Not a member yet?
Subscribe Now!

Perfect Game Forum

borgguy - all messages by user

5/20/2013 8:53:46 AM
Topic:
Pac-12 predictions: 2013 Week 14 (RIVALRY WEEK)

borgguy
borgguy
BeaverBob wrote:
DM and Pac 12 fans and friends, do you think that Arizona and Stanford still have a chance to make it to post season? What would they need to do during the last week of the season to earn a berth into the regionals?

Arizona I think has the better chance. according to Boyd their RPI is 62 while Stanford is 79. They both need to sweep the final weekend and hope there are no major surprise winners of conference tourneys to have a chance. right now IMO they are on the wrong side of the bubble
edited by borgguy on 5/20/2013
5/20/2013 11:58:21 AM
Topic:
Oregon State vs Oregon

borgguy
borgguy
Ducks are sitting at 8 a few hundreths of a point ahead of NCstate, so need to sweep Utah, and get a little help from the wolfpack with an early exit from their conference tourney
5/20/2013 3:06:30 PM
Topic:
CHAT TRANSCRIPT: May 20

borgguy
borgguy
you mentioned in the chat that you dont think the committee would give the ACC 4 natl seeds, how much does that help Oregon being right on the bubble for natl seed? or do you think they would dip down to a team with an RPI of 10 or 11?
5/20/2013 4:26:02 PM
Topic:

borgguy
borgguy
Riverduck wrote:
Borguy.. Looking at the true body of work I think is the whole deal. RPI is huge, which I don't they would jump a 10 to a 8.. I think that the rpi will determine the seeding. Last year Oregon only got 42 wins, I would think it would be hard to turn down a team with 46 or 47 wins on the season IMO.

I would think so too, but sometimes you never know what the committee is thinking, of course yall still need to take care of business against Utah this weekend, otherwise it is a moot point....
5/20/2013 4:52:25 PM
Topic:
Pac 12 Player and Pitcher of the Week

borgguy
borgguy
WALNUT CREEK, Calif. — Arizona State junior third baseman Michael Benjamin has been named Pac-12 Player of the Week and Oregon State freshman right-handed pitcher Andrew Moore has been tabbed Pac-12 Pitcher of the Week for May 13-19, the Conference office announced Monday.

Benjamin batted .526 (10-for-19) with seven RBI, three doubles, a home run and three runs scored as the Sun Devils racked up 27 runs in four games against Texas Tech and Arizona. The Queen Creek, Ariz., native totaled a .842 slugging percentage and a .526 on-base percentage. He recorded multiple hits in three of the four games, including a four-hit performance against Texas Tech. He collected two hits on Friday against Arizona and three on Saturday to help the Sun Devils claim a 6-3 victory in the second game of the Territorial Cup series. Benjamin has registered multiple hits in eight of the last nine games and has picked up at least one RBI in seven times during that stretch. He ranks in the top seven in the Pac-12 in every major hitting category. He leads the Conference in slugging percentage (.588), hits (77) and total bases (127). Additionally, he owns the Conference’s third-highest batting average (.356) and ranks second in doubles (18), third in runs scored (51), fourth in home runs (8), sixth in RBI (41) and seventh in triples (4).

This is Benjamin’s first career Pac-12 Player of the Week honor and ASU’s Conference-leading 104th all-time selection.

Moore needed just 93 pitches to toss his second complete-game shutout of the season, a two-hitter, as Oregon State topped rival Oregon 9-0. The Eugene, Ore., product put on a show for his hometown crowd, issuing one walk while allowing just a pair of runners to advance past second base. He walked the first batter he faced before retiring 10 in a row over the first 3.1 innings and sat down the final 12 batters of the game. The Ducks’ two hits came by way of a double in the fourth and a single in the sixth. Moore became the first pitcher to win 11 games in the Pac-12 this season, seven of which have come against league foes. In earning his 11th win, he broke the Oregon State single-season record for wins by a freshman and lowered his season ERA to 1.34.

This is Moore’s first Pac-12 Pitcher of the Week nod of the season. Beaver pitchers have won the award 69 times overall.

Also Nominated (Player): Brandon Dixon, ARIZ; Michael Conforto, OSU; Brian Ragira, STAN; Kevin Kramer, UCLA.

Also Nominated (Pitcher): Tyler Crawford, ARIZ; Tommy Thorpe, ORE; Mark Appel, STAN; David Berg, UCLA; Mitch Watrous, UTAH; Zach Wright, WASH.
5/20/2013 8:18:51 PM
Topic:

borgguy
borgguy
yeah not caring for the projections this week, yeah the beavs are a #4 seed which is great, but yall are matched up with the #5 so if both made it to Omaha we would play first round... dont want that. I want us on opposite sides of the bracket.... so if we need to get on the 2/3/6/7 side since you will likely (assuming the comittee hasnt taken complete leave of their senses) be #8 and be on the 1/4/5/8 side of things....
5/20/2013 10:24:03 PM
Topic:

borgguy
borgguy
not listed here, but its on the main page....
5/21/2013 1:41:08 PM
Topic:
Ore @ OSU - Rained Out

borgguy
borgguy
And you would have to listen to Parker. you sure you want to do that? lol
5/21/2013 3:21:26 PM
Topic:
Pac 12 Player and Pitcher of the Week

borgguy
borgguy
no problem.

Also Andrew Moore selected as National Player of the Week

Oregon State freshman right-handed pitcher Andrew Moore has been named one of two national Pitchers of the Week by the National Collegiate Baseball Writers Association, on Tuesday.The honor follows Moore's Pac-12 Conference Pitcher of the Week honor on Monday, the first of his collegiate career.Moore was dominant in a two-hit shutout of then-No. 10 Oregon on Saturday in Eugene. Making the first start of his collegiate career in his hometown, he held the Ducks to a fourth-inning double and sixth-inning single for his Pac-12 leading 11th win of the year. The win also broke Sam Gaviglio's OSU freshman record of 10 wins in 2009.The Eugene native, who is one of 22 players up for the College Baseball Hall of Fame's Pitcher of the Year honor, allowed Oregon to place just two runners on third. He needed only 93 pitches in the complete-game effort.The shutout was the second of the season for Moore, who lowered his season earned run average to 1.34 and 1.58 in conference play. He has seven of his 11 wins in league play, with the shutouts occurring against California and Oregon.Moore has been dominant as of late, winning his last six starts after posting a save in the second game of the series in San Diego. In his last seven starts, Moore has given up seven earned runs in 51 1/3 innings for an ERA of 1.23.Moore shares the national honor with Long Beach State's Shane Carle, who shut out UC Riverside
5/22/2013 1:59:19 AM
Topic:
Pac-12 predictions: 2013 Week 15 -- FINAL WEEK

borgguy
borgguy
Time to go big or go home
OSU 3-0
Ore 3-0
UCLA 3-0
ASU 3-0
ARIZ 3-0

last week of the regular season and my average and standing have been going steadily down, so swinging for the fences
5/23/2013 9:21:54 AM
Topic:
Daily postseason snapshot: May 23

borgguy
borgguy
I really dont see the committee giving Louisville a national seed with an RPI of 16, certainly not if they lose again, I still think that Oregon has the inside track at the last national seed so long as they sweep Utah this week. They would have won 46 games with the 3rd toughest schedule. Louisville by comparison has 46 wins against the 132nd toughest schedule.
5/23/2013 6:59:59 PM
Topic:

borgguy
borgguy
well louisville just lost to Rutgers and is eliminated from the Big East tourney, so they are out, arent even going to have a top 16 RPI at this point. not even sure louisville gets a regional host, let alone a national seed.
5/23/2013 7:43:07 PM
Topic:

borgguy
borgguy
I think the bottom line comes down to if the committee wants to give 4 national seeds to the ACC cuz right now you have UNC, Virginia and Florida State in at the moment, then you have NCState and VaTech also hanging around. (FSU and VaTech are locked in an epic pitchers duel right now in the 7th 0-0)
and VaTech just scored in the b7
beyond that you have Mississippi St, Clemson, Indiana and UCLA, and not sure any of those teams have an impressive enough resume to warrant a top 8 seed, UCLA can at least claim a series win over Oregon, but I still dont think that they jump over them.

of course all of this is dependent upon Oregon taking care of business against Utah
edited by borgguy on 5/23/2013
5/23/2013 7:47:56 PM
Topic:

borgguy
borgguy
LSU_Blake wrote:
Kendall is there a chance if LSU wins the SEC Tournament and Vanderbilt struggles and goes out early that we could snag the number 1 seed in the tournament.

I think the only way that happens is if both Virginia and North Carolina struggle in the ACC tourney, and with how NC handled Miami today, not sure that happens... If Vandy struggles I think UNC takes #1 if LSU wins the SEC they may get #2. Remember UNC has the #1 RPI at the moment and LSU is sitting at #5

however before we talk about winning the SEC need to take care of business against Arkansas first....
edited by borgguy on 5/23/2013
5/24/2013 4:51:03 PM
Topic:
2013 SEC TOURNAMENT

borgguy
borgguy
what is going on with your Tigers Blake? lose last night to Arkansas and trailing Alabama in the 8th.... only .005 points ahead of 8th Oregon in RPI, a dissapointing showing like this in the tourney is going to hurt National seed chances.....
5/24/2013 5:12:25 PM
Topic:
2013 SEC TOURNAMENT

borgguy
borgguy
holy crap! down to last strike, 3-2 count 2 outs and knock a double into R Center tie game!
5/24/2013 5:23:41 PM
Topic:
2013 SEC TOURNAMENT

borgguy
borgguy
and that two out rally took all the wind out of Bamas sails, LSU lives to fight another day and keeps their national seed...
5/24/2013 9:23:25 PM
Topic:
Beavers versus Cougars

borgguy
borgguy
jesus....
5/24/2013 9:28:12 PM
Topic:
Beavers versus Cougars

borgguy
borgguy
why is schultz still in?
5/24/2013 9:30:43 PM
Topic:
Beavers versus Cougars

borgguy
borgguy
thank god that inning is over, just need one, and escape and count our blessings
pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30