Not a member yet?
Subscribe Now!

Perfect Game Forum

Messages in this topic - RSS

Home » College Baseball Clubhouse » Just left a the Heels and Canes game today

Want to make your opinion heard or just chat about college baseball? This is your place.
show rated messages only | you must log in at the top of the page to post
3/17/2013 2:06:37 PM

FV4Heels
FV4Heels
That had to be the worst officiating crew I have EVER seen period! There were several points in the game that there were blatantly missed calls. One missed call actually resulted in the tying run for Miami. BTW, I still can't believe that teams are still walking Moran to get to Bolt (keep doing it though). That cost Miami a 3 Run homer and the game today! BOLT IS THE REAL DEAL. I believe this team is complete. We've had pitching the last couple of years, but we were struggling to put up runs. That is NOT the case with this team! If we can stay healthy, we will be a hard out for anybody.
0 permalink
3/17/2013 2:22:23 PM

Dodger Matt
Dodger Matt
That was a sweet 8th inning though. Two-out 3-run homer to break a 1-1 tie. A good series win!
0 permalink
3/17/2013 2:35:20 PM

FV4Heels
FV4Heels
It was, but I tell the guy behind plate was absolutely atrocious. Both teams were upset with inconsistency of the strike zone. He missed a blantant strike three call on a bunt attempt. The batter offered and never made an attempt to bring the bat back. It was called a ball. How can you make that call when bat goes completely over the plate, but never recoiled. That no call led to the tying run two batters latter. They would have never plated the run before they made their third out.
0 permalink
3/17/2013 4:15:05 PM

Heels2Omaha
Heels2Omaha
I don't think the crew had much of an impact on the series because they were bad both ways, but they were indeed HORRIBLE. On both Friday and Sunday, you could flip a coin for balls and strikes and be more accurate.
0 permalink
3/17/2013 7:20:46 PM

FV4Heels
FV4Heels
Wow, if that is the case, these guys should not be allowed to officiate anymore ACC games. I've got 20/160 vision and could call a better game than the guy behind the dish today.
0 permalink
3/18/2013 1:03:19 AM

OpihiMan
OpihiMan
I caught a couple innings of yesterdays game...I was having my dog officiate from the couch and he got more right.

FV4Heels wrote:
Wow, if that is the case, these guys should not be allowed to officiate anymore ACC games. I've got 20/160 vision and could call a better game than the guy behind the dish today.
0 permalink
3/18/2013 5:51:52 AM

Heels2Omaha
Heels2Omaha
Hard as it is to believe, the guy behind the dish on Friday was much, much worse. He would squeeze a pitcher one inning and then the next inning anything within a foot of the corners was a strike. Both pitchers and every hitter were b*tching the entire game. I thought Coach Fox was going to have a meltdown in the 3rd base coaches box. That crew is an abomination. There are seriously little league crews who could do a better job calling balls and strikes.

Nobody has to take my word for it either. All three games were televised and all three are available by going to http://www.goheels.com/mediaPortal/player.dbml?&DB_LANG=C&SITE=UNC&DB_OEM_ID=3350 and clicking the "Game Replays" tab. I seriously already sent that link to the ACC supervisor of officials. You can't play high-level baseball when "Blue" doesn't know a ball from a strike.

OpihiMan wrote:
I caught a couple innings of yesterdays game...I was having my dog officiate from the couch and he got more right.

FV4Heels wrote:
0 permalink
3/18/2013 6:32:17 AM

FV4Heels
FV4Heels
Heels,
Did you Colin go crazy on the strike call that was over a foot outside? I like the fight in him. Also the strike three call that almost hit Holbie who doesn't crowd the plate. I did like Morris arguing those couple of calls that went against him. I guess he thought he deserved every call.
0 permalink
3/18/2013 6:36:20 AM

Heels2Omaha
Heels2Omaha
FV, I actually thought Morris was correct in arguing because I thought the crew was just plain BAD both ways. There was no consistency at all. Even though Coach Fox generally doesn't tolerate the kids saying anything to the umpires, Moran was right in barking at the ump on that call. Here's an All-American who is known for plate discipline and you punch him out on a pitch that he couldn't hit with a boat oar....Blue deserved an earfull and got it.
0 permalink
3/18/2013 10:45:54 AM

FV4Heels
FV4Heels
Heels,
I see your point on the Morris thing. These guys were just awful!
0 permalink
3/18/2013 12:01:07 PM

rcw1126
rcw1126
Unfortunately, I have to agree about the officiating; as well as the comment that it was bad for both sides.

However, that 3-run homer in the 8th by Skye Bolt was a thing of beauty! Miami puts Moran on with 2 outs, and the Freshman steps up and confidently takes the second pitch for a long ride to break open what had been as close a game as it could have been.

He is a very special player.
edited by rcw1126 on 3/18/2013
0 permalink
show rated messages only | you must log in at the top of the page to post

Home » College Baseball Clubhouse » Just left a the Heels and Canes game today