Not a member yet?
Subscribe Now!

Perfect Game Forum

Messages in this topic - RSS

Home » College Baseball Clubhouse » Best day two matchups

Want to make your opinion heard or just chat about college baseball? This is your place.
show rated messages only | you must log in at the top of the page to post
6/1/2012 10:27:51 PM

Dodger Matt
Dodger Matt
These look like the top games on day two:
  • Clemson vs. South Carolina. Bitter archrivals in a regional matchup? Tops in my book.
  • CS Fullerton vs. Oregon. Horton's old team against Horton's new team. And with that come-from-behind nailbiter against Austin Peay, the Ducks didn't look that impressive.
  • Oregon State vs. LSU. Okay, homer pick here. Most people outside of Corvallis do not give the Beavers much of a chance against LSU behind Gausman, but I still think this will be a great game.
Another one that looks interesting: Oral Roberts and Dallas Baptist. After the Golden Eagles upset Baylor, either one of these teams could steal this regional with a critical win in game two.
0 permalink
6/1/2012 10:37:17 PM

Riverduck
Riverduck
Dodger Matt wrote:
These look like the top games on day two:
  • Clemson vs. South Carolina. Bitter archrivals in a regional matchup? Tops in my book.
  • CS Fullerton vs. Oregon. Horton's old team against Horton's new team. And with that come-from-behind nailbiter against Austin Peay, the Ducks didn't look that impressive.
  • Oregon State vs. LSU. Okay, homer pick here. Most people outside of Corvallis do not give the Beavers much of a chance against LSU behind Gausman, but I still think this will be a great game.
Another one that looks interesting: Oral Roberts and Dallas Baptist. After the Golden Eagles upset Baylor, either one of these teams could steal this regional with a critical win in game two.

Yeah.. after that game, I still feel we are swinging the bat better, but just not linking up, and hitting clutch 2 out hits like we usually do. We are in top form when that happens. I think we played our worst at Goss. We are still trying to find our form back. Keudell should have pitched. Dodged a major bullet. AP beat GT last year.. that should have been enough cue to start our #1. Look and UCLA, and Arizona- They threw their 1 versus inferior teams. Interesting how that will work out.
0 permalink
6/2/2012 7:20:43 AM

BeaverQuist
BeaverQuist
I'd throw NC State vs Vanderbilt in the mix as well as A&M vs Ole Miss.
0 permalink
6/2/2012 2:55:44 PM

Dodger Matt
Dodger Matt
SoCar takes a 2-0 lead on a 2-run homer by Adam Matthews.

One play in that game I definitely did not like. Clemson had bases loaded with nobody out. Batter hits a dribbler up the middle. Double-play that barely beat the runner at first, and the runners on second and third advanced. One run scored, right? No. Interference call on the guy sliding into second, whose left arm was up and brushed the shortstop's leg as the latter threw to first. Advancing runners go back. Two outs, no run scored, next batter grounds out (or flies out...can't remember).

I'm not a big fan of the way the "interference" rule is set up in the first place. If there is flagrant contact that prevents an out from being recorded--for example, if the guy in this scenario had jarred the SS and caused his throw to go akilter--then go ahead and call the runner at first out. But to send the other runners back? That is lame.

Some really good defensive plays so far.
0 permalink
6/2/2012 4:19:23 PM

Dodger Matt
Dodger Matt
This Clemson-SoCar game is pretty darn good. Tigers up 4-3 in the bottom of the 8th.
0 permalink
6/2/2012 4:55:16 PM

Dodger Matt
Dodger Matt
Great play at the plate to prevent the Cocks from wining in the bottom of the 9th. Doesn't sound like there are many fans here watching that game, but SoCar tied it at 4 with a single to center, and on the play, a second runner tried to win it, scoring from second. The throw was bad, but the catcher swiped at the runner, who went far out of his way to avoid the tag, and missed the plate. They both made a second attempt, and the catcher got him.

Best game of the day. Extra innings.
0 permalink
6/2/2012 5:44:55 PM

borgguy
borgguy
Dodger Matt wrote:
Great play at the plate to prevent the Cocks from wining in the bottom of the 9th. Doesn't sound like there are many fans here watching that game, but SoCar tied it at 4 with a single to center, and on the play, a second runner tried to win it, scoring from second. The throw was bad, but the catcher swiped at the runner, who went far out of his way to avoid the tag, and missed the plate. They both made a second attempt, and the catcher got him.

Best game of the day. Extra innings.

well... at least until the beavs shock LSU Big Grin

--
GO BEAVS!
0 permalink
6/2/2012 5:57:27 PM

Dodger Matt
Dodger Matt
Cocks win it in the bottom of the 12th, 5-4. Now THAT was a good college baseball game.
+1 permalink
6/2/2012 7:43:23 PM

Tommy Salami
Tommy Salami
One of the best games I've seen in a while, ecstatic to see my cocks win it. Heated rivals going at it in extras back And forth doesn't get much better than that. Don't think Clemson has the pitching depth to come back and beat us twice
0 permalink
show rated messages only | you must log in at the top of the page to post

Home » College Baseball Clubhouse » Best day two matchups