:08 AM
Topic:
Ducks

borgguy
borgguy
Fret not RD, the advantage to tough non con schedule is it gets you ready for conference play. Vandy is tough to play no matter where. once we get to the meat of conference play, i think yall will come together and string a few quality series wins. I still think that when it is all said and done, Duckies will host a regional.

this is why i am a little worried about the beavs, yeah we are 13-0 which is awesome but with the teams we have faced we SHOULD be 13-0 Texas St and Bryant arent UCLA and Stanford.... that is the beauty of baseball you never know what will happen.
3/9/2013 3:37:15 PM
Topic:
Beavers vs Bobcats

borgguy
borgguy
i had been wondering if we were going to do the picks again this year, i figured we hadnt done it yet because with some teams in tourneys and others doing 3 game sets, be hard to juggle different scoring types. but hey DM if you dont feel like doing it this year, I think i could probably do it ( I keep a daily tally of that weeks scores anyway)

hope the bats warm up soon for todays game, Andrew is pitching well, and I would hate to see a good effort like that wasted
3/9/2013 3:47:30 PM
Topic:
Beavers vs Bobcats

borgguy
borgguy
borgguy wrote:
i had been wondering if we were going to do the picks again this year, i figured we hadnt done it yet because with some teams in tourneys and others doing 3 game sets, be hard to juggle different scoring types. but hey DM if you dont feel like doing it this year, I think i could probably do it ( I keep a daily tally of that weeks scores anyway)

hope the bats warm up soon for todays game, Andrew is pitching well, and I would hate to see a good effort like that wasted

soon as i say that they do 3 runs thus far....
3/9/2013 4:05:23 PM
Topic:
Beavers vs Bobcats

borgguy
borgguy
Dodger Matt wrote:
nm

Just to get the topic to a second page (so that picture
I posted stops screwing up the word wrapping)
how many Beaver fans were amazed/pissed about that
double-play getting runners our at home plate?

didnt get a chance to see it so i cant form an opinion....
3/10/2013 11:10:24 AM
Topic:
Beavers vs Bobcats

borgguy
borgguy
i can maybe understand the reser one, but I still fail to see how a new frame every 30 seconds would give a team a competetive advantage.....

also yay second page!
pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31