Perfect Game Forum

borgguy - all messages by user

5/28/2012 10:54:35 AM
Topic:
Beavers in Baton Rouge

borgguy
borgguy
BeaverQuist wrote:
I don't like that we get shipped every year we don't host to somewhere East, but oh well, what can you do?

We got dealt a tough 1 seed in LSU, but we should be able to take care of business against Belmont or ULM (if neccesary).

I wonder who we'll throw in the first game. Probably Wetzler and then throw Fry against the LSU/ULM winner/loser.

Looking forward to this upcoming weekend already!

honestly i would hold wetzler for LSU use Fry against Belmont
5/28/2012 11:00:40 AM
Topic:
2012 NCAA College Baseball Tournament Selection

borgguy
borgguy
my biggest beef is that none of the beaver games are going to be on ESPNU/3 so i will have to watch on Gametracker...
5/28/2012 2:54:43 PM
Topic:
Beavers in Baton Rouge

borgguy
borgguy
Thanks Matt i always enjoy the number crunching you do, one of many reasons i enjoy this site. i do have a question that you may be able to answer, i understand that the RPI and ISR are totally different, and that the RPI aint worth a darn, but what i dont know is what the formulas are for each one and how they arrive at their numbers?
5/28/2012 4:05:56 PM
Topic:
Road to Omaha set (The full bracket)

borgguy
borgguy
kendall: what do you think Oregon State's chances are for making it out of Baton Rouge?
5/29/2012 11:07:22 AM
Topic:
Pac-12 Regional Predictions

borgguy
borgguy
as usually tends to happen this time of year, being the most familiar with the pac 12 teams, i tend to over value them a little bit, this year it might not be the case as all except OSU are 1 seed hosts which would IMPLY easy road to the next round, however as we all know that is not always the case (see UCLA last year)

Ariz 3-0 the Cats have been at times inconsistent, but being the conf co-champs and the fact that the #2 seed in thier regional is 20 spots behind in RPI and even further in ISR Zona should have a relatively easy weekend

Ore 3+ I think that the duckies will advance but will lose 1 to Fullerton ( i just dont know which one), who is always a good team and will be motivated to show up for their old coach. Yes they are limping into the post season following the sweep at the hands of the beavs, but that should serve as motivation to prove they deserve their natl ranking (plus they have the standard set by the softball team to live up to as well)

OSU 3+ even as a beaver fan this is the hardest regional to predict, first off which beaver team shows up? the one that swept Ore, and took 2 of 3 from UCLA and Stanford? or the one that lost to USC, and struggled to put away Utah? They have the pitching to match up well against LSU and the bats have been decent as of late, if they can get a good game from Fry on saturday against most likely LSU then i think they win the regional, and pray for an upset in miami so to host a super. This one is going to be interesting.

Stan 3-0 with such a large gap between the cardinal and the rest of the field in RPI and ISR this SHOULD be pretty easy for stanford, but with the struggles down the stretch especially after Cal, do they have enough to get through? I think so

UCLA 3+ Ahh UCLA... frequently get to host, and frequently doesnt make it out alive, this year, UCLA avoids the "regional of death" that has plagued them in recent years, San Diego is a very good club and I think will take one from the bruins, but UCLA puts the past firmly where it belongs and advances to the super regional round

all and all will be a good weekend for the Conference of Champions, all 4 host teams will advance, and with a little luck the Beavs will as well, nothing would please me more than to see all 5 teams hosting a super (wont happen) and make Omaha (also probably wont happen) and best of all a Civil War for the Title (almost certainly wont happen, but hey a guy can dream)
5/29/2012 11:24:02 AM
Topic:
CIVIL WAR CENTRAL

borgguy
borgguy
i second SB i have several friends who are on the "dark side" of the civil war but they are not bandwagon fans, and i can respect that, RD I always enjoy seeing your stabs at the beavs, and that you are willing to stand up for your team, even when you are frequently alone, that makes this thread so enjoyable. good luck in your regional as i posted in the prediction thread, i think you guys advance and will be rooting for you to make it to CWS, just as I am rooting for ALL pac-12 teams to make it to the CWS and have 5 of the 8 spots all but assuring another national title for the Conference of Champions. and as i have stated several times would love nothing more than a CW for the national title, where whoever wins gets to hold that up over the other team for a looooooong time.
5/29/2012 8:46:48 PM
Topic:
College Baseball Regionals Video Schedule

borgguy
borgguy
odd... i am on the espn 3 website http://espn.go.com/watchespn/index?source=espn3#type/upcoming/sport/baseball/startDate/20120601/ and there is no mention of the baton rouge regional....
5/29/2012 9:26:46 PM
Topic:
Lamest Announcers..

borgguy
borgguy
i love parker, he is a bit of a homer, but with enough knowledge of the game that will call it pretty down the middle, but that is why i listen to the beaver broadcasts, you want YOUR play by play guy to be a bit of a homer... i will admit that after 'the play' on saturday the first thing i thought after "holy crap that was awesome!" was I cant wait to get in to the car and listen to the postgame to hear Parkers call, I bet he went absolutely nuts!"

i do like Allen as well. i mean i havent heard TOO much of him, but what i have seems pretty darn good, another guy very knowledgable about the games he broadcasts
5/30/2012 12:35:20 PM
Topic:
micheal conforto pac 12 freshman of the year

borgguy
borgguy
hard to believe he is only a freshman! good job Conforto!
5/30/2012 12:36:39 PM
Topic:

borgguy
borgguy
great to hear that comcast will broadcast the beavs, but i am surprised they arent carrying the ducks since they carry just about every other duck game during the reg season.
5/30/2012 12:39:15 PM
Topic:
Beavers in Baton Rouge

borgguy
borgguy
Florida Beaver wrote:
Either or DM However, whatever your preference is. With all the work you do on here for us P12 fans, I think we have the best threads running on PG

Amen, i had noticed earlier that ALL the posts on the front page were either from Kendall, or one of us Pac 12ers Big Grin whichever is more convinient for you DM we do not mind a bit
5/30/2012 12:41:34 PM
Topic:

borgguy
borgguy
this thread is falling and we only have a few predictions, figure i will try and bump it up a bit
5/30/2012 12:52:51 PM
Topic:
All Pac team announced

borgguy
borgguy
I am Shocked that Horton didnt win coach of the year... they were picked too finish near the bottom of the league, and darn near won the whole thing, got a national seed *sigh*
5/30/2012 3:40:35 PM
Topic:

borgguy
borgguy
espn3 does NOT have Eugene as one of the regionals they will be broadcasting
5/30/2012 4:26:34 PM
Topic:

borgguy
borgguy
I agree, i do not think that our total body of work (loss against USC and zona, swept by ASU) and struggles against Utah and WSU is strong enough to warrant a regional host...

i think sweeps of both Utah and WSU while not really great RPI wise would have been enough to make the committe consider the beavs as host, as they would also be pac12 co champs... but since that didnt happen, i agree with being a #2 seed, just wish we were somewhere other than LSU
edited by borgguy on 5/30/2012
5/31/2012 9:13:45 AM
Topic:
Regional strategy

borgguy
borgguy
pretty sure that is how we approached our regional last year, against Arkansas Pine Bluff. unless you have a real difficult #4 seed which doesnt happen often (see Fresno State 2008), that is what i would do. you are playing a vastly inferior team, why burn your ace when you have a harder team, especially one that is getting hot (like the beavs) most likely waiting for you on saturday.

Also matchups play a part, I was listening to the Joe Beaver show on 1240am yesterday and John Warren was talking about how Casey was considering holding Wetzler for saturday because LSU is a R heavy lineup and he is a Lefty, so the matchup might be better. not sure what the beavs will do, but after further consideration, i would throw wetzler friday, Frye on saturday, this allows wetzler the rest for a critical game 5 if needed.

in short, as the #1 seed more times than not hold your ace for saturday
5/31/2012 4:39:03 PM
Topic:

borgguy
borgguy
decided to take a look at the full bracket, and if all 5 pac12 teams advance to Omaha one whole side of the CWS bracket would be pac 12 the first round would have UCLA v OSU and Zona v Stan with the Duckies all by themselves on the other side. it would gaurantee a pac 12 a spot in the championship game. just something to think about
6/1/2012 12:23:27 AM
Topic:
OSU vs Belmont - Streaming?

borgguy
borgguy
riverduck seemed to think that all the games were being streamed through ncaa.com but idk how or where that would be, i know you can run gametracker for all the games through there, but not sure about streaming
6/1/2012 2:17:42 AM
Topic:
Beavers in Baton Rouge

borgguy
borgguy
Dodger Matt wrote:
My read of this interview with Pat Casey is that Jace Fry will throw against Belmont and Wetzler Saturday.

i hope he sees something he likes there...
6/1/2012 2:18:53 AM
Topic:
OSU vs Belmont - Streaming?

borgguy
borgguy
dont you have to pay for that though?
pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31