Not a member yet?
Subscribe Now!

Perfect Game Forum

Messages in this topic - RSS

Home » College Baseball Clubhouse » Pac-12 Super Regional Predictions

Want to make your opinion heard or just chat about college baseball? This is your place.
pages: 1.. 3 4 | show rated messages only | you must log in at the top of the page to post
6/12/2012 12:26:36 AM

ASU74
ASU74
Posts: 1035
What the hell, I'm in. Seems Connor kinda vanished from the National Picks. Who won the Super picks?

--
Go Devils !!
Fork Off
0 permalink
6/12/2012 12:50:30 AM

BeaverBob
BeaverBob
Posts: 1458
I'm hoping DM has one more week left in him.

What's the outlook for next year's SunDevils?

quote=ASU74]What the hell, I'm in. Seems Connor kinda vanished from the National Picks. Who won the Super picks?
0 permalink
6/12/2012 8:23:59 AM

ASU74
ASU74
Posts: 1035
BeaverBob wrote:
I'm hoping DM has one more week left in him.

What's the outlook for next year's SunDevils?

quote=ASU74]What the hell, I'm in. Seems Connor kinda vanished from the National Picks. Who won the Super picks?


BB:
That will be a thread started after the signing deadline. Everyone has to see how many current players & HS guys sign from each team. That is if there is anyone around here to discuss it.

--
Go Devils !!
Fork Off
0 permalink
6/12/2012 5:56:02 PM

Dodger Matt
Dodger Matt
Posts: 2423
Here are your postsuper scores and stats:

Score. . .Player . . . . . .Diff in SB run avg
21.0 . . .ASU74. . . . . . .-0.84
19.0 . . .Florida Beaver . . 1.77
19.0 . . .MostUnknown. . . .-1.94
19.0 . . .RiverDuck. . . . . 2.28
19.0 . . .SouthCoastStu. . . 2.06
16.0 . . .Dodger Matt. . . . 1.00
14.0 . . .WildCard85 . . . . 2.96
12.0 . . .BeaverBob. . . . . 2.56
ASU74 wins in total points, and he also had the closest pick to Stony Brook's average runs scored over their three-game series with LSU (which was 4.66). He was the only player to guess within a run of the actual average. Props to ASU74.

But check out "tied for second": Four people with scores of 19. If Fred hadn't won, the tiebreaker here would have been critical. Official second place goes to Florida Beaver. Some more notes:
  • Seven of eight correctly picked UCLA 2-0.
  • Six of eight correctly picked Arizona 2-0.
  • ASU74 was the only one to get three of the four supers right, and the only one to correctly pick Stanford 0-2.
  • Nobody picked Oregon 1-2. In fact, everyone picked Oregon 2-0, so that was worth only 1 pt.
+1 permalink
6/12/2012 6:48:46 PM

BeaverBob
BeaverBob
Posts: 1458
What's the prize for coming in last place?

Dodger Matt wrote:
Here are your postsuper scores and stats:

Score. . .Player . . . . . .Diff in SB run avg
21.0 . . .ASU74. . . . . . .-0.84
19.0 . . .Florida Beaver . . 1.77
19.0 . . .MostUnknown. . . .-1.94
19.0 . . .RiverDuck. . . . . 2.28
19.0 . . .SouthCoastStu. . . 2.06
16.0 . . .Dodger Matt. . . . 1.00
14.0 . . .WildCard85 . . . . 2.96
12.0 . . .BeaverBob. . . . . 2.56
ASU74 wins in total points, and he also had the closest pick to Stony Brook's average runs scored over their three-game series with LSU (which was 4.66). He was the only player to guess within a run of the actual average. Props to ASU74.

But check out "tied for second": Four people with scores of 19. If Fred hadn't won, the tiebreaker here would have been critical. Official second place goes to Florida Beaver. Some more notes:
  • Seven of eight correctly picked UCLA 2-0.
  • Six of eight correctly picked Arizona 2-0.
  • ASU74 was the only one to get three of the four supers right, and the only one to correctly pick Stanford 0-2.
  • Nobody picked Oregon 1-2. In fact, everyone picked Oregon 2-0, so that was worth only 1 pt.
0 permalink
6/12/2012 6:56:48 PM

Riverduck
Riverduck
Posts: 2290
ASU74 wrote:
BeaverBob wrote:
I'm hoping DM has one more week left in him.

What's the outlook for next year's SunDevils?

quote=ASU74]What the hell, I'm in. Seems Connor kinda vanished from the National Picks. Who won the Super picks?


BB:
That will be a thread started after the signing deadline. Everyone has to see how many current players & HS guys sign from each team. That is if there is anyone around here to discuss it.
I will be around.. be interesting to know what voids are happening, Oregon lost short, 3rd, catcher, friday starter, mid reliever.. Rest coming back. Excited for Christian Jones to be back in it.
0 permalink
6/12/2012 7:17:43 PM

Dodger Matt
Dodger Matt
Posts: 2423
BeaverBob wrote:
What's the prize for coming in last place?

You get to play again.

Okay, here's what I'm thinking for CWS predictions. Two Pac-12 teams is not enough to work with. So I'm thinking of picking the winner and runner-up for each bracket and the win-loss record for each of those four teams. For example, you pick Team A 3-0 and Team B 2-2 to finish first and second in the left bracket, and Team C 3-1 and Team D 3-2 to finish first and second in the right bracket. No predictions on the overall winner...too many possibilities for nobody to get it. Or maybe as a tiebreaker. Not sure.

If we only get 8 people....

I'll provide explanations of possibilities.
0 permalink
6/12/2012 7:21:00 PM

BeaverBob
BeaverBob
Posts: 1458
Yippeee!


Dodger Matt wrote:
BeaverBob wrote:
What's the prize for coming in last place?

You get to play again.

Okay, here's what I'm thinking for CWS predictions. Two Pac-12 teams is not enough to work with. So I'm thinking of picking the winner and runner-up for each bracket and the win-loss record for each of those four teams. For example, you pick Team A 3-0 and Team B 2-2 to finish first and second in the left bracket, and Team C 3-1 and Team D 3-2 to finish first and second in the right bracket. No predictions on the overall winner...too many possibilities for nobody to get it. Or maybe as a tiebreaker. Not sure.

If we only get 8 people....

I'll provide explanations of possibilities.
0 permalink
6/12/2012 8:33:44 PM

ASU74
ASU74
Posts: 1035
Yo! super regional winner two years in a row.Applause

Beavers: Everytime the Ducks have me convinced they are winners & I pick them---they loose. Therefore I will entertain all bribes from Beavers & RD ( & any other Duck) on how to pick next year. Just send your prospective bribe to my PM for me to evaluate. I will accept money, ST. Pauli Girl beer, Kelt XO congac or even game tickets. I will consider individual or collective offers. If it is a real important game I will accept round trip plane tickets from Houston to the destination of my choosing. Welchers will have to answer to Quito! Gun

DM Pls check your PM

--
Go Devils !!
Fork Off
0 permalink
6/12/2012 8:55:55 PM

BeaverBob
BeaverBob
Posts: 1458
ASU74, is there a code life on St Pauli Girl? I may have a six pack in my garage from 10 years ago.

ASU74 wrote:
Yo! super regional winner two years in a row.Applause

Beavers: Everytime the Ducks have me convinced they are winners & I pick them---they loose. Therefore I will entertain all bribes from Beavers & RD ( & any other Duck) on how to pick next year. Just send your prospective bribe to my PM for me to evaluate. I will accept money, ST. Pauli Girl beer, Kelt XO congac or even game tickets. I will consider individual or collective offers. If it is a real important game I will accept round trip plane tickets from Houston to the destination of my choosing. Welchers will have to answer to Quito! Gun

DM Pls check your PM
0 permalink
6/12/2012 10:21:39 PM

ASU74
ASU74
Posts: 1035
BB
Only one way to find out. Chill it down & pop the cap. Let me know.
Toast

--
Go Devils !!
Fork Off
0 permalink
6/12/2012 10:29:34 PM

BeaverBob
BeaverBob
Posts: 1458
I might have to give it a try. I worked for the Southland Corp (7-Eleven Stores) for almost 20 years. We closed a store down and I brought home a bunch of beer and much of it still sits in my garage from nearly 15 years ago.


ASU74 wrote:
BB
Only one way to find out. Chill it down & pop the cap. Let me know.
Toast
+1 permalink
6/12/2012 10:39:56 PM

ASU74
ASU74
Posts: 1035
Hay beavs; BeaverBob is having a party at his house & is supplying the hooch.

--
Go Devils !!
Fork Off
0 permalink
6/12/2012 10:58:57 PM

Florida Beaver
Florida Beaver
Posts: 1216
ASU74 wrote:
Hay beavs; BeaverBob is having a party at his house & is supplying the hooch.


And since he is BeaverBob, he'll be supplying free beaver all night.
0 permalink
6/12/2012 11:06:03 PM

BeaverBob
BeaverBob
Posts: 1458
FB, I'll need somebody to check each beaver to make sure they are of age and that they have no communicable deseases. Can I count on you for this important job?

Florida Beaver wrote:
ASU74 wrote:
Hay beavs; BeaverBob is having a party at his house & is supplying the hooch.


And since he is BeaverBob, he'll be supplying free beaver all night.
0 permalink
6/13/2012 12:05:01 PM

ASU74
ASU74
Posts: 1035
BeaverBob wrote:
FB, I'll need somebody to check each beaver to make sure they are of age and that they have no communicable deseases. Can I count on you for this important job?

Florida Beaver wrote:
ASU74 wrote:
Hay beavs; BeaverBob is having a party at his house & is supplying the hooch.


And since he is BeaverBob, he'll be supplying free beaver all night.


You will have to add a GynoBeaver to y'all's Beaver List now.

HEPL WANTED
GynoBeaver
Must be an expert Beaver Diver.
Compensation based upon expierence.
Limited engagement. One nites work only.
Please send resume to BeaverBob.


--
Go Devils !!
Fork Off
0 permalink
6/13/2012 11:05:30 PM

BeaverBob
BeaverBob
Posts: 1458
A GynoBeaver -- great idea. However, we'll have to get the approval from Florida Beaver first. The job posting is a great idea. The question is -- what publications should we use to advertise?




ASU74 wrote:
BeaverBob wrote:
FB, I'll need somebody to check each beaver to make sure they are of age and that they have no communicable deseases. Can I count on you for this important job?

Florida Beaver wrote:
ASU74 wrote:
Hay beavs; BeaverBob is having a party at his house & is supplying the hooch.


And since he is BeaverBob, he'll be supplying free beaver all night.


You will have to add a GynoBeaver to y'all's Beaver List now.

HEPL WANTED
GynoBeaver
Must be an expert Beaver Diver.
Compensation based upon expierence.
Limited engagement. One nites work only.
Please send resume to BeaverBob.
0 permalink
6/13/2012 11:16:56 PM

BeaverBob
BeaverBob
Posts: 1458
I found a great publication while searching through the Journal of Human Resource Occupations. The publication is called "Looking for Beaver." It has been praised when you need a beaver lickety split.


BeaverBob wrote:
A GynoBeaver -- great idea. However, we'll have to get the approval from Florida Beaver first. The job posting is a great idea. The question is -- what publications should we use to advertise?




ASU74 wrote:
BeaverBob wrote:
FB, I'll need somebody to check each beaver to make sure they are of age and that they have no communicable deseases. Can I count on you for this important job?

Florida Beaver wrote:
ASU74 wrote:
Hay beavs; BeaverBob is having a party at his house & is supplying the hooch.


And since he is BeaverBob, he'll be supplying free beaver all night.


You will have to add a GynoBeaver to y'all's Beaver List now.

HEPL WANTED
GynoBeaver
Must be an expert Beaver Diver.
Compensation based upon expierence.
Limited engagement. One nites work only.
Please send resume to BeaverBob.
0 permalink
6/15/2012 6:03:30 PM

Dodger Matt
Dodger Matt
Posts: 2423
Bob, I think you probably haven't been watching the postseason games on ESPN video streams. Here's the source of my allusion. http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_embedded&v=N329wexl2Yg

Dodger Matt wrote:
BeaverBob wrote:
Out of respect for my good Duck Buddy, no cheering -- at least externally

BeaverBob and his Duck Buddy, after Duck Buddy returns from the men's room.

    Duck Buddy: What happened to my Fielder's Choice Hamburger? BeaverBob, did you take my Fielder's Choice Hamburger?

    BeaverBob: This one's got caramelized onions on it.

    Duck Buddy: Mine had caramelized onions on it.

    BeaverBob: Wow. How bout that?

    Disinterested Duck fan texting her mom and not watching the Ducks lose: Wow.



0 permalink
6/16/2012 1:39:48 AM

Florida Beaver
Florida Beaver
Posts: 1216
GynoBeaver? Sounds like a new foot long Subway Sandwich.

You certainly have my approval for entertaining the idea for this position. Please make sure the "open position" gets posted in the Beaver Association Quarterly. The elderly alums get pretty pissed off when they don't get the opportunity to apply for an open beaver position. In the "Looking for Beaver" publication, is that praise for when you need beaver lickety split, or when you need beaver split lickety? I mean it is just two words swapping places, but inference is 180 degrees opposite. These things are important to determine and set down in the bylaws before the alums get all riled up.

BeaverBob wrote:
I found a great publication while searching through the Journal of Human Resource Occupations. The publication is called "Looking for Beaver." It has been praised when you need a beaver lickety split.


BeaverBob wrote:
A GynoBeaver -- great idea. However, we'll have to get the approval from Florida Beaver first. The job posting is a great idea. The question is -- what publications should we use to advertise?




ASU74 wrote:
BeaverBob wrote:
FB, I'll need somebody to check each beaver to make sure they are of age and that they have no communicable deseases. Can I count on you for this important job?

Florida Beaver wrote:
ASU74 wrote:
Hay beavs; BeaverBob is having a party at his house & is supplying the hooch.


And since he is BeaverBob, he'll be supplying free beaver all night.


You will have to add a GynoBeaver to y'all's Beaver List now.

HEPL WANTED
GynoBeaver
Must be an expert Beaver Diver.
Compensation based upon expierence.
Limited engagement. One nites work only.
Please send resume to BeaverBob.
0 permalink
pages: 1.. 3 4 | show rated messages only | you must log in at the top of the page to post

Home » College Baseball Clubhouse » Pac-12 Super Regional Predictions





Powered by AspNetForum 6.9.9.0 © 2006-2010 Jitbit Software