Not a member yet?
Subscribe Now!

Perfect Game Forum

Messages in this topic - RSS

Home » College Baseball Clubhouse » SEC Games

Want to make your opinion heard or just chat about college baseball? This is your place.
pages: 1 2 | show rated messages only | you must log in at the top of the page to post
3/29/2013 8:33:40 PM

ASU74
ASU74
hogfan4life wrote:
Hogs win a big Friday night game 5-4. MSU led it 3-2 but Vinson hit a bases clearing triple to put the Hogs up 5-3. MSU ended up loading the bases in the ninth but the closer got the last man looking! Final score Hogs 5 Bulldogs 4.

Really glad to see Vinson turn his bat around. When I saw him last year during the Houston Classic he was hitting mid 100's. His defense is outstandig. Last I saw, Hogs pitching was in the top 5 best ERA in the country.

--
Go Devils !!
Fork Off
0 permalink
3/29/2013 8:44:27 PM

BeaverBob
BeaverBob
Thanks hogfan4life. One of my former bosses is a Hog graduate and grew up in Arkansas. He continues to follow the Hogs and will often send me emails on their accomplishments. He actually graduated from a small Christian College called Harding in Arkansas (he was was a three-sport star and all-american in basketball) and then earned his Master's degree from Arkansas, and then his PhD from Georgetown in Economics. He says he misses the simple, yet conservative lifestyle where he grew up.

hogfan4life wrote:
Well that puts them at 5-2 in the Sec, after playing two (at the time) top 10 teams and now a top 25 MSU club. Can't say if complain about that. We still have work to do right now as far as hosting. Will we get to at least host a regional? I believe so. Right now were still digging ourselves out if an rpi hole that we dug out west early in the year. We scored 6 runs in 4 games, just an awful performance against quality non conference competition.

I think this will put us tied for second behind LSU in the SEC West.
0 permalink
3/29/2013 8:45:45 PM

hogfan4life
hogfan4life
I could be wrong but I THOUGHt they said before game it was lowes in the country. I'm sure it's not now but it was like 1.64 before the game.

The tools are there with Vinson if it will just keep clicking. IMO he has big league outfielder capabilities, but he must keep hitting.
0 permalink
3/29/2013 8:49:48 PM

hogfan4life
hogfan4life
BeaverBob, that's cool. I love it here. I'm about 1:30 from Fayetteville. I went to college there as well. He's 100% correct, very laid back, extremely generous and grateful people. I've been to the cities and I just wouldnt trade it for anything. I think a lot of people have their pre determine images of what Arkansas looks like. Northwest Arkansas area is exploding thanks to Walmart and I would bet you a free dinner that you would want to come back after a visit. I can only hope someday your Beavs can make a trip over!
edited by hogfan4life on 3/29/2013
0 permalink
3/29/2013 8:53:47 PM

BeaverBob
BeaverBob
Great to hear. I spent about 3 months in Fayetteville back in the mid 90s at the Wal-mart University. I was working for another retail organization at the time learning about their logistics system. I think that parts of Oregon, especially in the Willamette Valley are very much like Fayettville.

hogfan4life wrote:
BeaverBob, that's cool. I love it here. I'm about 1:30 from Fayetteville. I went to college there as well. He's 100% correct, very laid back, extremely generous and grateful people. I've been to the cities and I just wouldnt trade it for anything. I think a lot of people have their pre determine images of what Arkansas looks like. Northwest Arkansas area is exploding thanks to Walmart and I would bet you a free dinner that you would want to come back after a visit. I can only hope someday your Beavs can make a trip over!
edited by hogfan4life on 3/29/2013
0 permalink
3/30/2013 11:31:44 AM

BTExpress
BTExpress
Saturday March 30th - Texas A&M @ South Carolina live feed.

http://apps.ohlulz.com/ncaa/?lulz=rtmp%3A%2F%2Fcp98724.live.edgefcs.net%3A1935%2Flive&id=355343-ptnr_scar-ETRF%4027974
0 permalink
3/30/2013 5:25:22 PM

hogfan4life
hogfan4life
South Carolina completes the sweep over A&M today.

MSU answers back at my Hogs 4-1. Game 3 will be the rubber match at 1:15 central time tomorrow. Good timing, Easter services, lunch with the fam and some Hogs baseball!
0 permalink
3/31/2013 2:12:48 PM

hogfan4life
hogfan4life
Hogs pick up another top 25 series win beating MSU 3-1 today. Hogs are 6-3 in the SEC and 14-3 since that dreadful Arizona road trip.
0 permalink
3/31/2013 2:14:35 PM

hogfan4life
hogfan4life
Several picked the right winners but nobody had the correct win totals for each series. Glad to see USCe get back on track, that will help the Hogs RPI going forward.
0 permalink
3/31/2013 2:23:43 PM

LSU_Blake
LSU_Blake
If Arkasas can hit a little better they will be hard to deal with. The pitching is there its just the hitting thats lacking. Of course, they have played against some pretty good pitchers as well so we shall see.

--
91' 93' 96' 97' 00' 09' NATIONAL CHAMPIONS
0 permalink
3/31/2013 2:33:40 PM

hogfan4life
hogfan4life
Yeah Blake, hitting is definitely not our strong suit. However it's been better than last year. Honestly the reason we aren't 7-2 in the SEC right now is errors. We have the worst fielding percentage in the SEC I would bet. I'm looking forward to that LSU series in 2 weeks!
0 permalink
3/31/2013 2:53:16 PM

LSU_Blake
LSU_Blake
Yeh its gonna be fun at the Baum. We got to SEC sweeps in a row and hopefully we can win a series against Kentucky before we head to the Baum. By the way, I'm new on here and I'm glad to be able to finally talk CBB with somebody other than LSU fans. Plus I live in Alabama so I dont get that much either lol. College Baseball is a hidden gem of a sport and it took me forever to find a place where people actually like to talk about. I'm pumped up for the rest of the season and look forward to the good chats on here. Geaux Tigers.

--
91' 93' 96' 97' 00' 09' NATIONAL CHAMPIONS
+1 permalink
3/31/2013 4:20:48 PM

hogfan4life
hogfan4life
Trust me I feel ya! The Hog boards are great when you win and a nightmare anytime the team gets behind. They drive me crazy! You probably already notice this mostly PAC 12 guys, but they are great people! Glad to have you on board. Join in each week in the Pac12 predictions. I don't know much about their teams but its fun just to guess! Also I'm going to try to start listing big SEC series each week like this post started. Love to get other people's insight.

Right now I think there is one other LSU fan on the board and a Gamecock, other than that it's a lot of Beaver! Now that's not too bad of a thing though right??
0 permalink
3/31/2013 8:13:15 PM

BeaverBob
BeaverBob
Personally, I prefer more Beaver than Gamecock, but I think RiverDuck probably has a different point of view. With this said, I'm enjoying seeing some SEC folks on this Board. Thanks for bringing the SEC to this board.

hogfan4life wrote:
Trust me I feel ya! The Hog boards are great when you win and a nightmare anytime the team gets behind. They drive me crazy! You probably already notice this mostly PAC 12 guys, but they are great people! Glad to have you on board. Join in each week in the Pac12 predictions. I don't know much about their teams but its fun just to guess! Also I'm going to try to start listing big SEC series each week like this post started. Love to get other people's insight.

Right now I think there is one other LSU fan on the board and a Gamecock, other than that it's a lot of Beaver! Now that's not too bad of a thing though right??

edited by BeaverBob on 3/31/2013
edited by BeaverBob on 4/1/2013
+1 permalink
4/1/2013 8:39:46 AM

Hedegoba88
Hedegoba88
hogfan4life wrote:

Too much Beaver is never a bad thing!
+1 permalink
pages: 1 2 | show rated messages only | you must log in at the top of the page to post