Not a member yet?
Subscribe Now!

Perfect Game Forum

Messages in this topic - RSS

Home » College Baseball Clubhouse » Oregon State vs. Bryant

Want to make your opinion heard or just chat about college baseball? This is your place.
pages: 1.. 3 4 | show rated messages only | you must log in at the top of the page to post
3/3/2013 5:03:56 PM

Dodger Matt
Dodger Matt
Hmm. I must have hit that HTML button by accident cuz my post got erased.

I had said that most Beaver fans expected a sweep, but I was surprised (and probably not alone in that) by the great pitching by Bryant and the team's overall toughness. Bryant should have won game one, and I expect a great performance by the Bulldogs in NEC play. Hope you guys win the conference championship and make the D1 postseason.
0 permalink
3/3/2013 5:19:34 PM

Dodger Matt
Dodger Matt
Today was at least the second time Jay Reese referred to Texas State as a Southland Conference team, but they are in the WAC this year. Yes, they were a Southland power, but so far this year, they are 4-7 and right in the middle of the middling WAC conference standings. Watch how the Bobcats do against the WAC's top-ranked 9-3 UTSA Tuesday before claiming they are a legitimate threat to OSU unbeaten record. Yes, it could happen. But I think we get past UP Tuesday, and handle Texas State next weekend.

In my mind, the biggest threat to matching the 18-0 record would be those two games against San Francisco March 12 and 13.
0 permalink
3/4/2013 8:13:24 AM

borgguy
borgguy
i agree there. they were able to split a 2 game set with defending natl champs Arizona this week so they do know how to win games agains marquee opponents. can not afford to take anyone lightly. that is the beauty of baseball that on any day a team that by rights should be totally overmatched can put it together and surprise you.
Dodger Matt wrote:
Today was at least the second time Jay Reese referred to Texas State as a Southland Conference team, but they are in the WAC this year. Yes, they were a Southland power, but so far this year, they are 4-7 and right in the middle of the middling WAC conference standings. Watch how the Bobcats do against the WAC's top-ranked 9-3 UTSA Tuesday before claiming they are a legitimate threat to OSU unbeaten record. Yes, it could happen. But I think we get past UP Tuesday, and handle Texas State next weekend.

In my mind, the biggest threat to matching the 18-0 record would be those two games against San Francisco March 12 and 13.

--
GO BEAVS!
0 permalink
pages: 1.. 3 4 | show rated messages only | you must log in at the top of the page to post

Home » College Baseball Clubhouse » Oregon State vs. Bryant