Not a member yet?
Subscribe Now!

Perfect Game Forum

borgguy - all messages by user

6/16/2013 12:07:03 AM
Topic:
Oregon State vs Mississippi State (Sat 6/15 12pm)

borgguy
borgguy
The one thing that plays in our favor is the expanded schedule whith each side of the bracket alternating days. It gives teams an extra day to rest. Dont think it was like that in 06 everyone played on the same days and to go through the losers bracket meant you were playing every night. It could lull the winner into some false security and give a chance for rust to take over because yiu have a four day break from the evening game Monday to the final on Friday.
6/16/2013 12:22:44 AM
Topic:
Oregon State Pitching Rotation

borgguy
borgguy
Flipping the brackets didn't help. We were supposed to play Sunday but with UNC not finishing till Tuesday it messed everything up. Casey said that he wanted to go with Boyd for this game when it was going to be tomorrow. I think if Ben can go deep into mondays game and with enough cushion you don't feel like you need to bring Boyd in for relief then he can go Wednesday Moore Friday then Wetzler again on 5 days rest or pitch by committee on saturday. and honestly I think casey has lost almost all faith in his pen
6/16/2013 12:29:38 AM
Topic:
Oregon State Pitching Rotation

borgguy
borgguy
Three quick upvotes for RD
6/16/2013 1:06:10 PM
Topic:
Oregon State vs Mississippi State (Sat 6/15 12pm)

borgguy
borgguy
yeah Guess you are right. for some reason I thought it was more condensed back then.
6/17/2013 9:33:21 AM
Topic:
Beaver Tiger Cardinals and Tarheel fans

borgguy
borgguy
obviously you all want YOUR team to win its Elimination Game today or tomorow. the question is though, who do you want to LOSE in the winners bracket and have your team face in their next elimination game? Is it the team who beat you once already, or do you feel like you would match up better with the other team with your season on the line?

personally I would like to face Indiana on wednesday because then we wont have to face their Ace, who I think could shut us down.
6/17/2013 11:01:36 AM
Topic:
Beaver Tiger Cardinals and Tarheel fans

borgguy
borgguy
I can get behind that of course it is all moot if we do not take care of Louisville this afternoon. But this team has done a good job of responding all year and I think they will come through and avoid the 2 and que
6/17/2013 11:03:48 AM
Topic:
Report on Miss State/Oregon St. (CWS GM1)

borgguy
borgguy
Florida Beaver wrote:
Riverduck wrote:
Yeah, as a hard core duck fan.. I resent the fact you called Conforto a freshman. He has one more year and good riddance.. lol

He's a softmore and two years to go if he so desires. I can't see, with his skill set, that staying for that degree will hurt him at all. May even increase his value if her continues to improve.

I think it all depends, if he has another monster year and continues to improve there is a good chance he will be a first rounder next year, and it is hard to say no when you are a first rounder have a lot of money dangled in your face. I hope he stays for his senior year, but it is hard to not say take the $
6/17/2013 12:44:45 PM
Topic:
LSU v. UNC

borgguy
borgguy
not going to lie, was not expecting this to be an elimination game after day 1. should be a good one. I have no real dog in the fight, but North Carolina has lost a game in every round so far, and come back to win, I think they will find a way to get it done, but LSU will put up one hell of a fight
6/17/2013 4:00:07 PM
Topic:
Oregon State vs. Louisville (6/17 - 12pm)

borgguy
borgguy
bad break for Louisville that inning should have been over long ago. good on the beavs for taking advantage of the opportunity
6/17/2013 4:01:31 PM
Topic:

borgguy
borgguy
Dodger Matt wrote:
Okay, at 10-0, this is officially a blowout. Beaver Nation: Do you pull Wetzler and let that much maligned and intimidated bullpen build some confidence, assuming we might need a fresh Benny later on? Or let him nail the coffin lid shut?

hes only at 56 pitches, Id let him go through the 5th at least, then maybe bring in the pen....
6/17/2013 4:49:27 PM
Topic:

borgguy
borgguy
I guess Coach thinks that the pen is more likely to give up 9 runs before they get 9 outs
6/17/2013 5:27:45 PM
Topic:

borgguy
borgguy
BeaverBob wrote:
Has Mike Parker been off his game lately or is it just me. He just said the Conforto double puts the Beavers up 11 to 1. The score is actually 11-4.
There were several instances today where his voice inflection led me to believe the play had a different outcome and then his comments did not seem to match his inflection.

mike admitted early that he was a little off, not getting days right, he is out of his routine, should hopefully have it together enough so we can eventually hear our favorite phrase... "And the Beavers are the National Championnnnnssss!!!"
6/17/2013 5:42:11 PM
Topic:

borgguy
borgguy
that last inning got a little interesting for my taste, but got the win, didnt have to use Boyd so he should be good to go wednesday....
6/17/2013 5:57:01 PM
Topic:

borgguy
borgguy
yeah MSU on wednesday would probably be the easier one, but I am worried then about Denato after his masterful performance against Louisville
6/17/2013 6:10:29 PM
Topic:
Barbeque time

borgguy
borgguy
Louisville is the first to line of the BBQ. beavs play on who will join the Cards for some tasty burgers? will it be the Heels? or the Tigers?
6/17/2013 8:23:46 PM
Topic:
Indy vs. Miss State

borgguy
borgguy
Indiana looks to be cruising right now, they are going to be tough to beat twice.....
6/17/2013 9:23:01 PM
Topic:

borgguy
borgguy
so I heard Mike Parker today mention something about Mitch Canham having recorded a new version of "Ostate Ballaz" but I cant seem to find it anywhere, anyone have any ideas?
6/17/2013 10:34:35 PM
Topic:
Indy vs. Miss State

borgguy
borgguy
welp looks like we get the hoosiers on wednesday.... honestly I like that because this team has said it is hard for anyone to beat them twice, well we already let MSU have their one and now we wont have to face Indiana's ace....
6/18/2013 9:22:34 AM
Topic:
Barbeque time

borgguy
borgguy
Riverduck wrote:
Read a nice article on Pat Casey's son last night on oregonlive.. plus I so your catcher the other day make a very nice sliding foul ball catch. At this point they are looking very very strong. But I guess we have seen this all year. UCLA and Beavers title game is looking like a long shot, but still possible.

yeah I still think that the winner of todays UNC LSU game still has to be the favorite to win that bracket, but UCLA will be tough to beat should they win tonight because then Plutko (or however you spell his name) will be well rested if they pitch him game 1 and even more rested if they wait till game 2 if needed of the bracket final.

also i figured out why in 06 it seemed more condensed. the lower side of the bracket IS more condensed at the end than the upper side. we play Wed then Fri then Sat if we keep winning. The lower side has to play Thursday Friday Saturday. so maybe it is a good thing that the brackets got flipped after all
6/18/2013 5:53:58 PM
Topic:
LSU v. UNC

borgguy
borgguy
BeaverQuist wrote:
Sorry Hedegoba and Blake. Was hoping to see LSU win this game. Congrats on a great season still, even though I know you're both disappointed.

Indeed i agree sorry you guys are gone
pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30