Perfect Game Forum

borgguy - all messages by user

6/2/2013 11:09:51 PM
Topic:
Eugene Regional

borgguy
borgguy
Riverduck wrote:
I can honestly say that is the best I have seen the ducks play in one single day ever...

now just do it again tomorrow. and hope that Florida Atlantic can shock the world again tomorrow as well...
6/3/2013 4:42:31 PM
Topic:
Corvallis Regional

borgguy
borgguy
I think it was a combo this last weekend, all the teams the beavs played were real scrappy and had some gutsy performances, but I also think the beavs kind of went through the motions for most of each game before finally turning it on in the 8th/9th innings. That may fly in regionals, but it wont in supers, and it certainly wont fly in Omaha. hopefully Casey has lit a fire under their ass. looked like they finally figured it out in the 9th last night, scored more runs in that one inning than we had all weekend....
6/3/2013 4:51:21 PM
Topic:
Regionals Day 4

borgguy
borgguy
I would be fine with those upsets, we already know that SC won, they would love nothing more than to host FAU instead of going to UNC. also if UNC and Vandy get knocked out of the field, it would leave the beavs as the highest remaining seed, so would have to be considered (along with LSU) an odds on favorite to win it all.
beavos88 wrote:
FAU to upset UNC
USC wins
Oregon wins
MSU wins
Georgia Tech upsets Vandy

Just think there will be a couple upsets.
6/3/2013 6:21:14 PM
Topic:
Eugene Regional

borgguy
borgguy
probably not, but if they need him, Irvin is a stud and a competitor he would have to be physically restrained

KennyWheatonFTW wrote:
Dodger Matt wrote:
If necessary, Horton will throw every arm he has, even if it's only for an inning. That includes every starter he played this weekend.

he won't throw Irvin who just pitched a complete game yesterday.

I expect Christian Jones to start, pitch a few innings depending on how he does, bring in Jake Reed, Tommy Thorpe for one, and then Cleavinger and Sherfy to hopefully close it out.
6/3/2013 9:42:35 PM
Topic:
Eugene Regional

borgguy
borgguy
better start putting some 0s up on that board defensively Ducks, or this is going to be a LOOOOONNNNG night
6/4/2013 10:45:19 AM
Topic:
Eugene Regional

borgguy
borgguy
Sorry about your Ducks RD it was a good season, and things will only continue to get better, success breeds success, you guys are loaded with a ton of young talent, and won alot of games by sheer luck and strength of will, as those kids get older and better you will start taking 2 of 3 and sweeping the top teams... and will earn that top 8 seed.
6/4/2013 10:51:29 AM
Topic:
Regionals Day 4

borgguy
borgguy
yeah, I think another OSU UNC battle for the title would be cool, but it would be nice to face someone else in the title game (LSU perhaps? get some payback for the beating they put on us last year at The Box)
6/4/2013 2:49:56 PM
Topic:
ISR-Based Probabilities for rest of Tournament

borgguy
borgguy
what i dont understand is how Oregon State can have a higher probability of winning their super regional than Virginia whose super we are matched with for first round of CWS yet Virginia has a higher chance of advancing to the final, or winning it all. do the ISRs think that Virginas that much better at a neutral site, than they are at home? or are we that much worse at a neutral site?
6/6/2013 4:35:45 PM
Topic:
Oregon State vs. Kansas State

borgguy
borgguy
Dodger Matt wrote:

The question is, will Ben Wetzler get a chance to pitch this weekend?

honestly I don't think so, unless Matt or Andrew have a bad day. Those two when they are on their game are damn near unhittable. And I have said several times I will take good pitching over good hitting
6/8/2013 1:06:36 PM
Topic:
Corvallis SR preview

borgguy
borgguy
also looks like the SR prediction thread got lost in the shuffle as well....
6/10/2013 12:07:53 AM
Topic:
Vandy may fall......will be another Tulane in the

borgguy
borgguy
Beavs seem to be taking things pretty seriously now. I feel like they just kind of coasted through the Regional and then game 1 of the Super.... but looks like they have straightened things out, hope that continues tomorrow
6/10/2013 6:08:57 PM
Topic:
Super Regional Predictions (RECONSTRUCTED)

borgguy
borgguy
not going to lie, rooting for USCe as that would IMO make the most likely title game LSU OSU (should the beavs prevail tonight) and I am sure LSU_Blake is with me on this one, in fact it would probably make the Tigers the odds on faves to win it all... but man would that be an epic series to watch. (although being a pac12 guy my most hoped for title series is UCLA OSU because we know we can beat them 2 out of 3 and already have this year)
Dodger Matt wrote:
#1 UNC: Tied 1-1 in supers; plays tomorrow.
#2 Vandy: 0-2 in supers; eliminated.
#3 Oregon State: Tied 1-1 in supers; plays tonight.
#4 LSU: 2-0 in supers; advanced.
#5 Fullerton: 0-2 in supers; eliminated.
#6 Virginia: 0-2 in supers; eliminated.
#7 Florida State: 0-2 in supers; eliminated.
#8 Oregon: 3-2 in regional; eliminated.

Only one national seed has made it so far, with the last two survivors trying to win game threes. Some crazy upsets this year.
6/10/2013 6:35:54 PM
Topic:

borgguy
borgguy
i think this year, Casey has done a better job of keeping Yeskie in check... just look at how many times FB has called for Yeskies head on a stake this season? only 4 or 5 times as opposed to about 5 times a game last year. now maybe that is a symptom of just how strong our starters have been this year, and UW WSU and Saturday notwithstanding our pen has been pretty solid too.
6/10/2013 11:57:31 PM
Topic:

borgguy
borgguy
Pulled Wetzler one batter too late
6/10/2013 11:58:30 PM
Topic:

borgguy
borgguy
Boyd is in.... interesting move
6/11/2013 12:02:33 AM
Topic:

borgguy
borgguy
Pac12 POY saves the game!
6/11/2013 9:54:59 AM
Topic:

borgguy
borgguy
Gotta figure that the beavs are the faves to win their side of the bracket as the only natl seed on that side
6/11/2013 11:03:21 AM
Topic:

borgguy
borgguy
Riverduck wrote:
They will be champs as long as they don't get kicked to the loser's bracket. Although there are some really hot teams in the tourney right now.

technically RD that is true of EVERY team.... thats almost like saying the team the scores the most runs will probably win the game... Big Grin

I am a little worried about the OTHER side, LSU is extremely good, UCLA is getting hot, and if UNC gets through they have proved to be a tough out with no quit even if they have struggled some
6/11/2013 1:27:18 PM
Topic:
Super Regional Predictions (RECONSTRUCTED)

borgguy
borgguy
just when you think N Carolina is done for, they find a way to get right back in it. now up 5-4 over S Carolina
6/11/2013 3:16:49 PM
Topic:
UNC vs OSU

borgguy
borgguy
they can not play in the title game, as they are on the same side of the bracket. in fact that is the opening round game
pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30