Best Infield Arm: Sean Trent or Lance McCullers

Best Outfield Arm: Dereck Rodriguez or Auston Bousfield

Best Offspeed Stuff: Jose Fernandez or Hudson Boyd

Best Pitchability: Michael Kelly or Kyle Smith
0 permalink
3/6/2011 7:03:47 AM

cedislugger
cedislugger
Brandon sedell from american heritage is probably the purest hitter in state.Good power numbers and .612 avg,3a player of the year.
0 permalink
3/7/2011 2:38:52 AM

Power Alley
Power Alley
How does a kid like David Thompson from Westminster Christian not get mentioned among the best hitters in the state? He only broke the Dade county record and tied the state record for home runs last season as a sophomore.
0 permalink
3/7/2011 7:46:26 AM

bcollman
bcollman
Administrator
There were tons of tough decisions all around. Sedell and Thompson were a couple of the last few considered for Best Hitter For Average along with Bolles School IF Austin Slater.

Sedell and Thompson are both great hitters, no doubt. I went with Lindor for Best Hitter For Average because I thought his swing actions from both sides were quickest and cleanest, and he makes the most contact and gets a bonus for his ability to switch hit and speed to get infield and bunt hits.

Sedell has more of a power approach, hitting the ball out front with good loft and a high finish, he was one of the only players I considered for both hitting categories, an indication of his hitting tools.

Thompson had a huge year, without a doubt one of the best hitters in the state, he has shown great bat speed and power every time on the field. Being a year behind hitters like Vogelbach, Bichette, and Sedell I don't think he has the current strength to match their raw power, but his tremendous bat speed and athleticism are top notch. If I did an underclassmen top tools, Thompson vs. Addison Russell would be a great debate.
0 permalink
3/8/2011 9:30:58 PM

my man
my man
I guess you guys havent heard of Javier Baez... How can you leave him out!!
0 permalink
3/12/2011 7:31:29 AM

theskipper
theskipper
My Man,

That was my thought in a different topic. Perfect Game has Baez ranked 11th in the country and one of the top 4 position players in the entire country, as is Lindor. Any list like this from an area that has so much talent is going to be debated. Thats what makes this stuff so interesting and agree or not I'm glad Perfect Game is doing these things. This is great stuff!
0 permalink
show rated messages only | you must log in at the top of the page to post

Home » High School Baseball » Florida Best Tools