Not a member yet?
Subscribe Now!

Perfect Game Forum

Messages in this topic - RSS

Home » College Baseball Clubhouse » Matt Boyd is on fire

Want to make your opinion heard or just chat about college baseball? This is your place.
| you must log in at the top of the page to post
2/22/2013 7:18:05 PM

Dodger Matt
Dodger Matt
It's early, I know. But six up six down. And very few pitches out of the zone. That first batter should have been called out on strikes before going through nine pitches. And that was the only batter Boyd had a chance of losing. I don't know how long he can last, but I am enjoying watching him so far.
0 permalink
2/22/2013 9:57:04 PM

BeaverBob
BeaverBob
Matt, gotta think that having Buck on the coaching staff has made a big difference and will really impact this group of pitchers when the season heats up.

Dodger Matt wrote:
Bob, this team is set up for postseason success. Remember Daniel Turpen was a number four or five starting pitcher for OSU in 2006 and destroyed top-seeded Rice in the first of two come-from-behind Beaver victories. It's too bad we don't have Fry, but those three plus the couple of freshman arms we have in reserve equals a very strong four- or five-arm punch.
+2 permalink
2/22/2013 10:31:38 PM

SouthernBeaver
SouthernBeaver
Matt, Casey told Fitt this week that Fry has a good chance of returning sometime down the stretch this year. Of all the years since 07, I feel the most optimistic this year!
+1 permalink
| you must log in at the top of the page to post

Home » College Baseball Clubhouse » Matt Boyd is on fire