Not a member yet?
Subscribe Now!

Perfect Game Forum

Messages in this topic - RSS

Home » College Baseball Clubhouse » Boyd's World ISR/RPI

Want to make your opinion heard or just chat about college baseball? This is your place.
pages: 1 2 | show rated messages only | you must log in at the top of the page to post
3/14/2013 2:33:49 PM

Riverduck
Riverduck
BB41751 wrote:
Some stuff
Oregon the second worst offensive team in the top 20 based on runs scored
Oregon 16th rated pitching/defense team in the top 20 based on runs given up
OSU #1 pitching/defense team in the top 20 based on runs given up
OSU’s run differential is almost 3 times that of Oregon for this season.
OSU has played better competition: .567 opponent winning % to .495 opponent winning %.

So I guess that tells you that stats don't really matter that much? Being able to still be in the top 20 with those numbers tell me stats are not the whole story to a team. Defense wins games.. what is oregon ranked in that department?
0 permalink
3/14/2013 2:41:53 PM

OpihiMan
OpihiMan
Ok RD, you can keep your at home SR loss to Kent State...I'll keep my 4-1 beating and I mean thorough beat down (outscored 24-9) of the HIGHLY....EXTREMELY...OVERRATED quacks of last year, who barely beat Austin Peay in the first game of their regional and ended up losing to KENT STATE at home in the super. Ducks were given gifts of teams in their regional and super regional and couldn't advance to Omaha. The Ducks this year are still lingering at the bottom of the top 25 rankings despite not being in the top 50 for RPI for games to date (56), even the ISR which typically favors the west coast only has the hapless schmucks at 30.

Translation, and note that I used facts to support my arguement, Ducks=Overrated.

Riverduck wrote:
OpihiMan wrote:
...and you were 1-4 vs the mighty Beavs...

And the year before we swept you and stayed home.. so that does not mean much. We made it further.. thus having a better year. Regardless if you thought we deserved it or not.
0 permalink
3/15/2013 2:22:38 AM

Florida Beaver
Florida Beaver
play nice boys.....our first game is in about three weeks....so sharpen those wits and get the swords ready
0 permalink
3/15/2013 2:22:04 PM

Riverduck
Riverduck
OpihiMan wrote:
Ok RD, you can keep your at home SR loss to Kent State...I'll keep my 4-1 beating and I mean thorough beat down (outscored 24-9) of the HIGHLY....EXTREMELY...OVERRATED quacks of last year, who barely beat Austin Peay in the first game of their regional and ended up losing to KENT STATE at home in the super. Ducks were given gifts of teams in their regional and super regional and couldn't advance to Omaha. The Ducks this year are still lingering at the bottom of the top 25 rankings despite not being in the top 50 for RPI for games to date (56), even the ISR which typically favors the west coast only has the hapless schmucks at 30.
Well, I can also reserve the notion that the Beavs are also over rated then. There we both root for over rated teams. Since that is over, lets focus on how both teams finish, regardless of media hype, gifts, etc. You guys seem to have received way more hype then you deserve right now, other than you have only lost one game. The pac is back, meaning we all have a similiar schedule, so regardless of the pre season, both teams are set up pretty nice for a post season run if they finish in the top three, and win most of their non conference games as well. I was at those super games, and yeah the ducks should have could have but did not. Kent state played their best ball period at that series. And the saying goes.. any team can beat any other team at any given time. So still not buying your plea about last year. Can't take that super regional experience from me ever. Some of the best baseball memories ever at the collegiate level for me.. and that is just a start.

Translation, and note that I used facts to support my arguement, Ducks=Overrated.

Riverduck wrote:
OpihiMan wrote:
...and you were 1-4 vs the mighty Beavs...

And the year before we swept you and stayed home.. so that does not mean much. We made it further.. thus having a better year. Regardless if you thought we deserved it or not.
0 permalink
3/15/2013 4:57:57 PM

OpihiMan
OpihiMan
I'm not trying to take any memories from you, regardless of the outcome it's extremely cool to goto a Super Regional...heck Baseball, more than any other American sport, thrives on nostalgia. Those memories of a sunny warm day, peanuts, and a hot dog create a lifelong fan. Just because I'm critical of your team (which I happen to despise, it is a rivalry after all) should never take away from your enjoyment.

Love,
Opihi
+1 permalink
3/16/2013 3:26:06 AM

Florida Beaver
Florida Beaver
OpihiMan wrote:
I'm not trying to take any memories from you, regardless of the outcome it's extremely cool to goto a Super Regional...heck Baseball, more than any other American sport, thrives on nostalgia. Those memories of a sunny warm day, peanuts, and a hot dog create a lifelong fan. Just because I'm critical of your team (which I happen to despise, it is a rivalry after all) should never take away from your enjoyment.

Love,
Opihi

Aaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaahhhh. Love at first bitePillow Fight
0 permalink
3/18/2013 6:50:57 PM

Dodger Matt
Dodger Matt
ISRs as of 3/18 (at least the top 2):
 1   129.2   18   1     18   1   102  North Carolina
2 129.0 19 1 19 1 80 Oregon State
Looks like Stitchhead's preseason rankings. Big Grin
0 permalink
pages: 1 2 | show rated messages only | you must log in at the top of the page to post

Home » College Baseball Clubhouse » Boyd's World ISR/RPI