Not a member yet?
Subscribe Now!

Perfect Game Forum

Messages in this topic - RSS

Home » College Baseball Clubhouse » PG 64: Projecting the NCAA field (5.15)

Want to make your opinion heard or just chat about college baseball? This is your place.
show rated messages only | you must log in at the top of the page to post
5/15/2012 10:07:13 AM

Kendall
Kendall
Administrator
Posts: 7538
Here's our latest NCAA projections:

http://www.perfectgame.org/Articles/View.aspx?article=7012

--
Kendall Rogers, College Baseball Managing Editor
Follow me on Twitter at: http://twitter.com/#!/KendallRogersPG
Email me: mailto:kendall@perfectgame.org
0 permalink
5/15/2012 10:41:08 AM

GamecockBaseball
GamecockBaseball
Posts: 6
South Carolina dropped to the 8th national seed I see. This weekend is going to be huge.
0 permalink
5/15/2012 12:30:47 PM

FrogsMcGee
FrogsMcGee
Posts: 2
In terms of hosting, which of the host teams were the last in and which 2 seeds were the last out for this projection?
edited by FrogsMcGee on 5/15/2012
0 permalink
5/15/2012 2:20:29 PM

Riverduck
Riverduck
Posts: 2290
#3 seed projection.. wow, I am seriously freaked out that Oregon continues on its path. The bulk of tough opponents has evaporated, leaving them with a brutal make or break series in Oregon. We take the series, and we should end up the Kendall is predicting. Still can't lose more than two over the next eight. Crunch time.
0 permalink
5/15/2012 7:04:25 PM

Kendall
Kendall
Administrator
Posts: 7538
FrogsMcGee wrote:
In terms of hosting, which of the host teams were the last in and which 2 seeds were the last out for this projection?
edited by FrogsMcGee on 5/15/2012


Cal State Fullerton was the last NCAA Regional host ... the next two teams? Arizona and Central Florida.

--
Kendall Rogers, College Baseball Managing Editor
Follow me on Twitter at: http://twitter.com/#!/KendallRogersPG
Email me: mailto:kendall@perfectgame.org
0 permalink
5/15/2012 7:05:28 PM

Kendall
Kendall
Administrator
Posts: 7538
Riverduck wrote:
#3 seed projection.. wow, I am seriously freaked out that Oregon continues on its path. The bulk of tough opponents has evaporated, leaving them with a brutal make or break series in Oregon. We take the series, and we should end up the Kendall is predicting. Still can't lose more than two over the next eight. Crunch time.


Coach Horton has really done a tremendous job this season ..... extremely impressive to say the least.

--
Kendall Rogers, College Baseball Managing Editor
Follow me on Twitter at: http://twitter.com/#!/KendallRogersPG
Email me: mailto:kendall@perfectgame.org
0 permalink
5/15/2012 7:44:19 PM

SC Tiger
SC Tiger
Posts: 6
How is UGA a #2 seed and Maryland on the outside looking in given their resumes? Both have 10 wins vs the RPI top 50. UGA was swept by UCLA at home while MD took 2 of 3 in Los Angeles!! I understand that their conference record is 9-18 vs. 13-13 for UGA but what is UGA's best series win??? MD can claim series over UCLA and NCST, both locks to host and possibly both national seeds, as well as neutral site wins over Purdue and ECU. UGA has Ole Miss and.....nothing. Also lost 2 of 3 to another bubble team in GT. How on earth they are 2 seed is beyond me. Conference record is important but it simply can't mean that much. It defies all logic for that to be the difference in a 2-seed and out of the tournament.

And while we are discussing it, how is UGA seeded higher than GT? Top 50 wins, series wins, head-to-head again all go to GT.
0 permalink
5/16/2012 12:42:39 AM

Kendall
Kendall
Administrator
Posts: 7538
SC Tiger wrote:
How is UGA a #2 seed and Maryland on the outside looking in given their resumes? Both have 10 wins vs the RPI top 50. UGA was swept by UCLA at home while MD took 2 of 3 in Los Angeles!! I understand that their conference record is 9-18 vs. 13-13 for UGA but what is UGA's best series win??? MD can claim series over UCLA and NCST, both locks to host and possibly both national seeds, as well as neutral site wins over Purdue and ECU. UGA has Ole Miss and.....nothing. Also lost 2 of 3 to another bubble team in GT. How on earth they are 2 seed is beyond me. Conference record is important but it simply can't mean that much. It defies all logic for that to be the difference in a 2-seed and out of the tournament.

And while we are discussing it, how is UGA seeded higher than GT? Top 50 wins, series wins, head-to-head again all go to GT.


The biggest thing keeping Maryland out of the mix right now is the fact the Terps have such a bad conference record. If that record was a lot better, the Terps would probably be in the field. But not as it stands now. The same goes Georgia Tech and its iffy ACC record.

--
Kendall Rogers, College Baseball Managing Editor
Follow me on Twitter at: http://twitter.com/#!/KendallRogersPG
Email me: mailto:kendall@perfectgame.org
0 permalink
5/17/2012 7:05:23 AM

NolesFanJosh
NolesFanJosh
Posts: 127
If FSU wins 2 of 3 vs. NC State this weekend...lock up a Top 2 National Seed?
0 permalink
show rated messages only | you must log in at the top of the page to post

Home » College Baseball Clubhouse » PG 64: Projecting the NCAA field (5.15)





Powered by AspNetForum 6.9.9.0 © 2006-2010 Jitbit Software