Not a member yet?
Subscribe Now!

Perfect Game Forum

Messages in this topic - RSS

Home » College Baseball Clubhouse » COLLEGE TOP 25: The latest rankings (3/18)

Want to make your opinion heard or just chat about college baseball? This is your place.
show rated messages only | you must log in at the top of the page to post
3/18/2013 9:52:45 AM

Kendall
Kendall
Administrator
The latest PG College Top 25!

http://www.perfectgame.org/Articles/View.aspx?article=8170

--
Kendall Rogers, College Baseball Managing Editor
Follow me on Twitter at: http://twitter.com/#!/KendallRogersPG
Email me: mailto:kendall@perfectgame.org
0 permalink
3/18/2013 1:41:16 PM

Florida Beaver
Florida Beaver
Kendall,

I respect your baseball acumen. You are way ahead of me on your knowledge and expertise, but why, for goodness sake, do you have UCLA ranked 4th? Of the polls out so far Baseball America has them at 11. Collegiate Baseball has them at 9 and ASU Coaches Poll at 7.
0 permalink
3/18/2013 2:53:47 PM

borgguy
borgguy
only thing i can think is that kendall had them fairly high to start with it, and they havent really had a bad enough week to warrant dropping them yet....

--
GO BEAVS!
+1 permalink
3/18/2013 6:11:11 PM

Dodger Matt
Dodger Matt
Yeah, but having to come from behind and go 15 innings against a weak UW team is not what I'd call as difficult as sweeping the #21 team and defending national champions at their place. UCLA has been too high on Kendall's ranking for some time, and he won't drop them until there is a clear mismatch in weekly performances. No biggie though.
+1 permalink
3/19/2013 12:18:31 PM

Riverduck
Riverduck
Florida Beaver wrote:
Kendall,

I respect your baseball acumen. You are way ahead of me on your knowledge and expertise, but why, for goodness sake, do you have UCLA ranked 4th? Of the polls out so far Baseball America has them at 11. Collegiate Baseball has them at 9 and ASU Coaches Poll at 7.

Come on.. give him a break. All you follow mostly is the beavs. He has to cover ALL the teams. But I did scratch my head on that one. I guess he is going to watch the games live this week, so hopefully you guys will impress. Same for the Ducks.
0 permalink
3/19/2013 3:11:10 PM

Kendall
Kendall
Administrator
River,
Good for those other folks for having UCLA where they have them. UCLA and right on par with Oregon State in terms of pitching staff, along with the other teams in the top five.

UCLA has superior staffs to some of the teams the other rankings have around them. Period.

I've seen UCLA a couple of times ... .will see OSU and Oregon further this weekend.

--
Kendall Rogers, College Baseball Managing Editor
Follow me on Twitter at: http://twitter.com/#!/KendallRogersPG
Email me: mailto:kendall@perfectgame.org
0 permalink
show rated messages only | you must log in at the top of the page to post

Home » College Baseball Clubhouse » COLLEGE TOP 25: The latest rankings (3/18)