Not a member yet?
Subscribe Now!

Perfect Game Forum

Messages in this topic - RSS

Home » College Baseball Clubhouse » Collegiate Baseball Top 40 Preseason Poll

Want to make your opinion heard or just chat about college baseball? This is your place.
| you must log in at the top of the page to post
12/21/2012 6:04:38 PM

ASU74
ASU74
Collegiate Baseball Top 40 Preseason Poll

1. Arkansas

2. North Carolina

3. Vanderbilt

4. LSU

5. UCLA

6. Oregon

7. South Carolina

8. Kentucky

9. Stanford

10. Oregon State

11. NC State

12. San Diego

13. Mississippi State

14. Oklahoma

15. TCU

16. Arizona State

17. Georgia Tech

18. Arizona

19. Florida State

20. Rice

21. Texas

22. Louisville

23. Cal State Fullerton

24. Florida

25. Ole Miss

26. Texas A&M

27. Clemson

28. Miami (Fla.)

29. Georgia

30. UC Irvine

31. Missouri State

32. Wichita State

33. New Mexico

34. Kent State

35. Virginia

36. Southern Miss

37. East Carolina

38. Coastal Carolina

39. Dallas Baptist

40. Pepperdine

--
Go Devils !!
Fork Off
0 permalink
1/20/2013 9:37:34 PM

BeaverBob
BeaverBob
Great to see you DM. Now, the College Baseball Season and banter can begin. I can't wait for your leadership of our weekly Pac 12 predictions and results (please tell me you are going to manage the predictions again). Then, some additional commentary from ASU 74, some real, in-depth anal ysis from FB, words of wisdom from Ophiman, and some mental masturbation from RiverDuck, I can come out of my Winter Depression.

The season is just around the corner.

Dodger Matt wrote:
Really? OSU fourth in the Pac-12 behind UCLA, Stanford, and Oregon this year? No way. Despite the absence of Jace Fry, the Beavers have so much talent returning, especially seniors, that they will be tops in the conference. You heard it here first. Beware the Beavers!

edited by BeaverBob on 1/20/2013
+3 permalink
2/13/2013 8:52:23 PM

Florida Beaver
Florida Beaver
Well...it seems the time is almost here.....

RD, who for some unknown reason, maybe an immigration complex, does not fly south for the winter, but must hibernate, has come out to play. I sure hope you're finished molting becuase there are few things uglier than a naked duck (unless it is peking duck)

BB is out and in good hunting form looking for the first "fowl" of the season which he found when RD came out. Of hibernation, that is.

ASU74 is looking forward to something more than a good year, although he may find it a devil of a time getting there. I think he has a good idea that if you can't beat 'em, have another drink and all will be right with the world. And if not, just have another drink.

DM has made the scene. Finally. Our erstwhile leader is gearing up his fingers and breaking out the thesuarus so his weekly matchups for the P12 pick 'ems are fresh and never boring. I think he had to wait until the proper baseball weather arrived, which in the Willamette Valley is a lot of rain.

Brother Opihi finally arrived with his sense of dry humor and sharp wits. Never a dull moment when Opihi and RD start comparing notes and opinions. Even if the battle is half over before it starts.

The Seattle Beaver has yet to show up. Could be that he is still snow covered and is waiting until the sun comes out before emerging on the site. Rumor does have it that the uppermost northwest beaver had a close shave this winter and is waiting for some fur to grow back before coming out into the public eye.

Boop has been making a few public appearances over the winter months on other sites. Her sharp accumen on anything Beaver is enjoyable and always spot on. We always look forward to her input.

To the others that play P12 pick 'em, welcome!

And to all....PLAY BALL!!!!
edited by Florida Beaver on 2/14/2013
edited by Florida Beaver on 2/14/2013
+3 permalink
1/21/2013 6:36:40 PM

HSF
HSF
Um....Beavers are Oregon State, Ducks are Oregon

Don't start a civil war now...hehe

I'm glad a Vandy fan is here though. I'm like their team a lot this year.
+1 permalink
1/4/2013 7:35:26 AM

HSF
HSF
Texas is a year removed from going to Omaha and would’ve been a contender last year had not been devastated by injuries. And brought in the 7th best recruiting class in the country according to BA, which includes the top offensive recruit in the country.

Rice is the one that is overrated after choking away another easy home regional last year.

Aaron Fitt has picked Texas to be get back to a Super this year – sorry walt, he knows much more than you.

If anything Texas is underrated in that poll.

Your crybaby agenda against Texas is an old stale bit. Who won the Texas/Rice game last year at MM? and when was the last time Rice went to Omaha?
+1 permalink
1/4/2013 3:24:30 PM

weg313
weg313
HSF wrote:
Texas is a year removed from going to Omaha and would’ve been a contender last year had not been devastated by injuries. And brought in the 7th best recruiting class in the country according to BA, which includes the top offensive recruit in the country.

Rice is the one that is overrated after choking away another easy home regional last year.

Aaron Fitt has picked Texas to be get back to a Super this year – sorry walt, he knows much more than you.

If anything Texas is underrated in that poll.

Your crybaby agenda against Texas is an old stale bit. Who won the Texas/Rice game last year at MM? and when was the last time Rice went to Omaha?

1. What in the world does what transpired in last year's post-season have to do with how teams are ranked heading into 2013? Nada. BTW, hard to call that regional "easy" when you had Omaha-bound Arkansas in it.

2. Even before the injury bug hit UT last season, they were struggling. Sure, the injuries to the pitching staff devasted the Longhorns down the stretch, but there is no way they were an Omaha team even before the injuries last year. Not even close. Their offense was once again putrid.

3. Let's wait and see BA's preseason rankings before jumping the gun. I very much doubt Aaron Fitt has UT ranked ahead of the Owls heading into the season (not that that matters one bit).

4. I have no agenda against Texas. It's Augie who is afraid to play Rice, and who walked away from the agreed upon deal to play annual weekend series...and that's a fact.

--
In Wayne Graham we trust.
+1 permalink
1/6/2013 7:43:23 PM

BeaverBob
BeaverBob
I'm loving the discussion here. I wish we had more on this forum. While I am neither a Texas or Rice fan, I can understand the passion and arguments from both sides.
+1 permalink
1/20/2013 4:25:33 PM

Florida Beaver
Florida Beaver
Dodger Matt wrote:
Really? OSU fourth in the Pac-12 behind UCLA, Stanford, and Oregon this year? No way. Despite the absence of Jace Fry, the Beavers have so much talent returning, especially seniors, that they will be tops in the conference. You heard it here first. Beware the Beavers!

Fear every type Beaver out there. Southern, Florida, Bob, Boop or Seattle. Northern, Eastern, Western and the little known Artic beaver (this are usually older beavers with bad arms). Fully furred, bald or stylized. Cooked, raw, stoked, stoned (in the case of a Washington or Colorado beaver) or drunk. Uptight, sloppy, dry or wet. And when to comes to playing with balls and trying to put them balls in the pocket or handling them bats with the efficiency of a pro, well I tell ya, there isn't anyone better at doing that than beavers.

Yeah DM (nice to see you here btw). The P12 better beware them Beavers.

We are talking the baseball team in Corvallis, right?
+1 permalink
| you must log in at the top of the page to post

Home » College Baseball Clubhouse » Collegiate Baseball Top 40 Preseason Poll