Perfect Game Forum

borgguy - all messages by user

4/14/2013 8:12:53 PM
Topic:
Baseball Vids & links

borgguy
borgguy
Dodger Matt wrote:
This is my favorite Civil War play. Last year's game two of an Oregon State sweep. Top of the 9th, 3-2 Beavers, one out. Conforto makes the shoestring catch (which the cameras just barely caught themselves) and fires a bullet to home to gun down the runner tagging from third to try to tie the game. Catcher Ryan Gorton spikes the baseball like he scored the game-winning touchdown.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=k22Bfy1OhNI

I was at that game with my wife and son, it was AWESOME!!!!
4/14/2013 8:18:13 PM
Topic:
Baseball Vids & links

borgguy
borgguy
http://www.youtube.com/watch?NR=1&feature=endscreen&v=JBIpwkXxEpE better view of the catch! would love to see that tied with Parkers call
4/14/2013 8:32:52 PM
Topic:
PAC 12 Guys

borgguy
borgguy
LSU_Blake wrote:
I cant figure out why USC never has a good ball team. You would think they would have their pick at some of that great west coast talent, but its always the top dogs of the PAC-12 and teams like Fullerton and Irvine that get the best talent.

while it is true that USC hasnt been top notch lately they were in a SR (against the beavs) only 8 years ago.
4/15/2013 10:12:02 PM
Topic:
Pac 12 Player/Pitcher of Week 9

borgguy
borgguy
I will grant them Heineman, but I dont understand Silva. yeah he only gave up one hit, but he only went 6 innings. Boyd threw a complete game shutout
4/16/2013 8:35:08 PM
Topic:
Ducks vs Pilots

borgguy
borgguy
Riverduck wrote:
Two big swings that made a difference. Never seen the ducks do this, so consistently. Probably the most balanced ducks team I have seen yet. We are definitely the dark horses right now. Sherfy is now tied for most saves
edited by Riverduck on 4/16/2013

cant really say that the #2 team in the conference, top 10 in the country, is a "dark horse." Both the Beavs and the Ducks are starting to pull away from the rest of the conference, CW should be amazing (again) this year
4/18/2013 7:30:06 AM
Topic:
Pac-12 predictions: 2013 Week 10

borgguy
borgguy
Ore 2-1 Duckies and Beavs are proving they are the class of the pac right now, but UCLA will not go quietly into that good night.

Stan 2-1 Would be other way if at arizona, but giving home team slight edge

WSU 2-1 both wazzou and cal are giving us fits, winning games they shouldnt win, and losing games they should cougs win a wild wacky weekend

Utah 2-1 Utah has not swept a series yet in all their losses have been swept. USC has not been swept this season despite several series loss's that trend continues this week

OSU 3-0 I feel much better about a sweep after taking care of business against Utah and Portland, also it would be nice to be totally ahead of the duckies in the standings and not just on percentage points.

ASU 3-0 mmmm cupcakes......
4/19/2013 10:14:11 PM
Topic:
Bruins vs Ducks

borgguy
borgguy
well going into the Duck Half of the 8th... this is where their bats always seem to come alive... will that continue?
4/19/2013 10:27:39 PM
Topic:
Bruins vs Ducks

borgguy
borgguy
borgguy wrote:
well going into the Duck Half of the 8th... this is where their bats always seem to come alive... will that continue?

lol nope!
4/20/2013 9:57:27 AM
Topic:

borgguy
borgguy
UCLA 1 Oregon 0
Behind a gem of a performance on the mound from junior Adam Plutko, the 13th-ranked UCLA Baseball team defeated the Oregon Ducks, 1-0, on Friday night at PK Park. Plutko gave up just three hits in seven scoreless innings, matching a season-high with eight strikeouts.
UCLA LEADS SERIES 1-0

STANFORD 4 ARIZONA 3

No. 21 Arizona held a 3-0 lead through four innings and had a golden chance to put itself in position to take the series opener after loading the bases in the ninth, but Stanford closer Sam Lindquist left three Wildcats stranded to preserve a 4-3 win Friday for No. 17 Stanford.

STANFORD LEADS SERIES 1-0

CAL 4 WASHINGTON STATE 2

The Cal baseball team (17-20, 6-10) received outstanding pitching from freshman right-hander Ryan Mason, sophomore second baseman Brenden Farney had a key two-run double and junior designated hitter Devon Rodriguez hit a two-run homer as the Golden Bears gave head coach David Esquer his 400th career victory with a 4-2 win over Washington State (18-17, 5-8) Friday night (April 19) at Evans Diamond

CAL LEADS SERIES 1-0

UTAH 10 USC 0

Behind a solid pitching effort from Mitch Watrous and a solid offensive performance, the Utah baseball team defeated USC, 10-0, for its first shutout of the season.Watrous pitched eight innings, striking out five and allowing five hits and three walks.At the plate, Kody Davis went 4-for-5 to lead Utah. Trey Nielsen was 3-for-5 with two RBI, while AJ Young, Tyler Relf and Konnor Armijo all had two hits for the Utes.Utah scored three runs in the third inning, two runs in the fifth and sixth innings and capped off the night with a three-run eighth inning.

UTAH LEADS SERIES 1-0

OREGON STATE AT WASHINGTON ppd. after first pitch being moved to 530 then 6 then 630 the rain refused to let up so the teams will play a Double header starting at 1pm today.

ARIZONA STATE 16 VALPARAISO 3

The ninth-ranked Arizona State University baseball team scored a season-high 16 runs and tied a season high with 19 hits en route to a 16-3 win against Valparaiso on Friday night at Packard Stadium in Tempe, Ariz.Third baseman Michael Benjamin, who went 3-for-4, and catcher Max Rossiter each drove in a season-high three runs as nine different Sun Devils (23-11-1) recorded an RBI.

ARIZONA STATE LEADS SERIES 1-0
4/20/2013 10:32:31 AM
Topic:

borgguy
borgguy
Standings after Day one: BeaverBob behind a bunch of sweeps and correctly getting 5 of the 6 game 1 winners right has the lead. BeaverBeliever20 is on pace for a perfect week correctly picking at least game 1 correctly. And as seems to be quickly the norm RiverDuck brings up the cellar. NOTE with UW OSU rained out, there is some slight skewing of the scores, that should be corrected after today.

1)BeaverBob 33 4
2)Florida Beaver 29 5
3)BeaverBeliever20 28 9
T4)OpihiMan 28 8
OregonG20 28 8
T6)Borgguy 28 7
UOsportsguy 28 7
WildCard85 28 7
T9)JCR 28 6
ASU74 28 6
YellowlabOSU 28 6
SouthernBeaver 28 6
T13)Dodger Matt 28 5
OregonStHomer 28 5
15)Rowdy 27 6
16)Beaverstate69 26 8
17)Hogfan4life 26 7
18)Riverduck 26 6
4/20/2013 2:07:48 PM
Topic:

borgguy
borgguy
Florida Beaver wrote:
Thanks, borgguy, for stepping in. I was getting a little bummed at around 0300 when there was no daily synopsis. It is a highlight of my working weekend nights. Well done!

well, i figured DM was otherwise engaged, and it helps to have that post up for me to do the standings, so glad i could be of service

also MIGHT have a new feature tomorrow, depends on how much time it takes....
4/20/2013 3:42:39 PM
Topic:
Beavers vs. Huskies

borgguy
borgguy
BeaverBob wrote:
Absolutely horrible video

Horrible Game.....
4/20/2013 9:04:34 PM
Topic:
Beavers vs. Huskies

borgguy
borgguy
well that was F***ing pathetic, wtf happened? Things the beavers will not be after this weekend.... 1st place in the pac12, top 10 in the country, #1 in RPI, a national seed, etc etc....

oh AND its not even over yet.... 9-3 Huckin Fuskies
4/20/2013 9:31:16 PM
Topic:

borgguy
borgguy
as much as i hate to admit it, RD is right on this. all the Ducks series losses have come against top quality teams.... both of the beavers series losses have come against teams that they should have beaten HANDILY, yes baseball is a funny sport, and weird things like this happen, but to get blown out of the water by the HUCKIN FUSKIES.
I maintain hope that we can at least salvage one win tomorrow and right the ship next week against USC but for now we certainly do not deserve a top 10 ranking and a #1 RPI #2 ISR... this loss could very well cost us a national seed
4/20/2013 11:04:02 PM
Topic:
Beavers vs. Huskies

borgguy
borgguy
BeaverBob wrote:
borguy, I think you are good on your notes, except, the Ducks just lost, so the Beavs might keep their Pac 12 1st place, although in an ugly way.

borgguy wrote:
well that was F***ing pathetic, wtf happened? Things the beavers will not be after this weekend.... 1st place in the pac12, top 10 in the country, #1 in RPI, a national seed, etc etc....

oh AND its not even over yet.... 9-3 Huckin Fuskies

Thank God for small favors then.
4/21/2013 9:36:35 AM
Topic:

borgguy
borgguy
UCLA 1 OREGON 0
For the second consecutive night, the Bruins shut out the 10th-ranked Oregon Ducks, 1-0, behind an outstanding pitching performance from junior Nick Vander Tuig. Vander Tuig tossed seven scoreless innings, giving up just two hits and two walks while striking out six to earn his sixth win of the year.
Sophomore David Berg was also terrific in relief, throwing 1.1 innings of shutout ball to pick up his 10th save of the year. Cole Irvin took the loss for Oregon, falling to 7-2 despite pitching all nine innings and giving up just one unearned run.

UCLA LEADS SERIES 2-0

ARIZONA 10 STANFORD 9

Brandon Dixon homered to break a tie in the ninth and fittingly made the final putout of the game to thwart one final Stanford rally as the 25th-ranked Arizona baseball team escaped with a 10-9 victory and evened a three-game series between the schools on Saturday afternoon at Sunken Diamond.
After seeing a four-run lead evaporate in the late innings, Dixon delivered his fifth home run of the season - a solo shot to left field - and the Wildcats had their third lead of the ballgame.
This time, Arizona (25-13, 9-8) did not relinquish the lead, though Stanford (21-12, 8-6) made things difficult in the bottom of the ninth.

SERIES TIED 1-1

WASHINGTON STATE 7 CALIFORNIA 6

Jason Monda's single in the top of the ninth inning scored Trace Tam Sing and Washington State defeated California 7-6 in Pac-12 Conference baseball, Saturday night.
Monda (2-0) also earned the victory on the mound, working two shutout innings. His game-winning hit made a loser out of California (17-21, 6-11 Pac-12) reliever Dylan Nelson (1-4).

SERIES TIED 1-1

USC 7 UTAH 4

The Trojan bats came back alive on Saturday, tallying 10 hits in a 7-4 victory over Utah to take game two of the series at Spring Mobile Ballpark.
Garrett Stubbs (Del Mar, Calif./Torrey Pines HS) and Blake Lacey (Clovis, Calif./Clovis HS) led the Trojans as they went 2-for-4 at the plate, with Lacey andDante Flores (Norwalk, Calif./St. John Bosco HS) each driving in two runs. Overall, eight different Trojans had hits in the game, including Timmy Robinson (Huntington Beach, Calif./Ocean View HS), who extended his hit streak to a team-high 11 games.

SERIES TIED 1-1

WASHINGTON 5 OREGON STATE 1 (game 1)
*$%&$*$%&($#*#&$(%*$(!!!!
The teams were knotted in a pitcher's duel until Washington finally broke through in the sixth inning. The Huskies loaded the bases off OSU's left-handed starter Matt Berry (7-2) with a single, walk and error. With one out, the Huskies plated three runs on consecutive RBI singles by Joe Meggs, Braden Bishop and Ty Afenir. Berry escaped the inning after Ray lined into a double play to first base, but by then the damage had been done.

WASHINGTON 10 OREGON STATE 3 (game 2)
&$*(#&$(*Q@#^%&*(@#^(&*@#^$(*&@#$*(@#&$()*$&@(*#@(*^#*(&%^&*#@$*@(#$&(*)!!!!!
the Huskies sent 14 batters to the plate and scored eight runs to beat a shell-shocked Beavers' squad, 10-3 in the nightcap.
The Huskies jumped on the scoreboard first in the second after a two-out RBI double by Braden Bishop plated Ryan Wiggins, who led off the inning with a single off starter Andrew Moore.The 1-0 lead held until OSU finally got to Husky starter Austin Voth with a two-out, bases loaded triple by third baseman Kavin Keyes in the fifth inning. They were the first runs in 11 2/3 innings the Beavers were able to mount off the Huskies' starters.

WASHINGTON LEADS SERIES 2-0

ARIZONA STATE 15 VALPARAISO 3

Freshman left-hander Ryan Kellogg improved to 9-0 and freshman designated hitter RJ Ybarra hit the school's first grand slam in three years as the ninth-ranked Arizona State University baseball team defeated Valparaiso, 15-3, on Saturday night at Packard Stadium in Tempe, Ariz.
Ybarra set a career high with five RBI, infielder Dalton DiNatale went a career high 4-for-4 with three RBI and third baseman Michael Benjamin hit a double and a triple to pace the Sun Devils (24-11-1), who scored double-digit runs in consecutive games for the first time this season and set a season high with three triples.

ARIZONA STATE LEADS SERIES 2-0
4/21/2013 10:08:15 AM
Topic:

borgguy
borgguy
Standings after day 2: Beaver losses causes scores to plummet, those who predicted osu to lose 1 game jump in standings, those who predicted UCLA to win are the leaders right now. with 9 people are tied for 8th only 2 points of the lead, could have a lot of people ending with same score:

T1)BeaverBeliever20 23 12
OpihiMan 23 12
yellowlabOSU 23 12
T4)Rowdy 22 11
Riverduck 22 11
Beaverstate69 22 11
7)BeaverBob 22 9
T8)ASU74 21 10
Borgguy 21 10
OregonStHomer 21 10
WildCard85 21 10
OregonG20 21 10
UOSportsguy 21 10
JCR 21 10
Dodger Matt 21 10
Southern Beaver 21 10
17)Florida Beaver 20 8
18)Hogfan4life 19 10
4/21/2013 2:58:32 PM
Topic:

borgguy
borgguy
Dodger Matt wrote:
Borg, I read that recap on UW's website last night and wondered where they came up with "OSU's left-handed starter Matt Berry." They refer to Boyd as "Berry" four times, including "Mercer Island native Berry." Is this just shoddy UW sports journalism? Or is there something more sinister at work here, like a purposeful diss to somebody who grew up in the Huskies' backyard but chose to play for a better program?

just noticed that myself now that you pointed it out
4/22/2013 7:54:58 AM
Topic:

borgguy
borgguy
someone needs to tell conforto to stop swinging for the fences, that is why he has all those pop ups.... he just needs to calm down and just try to hit the ball, the HRs will come. it would also help if the guys in front of him would get on base, will force pitchers to throw to him, and sooner or later he will make them pay.... hopefully USC will provide the cure
4/22/2013 10:56:42 AM
Topic:
COLLEGE TOP 25: Latest rankings (4.22)

borgguy
borgguy
Hey Kendall, did you not watch the same Beaver-Husky series I did? while I am ecstatic that you still have us in the top 10, I am a bit flabbergasted at it. not only did we get beat, we got thrashed by a very inferior team.
pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30