Perfect Game Forum

borgguy - all messages by user

5/29/2013 9:10:31 PM
Topic:
ISR probabilities PAC12 AND SEC

borgguy
borgguy
OregonStHomer wrote:
Does boyd make adjustments as regionals progress? I'd be curious how things will change when regionals start.

he did last year at least, once super regionals are set and their location is known he can adjust accordingly.

obviously anything can happen, and baseball is a funny sport, but it is fun sometimes to look at the numbers and see just how easy/hard your path is.
5/29/2013 9:15:43 PM
Topic:
Civil War Wager!

borgguy
borgguy
ASU74 wrote:
We are entering post reason play. The slate is clean for all the 64 teams. So far RD has lived up to his end of the wager with humility and diginity. How about Beaver Nation give RD a clean slate and deem the wager paid in full? Whatcha say?
Feedback Requested

depends, I know some of the wagers made were with the caveat of until the other team (in this case the beavs) are eliminated... plus I *DO* love seeing that sig line on all of RDs post Big Grin
5/29/2013 9:17:01 PM
Topic:
Civil War Wager!

borgguy
borgguy
but I concur: RD has been an excellent sport about this Applause
5/30/2013 1:05:12 AM
Topic:
Civil War Wager!

borgguy
borgguy
Riverduck wrote:
I don't even know what the bet was any more.. I know the one i was worried about was one that only one Beav with a true N Sack took me up on it. We split.. and he was cool about it. I think borguy was the other person who took the bet with me on the signature aspect... so it is up to him.

you may take it down after regionals are over, or when the beavers lose a game, whichever comes first.
5/30/2013 1:11:19 AM
Topic:
Friday Starters

borgguy
borgguy
SouthernBeaver wrote:
I prefer Casey's strategy... he hates games 4 or 5, so every game is presumed to be against the best team, reducing chances that you have to dip deeper than your starters. Not to mention it avoids screwing up a season-long routine... resting one more or one fewer day makes a difference.

yeah, but I know in years past he has started his saturday guy in the first game when he is a #1 seed then friday then sunday. obviously when you are not a #1 seed then you have no choice but to throw you best guy first. although I would say with the beavs it really doesnt matter, when they are on their game, Boyd, Moore and Wetzler are all extremely good, and any one of them would be good to go. I would almost say start Child on Friday this week that way you can save your best for if S H T F... but Child has been a little too iffy lately for my taste and would increase a SHTF possibility...
5/30/2013 1:13:32 AM
Topic:
Pac 12 awards

borgguy
borgguy
I will be sad to see Appel go, for all his talent, and how great a pitcher he is, the Beavs sure seem to have had some good luck against him, chasing him quickly the last two years....
5/30/2013 2:06:34 AM
Topic:
National seed dilemma: Who should've had them?

borgguy
borgguy
Riverduck wrote:
Well, as this board has started to go outside our comfort zone, we have pretty much had it to ourselves for the last few years.. as everything evolves, we must make sure we make this place welcome, where we are all heard. I don't know the background of MB.. heck, I want to give everyone on here the benefit of the doubt. I probably sound like a Asshat most of the time, but want to believe I have something positive to give to this board. It is not easy trying to convince people of why the ducks deserve an 8 seed..I can only hope the play of my team speaks for itself.. heck, most beaver fans have a positive rating 8 times of mine.. but we have to realize that we can't be judged by our views, or get upset and say things we don't really mean. I can vouch for DM, and whatever he said must have been misconstrued, or said something that was valid and to the point. He can tell me to stop replying to moderator, or call me on my teams poor play.. but for the most part we need to take a little lesson from ol riverduck.. just let it roll off your feathers, and things will be copasetic. Cheers to all who is the post season.. and for those teams that are not in the post season, I will borrow a little dm.. tell your team to win more games.. or something like that. lol
edited by Riverduck on 5/30/2013
edited by Riverduck on 5/30/2013

i agree
5/30/2013 2:07:54 AM
Topic:
National seed dilemma: Who should've had them?

borgguy
borgguy
and RD your rating is only 5 worse than his, and you have over 20x the posts..... on average you are much better
5/30/2013 4:39:43 PM
Topic:
Combined Pac-12 and SEC Regional Predictions

borgguy
borgguy
Riverduck wrote:
Meaning LSU is so stacked, they could probably field a b team, and play their a team like a scrimmage. That would be interesting.

and that B team would probably make the field as an at large selection...
6/1/2013 5:27:00 PM
Topic:
Oregon State vs UCSB

borgguy
borgguy
FB check your PM
6/1/2013 5:27:31 PM
Topic:
Eugene Regional

borgguy
borgguy
RD check your PM
6/1/2013 10:13:25 PM
Topic:
Oregon State vs UCSB

borgguy
borgguy
somebody perform the heimlich on the UCSB pitcher, he is choking!
6/1/2013 11:08:52 PM
Topic:
Oregon State vs UCSB

borgguy
borgguy
last three games weve been playing like the ducks! dont really do anything all game, then 9th inning and we make the other team make a mistake and capitalize.

Dont get me wrong, I will take an ugly win over a pretty loss every single time, but these have been FAR too close for comfort. plus side, is all these close games give the team the confidence to know that they can find a way to win no matter the circumstance
6/2/2013 12:56:40 PM
Topic:
Combined Pac-12 and SEC Regional Predictions

borgguy
borgguy
Standings through saturday, alot of bunching together, should be some seperation after today though:

T1)BeaverQuist 37 16
ConnorOSU 37 16

3)Beaverstate69 37 15

T4)Oregon G20 36 16
KennyWheatonFTW 36 16

6)Dodger Matt 35 17

T7)ASU74 35 16
LSU_Blake 35 16
BeaverBob 35 16
OpihiMan 35 16

T11)BeaverBeliever20 35 15
Florida Beaver 35 15
TealDevil 35 15

T14)Hedegoba88 35 14
Hogfan4life 35 14

16)Borgguy 34 13

17)Oregon StHomer 34 12

18)Riverduck 33 15
6/2/2013 1:50:44 PM
Topic:
Eugene Regional

borgguy
borgguy
Fret not RD, Irvin will take care of business against San Francisco, it will give you a chance to get your bats back up, you were just the victim of an AMAZING pitching performance last night, can promise you that Rice wont be able to do that again today.

take care of SF, then take care of Rice today, and then again on monday. It has been done before and can be done again...
6/2/2013 2:36:42 PM
Topic:
Eugene Regional

borgguy
borgguy
although 1-13 with runners in SP isnt going to do it....
6/2/2013 2:44:13 PM
Topic:
Corvallis Regional

borgguy
borgguy
UCSB because we know them, and can beat them...
edited by borgguy on 6/2/2013
6/2/2013 2:46:49 PM
Topic:
Eugene Regional

borgguy
borgguy
2 straight hits runners on the corners.....
6/2/2013 3:05:23 PM
Topic:
Eugene Regional

borgguy
borgguy
home runs may help get them out of their slump....
6/2/2013 7:53:20 PM
Topic:
Eugene Regional

borgguy
borgguy
THERE is the confident SOB that we all love!

glad to have you back RD!
pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30