Subscribe Now!

Perfect Game Forum

borgguy - all messages by user

6/11/2013 5:05:47 PM
Topic:
UNC vs OSU

borgguy
borgguy
I think RD was looking forward to (another) OSU UNC national title matchup... then had the idea that UNC and NCState would also be a good one. to which I pointed out the impossibility of such a matchup...
6/11/2013 6:37:22 PM
Topic:
LSU GOING TO OMAHA

borgguy
borgguy
LSU_Blake wrote:
Thanks everybody. Great class on this board. Hoping you guys can come back and win two because I would love to play OSU for the title up there.

got your work cut out for you though, UCLA and UNC are no slouches. still think the beavs got the easier side of the draw
6/12/2013 11:13:08 AM
Topic:
So who is going to Omaha?

borgguy
borgguy
cant afford it i would love to be able to go and some day maybe I will
6/12/2013 11:37:26 AM
Topic:
Super Regional Predictions (RECONSTRUCTED)

borgguy
borgguy
I think the only one i got right was UNC 2-1 beyond that I was 0-fer
6/12/2013 1:46:07 PM
Topic:
CWS history...repeats?

borgguy
borgguy
Dodger Matt wrote:
Holes in one.

or hole in ones? since hole in one is the singular term. or is it like RBI vs RBI's because its RunS Batted In not Run Batted InS? (although i still say RBIs)
6/12/2013 4:48:03 PM
Topic:
UNC vs OSU

borgguy
borgguy
yeah, the other side is a murderers row UNC LSU and UCLA any of those 3 could easily emerge (sorry NCState) from that side. while on paper at least the Beavs look to be heads above the rest on their side....

Riverduck wrote:
SouthernBeaver wrote:
In my tournament bracket (all 64 teams, not just CWS), I have UNC beating OSU in the final. I hope OSU proves me wrong, but in a good way! I think UNC vs OSU would be the most fun, just because of past finals, even if OSU lost.

I think the other bracket is going to kill a bunch of good teams. OSU's bracket has a bunch of dark horses that you never know. I would say OSU will win it as long as all three starters pitch through 8 and only give up max 3 runs each.
6/13/2013 11:40:49 AM
Topic:
CWS history...repeats?

borgguy
borgguy
Hedegoba88 wrote:
It's funny ya'll are talking about hole's in one (did I say it right). I played last saturday morning before tailgating for the LSU game and came the closest I have ever come to getting one. My ball was 10 inches from the pin. I was bragging all week to my brother about it. Then I see this couple hit them back to back. Put me back in my place.

Also, sorry to use the term "ya'll" in a thread where such grammar excellence is being discussed.

don't worry about y'all, it is such a lovely term. one that I picked up after visiting the south for a week 16 years ago and still use to this day, it is such a wonderful word! also you are closer to a HI1 than I am, closest Ive been was 2 feet away on a 64 yard hole at my local par3 course
6/13/2013 11:47:51 AM
Topic:
***Perfect Game All-Americans***

borgguy
borgguy
What no Andrew Moore? cue "Rawr no respect for the beavers! blah blah blah RAWR!" lol j/k he is only a freshman and there were a lot of good pitchers out there this year, he will be on this list eventually kind of hard to argue these guys being on this list.
6/13/2013 12:54:54 PM
Topic:
UNC vs OSU

borgguy
borgguy
so did we first time around RD... It is expected of a team making a first run to Omaha, especially if your first opponent is the #1 overall seed
6/13/2013 3:51:57 PM
Topic:
***Perfect Game All-Americans***

borgguy
borgguy
considering BB that Michael was the POY for the conference, thats a hard sell. Dylan has certainly had a very good year, but I think MC was better, especially late
6/14/2013 9:27:32 AM
Topic:
DM....We doing a CWS pisk 'em?

borgguy
borgguy
Osu 3-0
Lou 2-2
Ind 1-2
MSU 0-2

LSU 3-1
UNC 3-2
UCLA 1-2
NCST 0-2

OSU 2-1 just cant bring myself to pick against the beavers
6/15/2013 3:48:17 PM
Topic:
Oregon State vs Mississippi State (Sat 6/15 12pm)

borgguy
borgguy
I thought you couldn't change pitchers mid at bat..
6/15/2013 5:05:10 PM
Topic:

borgguy
borgguy
Dodger Matt wrote:
All right this is an interesting development, started in the super vs. KSU: Matt Boyd is our go-to guy from the bullpen? Going back to his role last year, but he is the most dependable arm in the pen. I am with it. We need to notch the first two wins. But what happens in game three?

With a full day between games if he doesn't pitch for more than maybe two batters on monday then he should be ok
6/15/2013 5:06:18 PM
Topic:

borgguy
borgguy
Ok beavs bottom of 9 down by one top of the order. Time to step it up
6/15/2013 5:27:20 PM
Topic:

borgguy
borgguy
any other park in the country that would be gone Suicide
6/15/2013 6:43:04 PM
Topic:

borgguy
borgguy
YellowlabOSU wrote:
Can anyone explain the bunt attempt in the 9th? With 2 strikes. With Conforto up next who they would instantly walk if the bunt was successful anyways. Seemed like a free out to me.

All I can think of was try to bunt for a hit which Andy has done very well this year. Today though he had issues getting the bunts down
6/15/2013 7:15:17 PM
Topic:

borgguy
borgguy
LSU_Blake wrote:
It was a great game by both teams, but a couple of bounces went states way and that was the difference. I like that the SEC started with a win but I hate Miss St so I hope you guys make it back. I really wanna play you guys assuming we get there ourselves.

As has been the case I think since the husky series on; this team just kind of coasts until they get a wake up call. Did it against UW Oregon WSU they coasted through the regional Kstate woke them up. Then with how they were the prohibitive favorites to win their bracket they just didn't fully come to play today. A day off to regroup and refocus hope Ben can go deep on monday maybe even a CG let Boyd pitch wed then Moore again Friday. We may need a gutsy performance ala Nickerson by someone to get a repeat of 06. But remember 06. That is what coach should be hammering into them all week. Remember 06 remember 06
6/15/2013 9:08:42 PM
Topic:
CWS history...repeats?

borgguy
borgguy
if we have a repeat of anything it is going to need to be a repeat of 2006
6/15/2013 11:56:19 PM
Topic:

borgguy
borgguy
I'm not saying that the odds are great RD. What I am saying is that it has been done before and can be done again. It will require someone stepping up big time And I think that if anyone it would be Boyd. It is a long hard road back through the losers bracket. But the beavs have responded well all year the few times their backs were against the wall.

Besides this way we beaver fans get a few more games to watch.
6/16/2013 12:02:05 AM
Topic:

borgguy
borgguy
The important thing is to go out Monday and take care of business against Louisville then we can worry about things like who to pitch wednesday
pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27