Not a member yet?
Subscribe Now!

Perfect Game Forum

Messages in this topic - RSS

Home » College Baseball Clubhouse » Pac-12 Predictions: Week 12

Want to make your opinion heard or just chat about college baseball? This is your place.
pages: 1 2 3 4 .. 8 | show rated messages only | you must log in at the top of the page to post
5/2/2012 7:25:43 PM

Dodger Matt
Dodger Matt
Blue UK-Ducks? From Dulwich? (Sounds like a happenin' town.)

Actually, a town in Oregon has a new sister city in the UK, with a name very much like the one above. And it looks like the descendant of the guy who founded the Oregonian city may be our very own Beaver Bob. (The names look similar anyway.) Check out this exciting story and tell me what you think.

RiverDuck, if you're reluctant to share Beaver abuse, I'm sure the Beavs on board would be willing to double it so you still get your usual amount. (I think we ought to ease Duckfan127 in a bit though. Give him a couple days' free pass at least.)
0 permalink
5/2/2012 7:28:08 PM

Dodger Matt
Dodger Matt
Duckfan127 wrote:
Or maybe a UO student hint hint

You'll all have to take my word for it, but I actually saw a guy in the supermarket today wearing a "Duck Baseball" t-shirt. If I had been thinking clearly I would have taken a photo of him with my cellphone, but he got away before I could gather my wits.

Honest!
0 permalink
5/2/2012 9:19:01 PM

Riverduck
Riverduck
Duckfan127 wrote:

Thanks for the clarification.. I am pretty jumpy when it comes to this crew. It is actually a fun board.. even when we are losing. I had many years of practice.. 2010 was a warm up for what is coming next. Hopefully we will keep piling up the non league wins, and take care of business in league. Would be nice if we can get 42+ wins..
0 permalink
5/2/2012 9:21:56 PM

Riverduck
Riverduck
Riverduck wrote:
Duckfan127 wrote:

Thanks for the clarification.. I am pretty jumpy when it comes to this crew. It is actually a fun board.. even when we are losing. I had many years of practice.. 2010 was a warm up for what is coming next. Hopefully we will keep piling up the non league wins, and take care of business in league. Would be nice if we can get 42+ wins..

FB gets cranky listening to us when we win. Tough to go to bed so late, watch the ducks win on our crappy online score keeper. At least the beavs have sportstracker. I would say get the ozone app for 3 bucks.. can listen to all the games wherever you are. Ozone live has been good.. lot of comcast game coverage.
0 permalink
5/2/2012 9:27:57 PM

Duckfan127
Duckfan127
Currently not in Eugene, but out of state doing a Baseball internship. And yeah our Gametracker is horrible.
0 permalink
5/2/2012 9:30:26 PM

BeaverBob
BeaverBob
I actually know Jim Hart well. While I have never been called Bob Boring, I have been called Boring Bob.

Dodger Matt wrote:
Blue UK-Ducks? From Dulwich? (Sounds like a happenin' town.)

Actually, a town in Oregon has a new sister city in the UK, with a name very much like the one above. And it looks like the descendant of the guy who founded the Oregonian city may be our very own Beaver Bob. (The names look similar anyway.) Check out this exciting story and tell me what you think.

RiverDuck, if you're reluctant to share Beaver abuse, I'm sure the Beavs on board would be willing to double it so you still get your usual amount. (I think we ought to ease Duckfan127 in a bit though. Give him a couple days' free pass at least.)
0 permalink
5/2/2012 9:34:02 PM

BeaverBob
BeaverBob
Duckfan127, it really is good to have another Duck on board. Riverduck is a pretty good guy, or maybe gal, we are not really sure. He/she nearly quit the board at the first part of the season after the Ducks lost a few games. Now, we can't get him/her to shut up

Duckfan127 wrote:
Currently not in Eugene, but out of state doing a Baseball internship. And yeah our Gametracker is horrible.

edited by BeaverBob on 5/2/2012
0 permalink
5/2/2012 10:35:38 PM

Florida Beaver
Florida Beaver
Riverduck wrote:
Riverduck wrote:
Duckfan127 wrote:

FB gets cranky listening to us when we win. Tough to go to bed so late, watch the ducks win on our crappy online score keeper. At least the beavs have sportstracker. I would say get the ozone app for 3 bucks.. can listen to all the games wherever you are. Ozone live has been good.. lot of comcast game coverage.

RD,

Did you really just call me cranky?!!?!?!?! Why you &#_#@! dam*)#)*!, if I wasn't in Florida i'D whoop your )(*#)#@* and then I'd take your carcass and )#_)(@# until you screamed for mercy you little (*&$9&@#*$ duckass $*&#@). HA. Me cranky. Right.

DF127,

Pay no attention to that over bloated creek bird. He'll ruin your reputation. Just associating with him on PG has drawn down my cool Florida factor by 6.72% in the last week. Why if I keep on, by baseball year's end, I'll be less popular than a duck in Corvallis after last year's CW in May. For real? RD's pretty cool. All the crap we give him for his genetic UO defects and he does pretty well for himself. Life would be much more boring without him on the boards. Welcome aboard DF, welcome aboard.
0 permalink
5/3/2012 5:32:20 AM

Rowdy
Rowdy
Ariz 3-0
Stan 3-0
UW 2-1
WSU 2-1
ASU 3-0
UCLA 2-1
0 permalink
5/3/2012 8:48:00 AM

borgguy
borgguy
Welcome DuckFan127!

Ore 2-1 this is going to be a great series
OSU 2-1 a little home cooking for the beavs gives them the slight edge here (mostly wishful thinking here)
USC 2-1
WSU 2-1 one year after making Omaha, Cal is now in danger of not making the post season
ASU 3-0 if Utah wins even one game I will be shocked
UCLA 2-1 probably the best OOC matchup of the season in Pac 12

not as bold as connor, but i feel good about these picks

--
GO BEAVS!
0 permalink
5/3/2012 9:13:38 AM

ASU74
ASU74
Welcome DuckFan127
Now Riverduck will not feel so lonely. Beavers beware...ya get two ducks together and soon they will produce a flock!
doggy style

--
Go Devils !!
Fork Off
0 permalink
5/3/2012 11:25:28 AM

Riverduck
Riverduck
ASU74 wrote:
Welcome DuckFan127
Now Riverduck will not feel so lonely. Beavers beware...ya get two ducks together and soon they will produce a flock!
doggy style

Well at least ducks can fly...
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sekLEG8xsOs&feature=fvwp&NR=1
0 permalink
5/3/2012 11:38:59 AM

ASU74
ASU74
Riverduck wrote:
ASU74 wrote:
Welcome DuckFan127
doggy style

Well at least ducks can fly...
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sekLEG8xsOs&feature=fvwp&NR=1

Very Cute.
I am in the Central Flyway for migrating waterfowl and the motto in the duck blind is "If it flys; it dies" I make a mean marinated BBQ Teal. Come on down to Houston & have some....Beavers are also invited.....guns, knives and baseball bats must be checked at the door.
edited by ASU74 on 5/3/2012

--
Go Devils !!
Fork Off
+1 permalink
5/3/2012 4:40:32 PM

cswanson2k7
cswanson2k7
Arizona 2-1
Stanford 2-1
USC 2-1
Cal 2-1
Arizona State 3-0
UCLA 2-1
0 permalink
5/3/2012 11:46:55 PM

Dodger Matt
Dodger Matt
Almost forgot to post my picks.

Ariz 2-1
OSU 2-1
USC 2-1
WSU 2-1
ASU 3-0
UCLA 2-1

Nothing special. And while I could pick up a few points if I win every series, not enough to make a dent. My picks are too close to the leaders'.
0 permalink
5/3/2012 11:57:27 PM

Dodger Matt
Dodger Matt
Pick analysis

This week's top two series have been voted closest, which should make for some excitement. Starting from the easiest first....
  • ASU is overwhelming favorite to pummel the Utes, 13/0 with 12 sweeps.
  • Second easiest by vote raised at least one of my eyebrows: UCLA 13/0 over Purdue with 5 sweeps. (This looks to me like the upset special. Surprised nobody gives Purdue a chance. Remember Maryland?)
  • USC 12/1 over UW with 2 sweeps was nearly a third unanimous vote to win.
  • Wazzu is a clear favorite over Cal, 11/2 with one sweep.
  • Arizona gets the nod over Oregon 10/3 with 4 sweeps, but the Ducks also got 1 sweep vote.
  • And this week's closest series should be Stanford 8/5 over Oregon State with 3 sweeps. It should be noted, however, that 4 of those 5 OSU votes are from OSU fans, so take that into consideration.
0 permalink
5/4/2012 6:21:53 AM

ASU74
ASU74
Kendall's picks from his column; College Weekend Preview:

[font=verdana]No. 10 Stanford at No. 23 Oregon State[/font]
[font=verdana]-- This important Pac-12 series has major implications not only in conference, but also on the national stage. The Cardinal has one of the nation’s top one-two punches on the weekend in left-handed pitcher Brett Mooneyham and right-handed pitcher Mark Appel, but both tend to go into lulls at times. Both must be exceptional this weekend against the Beavers, who desperately need a strong showing this weekend to improve their long-shot at most NCAA Regional hosting chances. -- PG Pick: OREGON STATE[/font]
[font=verdana]No. 7 Purdue at No. 14 UCLA[/font]
[font=verdana]-- In terms of actual implications on the national stage, it probably doesn’t get more important than this series. Though it’s being getting downplayed by Purdue coach Doug Schreiber for good reasons, there’s no question this series means everything to the Boilermakers. Should Purdue take care of business against the Bruins, there’s a very good chance it’s a national seed entering the postseason. For those of you scoring at home, the Big Ten has never had a national seed. -- PG Pick: PURDUE[/font]
[font=verdana]No. 13 Oregon at No. 9 Arizona
-- The Wildcats have quietly put together a very solid campaign this spring with ace right-handed pitcher Kurt Heyer leading the charge. Arizona needs some help from an RPI standpoint to get in the national seed mix, but things could change in its favor this weekend. The Wildcats must be great against the Ducks, who possess one of the nation’s best pitching staffs with a solid set of starters, led by Alex Keudell and Jake Reed. UO would solidify its position as a potential national seed with a series win, while the Wildcats would get more in the discussion. -- PG Pick: ARIZONA[/font]

--
Go Devils !!
Fork Off
0 permalink
5/4/2012 11:09:16 AM

Dodger Matt
Dodger Matt
Interesting that Kendall gives the Beavers the nod. Also, he lists Oregon State LHP Ben Wetzler vs. Stanford RHP Mark Appel as one of the pitching matchups to watch. Yes, that one should be good, and I sure hope Benny puts on his warpaint and comes out prepared to battle from inning one. But I'm personally more interested in the Saturday game, when southpaws Jace Fry and Brett Mooneyham square off.
0 permalink
5/4/2012 5:00:55 PM

Dodger Matt
Dodger Matt
TV broadcast of Saturday's OSU-Stanford game
    "Saturday’s game will be broadcast live on KEZI 9.2 (channel 309 digital) in the Corvallis/Eugene region and ROOT Sports in the rest of the Northwest. It can also be seen nationally on FCS channel 415 (Comcast)."
Does anyone know whether this will be viewable as a live stream over the internet someplace? My guess is no, but I thought I'd ask....
0 permalink
5/4/2012 5:59:10 PM

Riverduck
Riverduck
Dodger Matt wrote:
TV broadcast of Saturday's OSU-Stanford game
    "Saturday’s game will be broadcast live on KEZI 9.2 (channel 309 digital) in the Corvallis/Eugene region and ROOT Sports in the rest of the Northwest. It can also be seen nationally on FCS channel 415 (Comcast)."
Does anyone know whether this will be viewable as a live stream over the internet someplace? My guess is no, but I thought I'd ask....

Oh man.. I am having serious doubts about the OSU pick this week. I think they might just crush stanford. Having flashbacks to the ducks beavers series 10..
0 permalink
pages: 1 2 3 4 .. 8 | show rated messages only | you must log in at the top of the page to post

Home » College Baseball Clubhouse » Pac-12 Predictions: Week 12