Not a member yet?
Subscribe Now!

Perfect Game Forum

Messages in this topic - RSS

Home » College Baseball Clubhouse » PG 64: Projecting the NCAA field (4.24)

Want to make your opinion heard or just chat about college baseball? This is your place.
show rated messages only | you must log in at the top of the page to post
4/24/2012 12:13:15 PM

Kendall
Kendall
Administrator
here you go, gang:

http://www.perfectgame.org/Articles/View.aspx?article=6918

--
Kendall Rogers, College Baseball Managing Editor
Follow me on Twitter at: http://twitter.com/#!/KendallRogersPG
Email me: mailto:kendall@perfectgame.org
0 permalink
4/24/2012 1:28:37 PM

NussCoug
NussCoug
Quick question from a Washington State fan - what, in your eyes, separates WSU from the handful of teams in front of them? I'm thinking specifically about Washington and, to a lesser extent, USC. They have similar overall records, WSU sports the better Pac-12 record ... is it really just an RPI issue?
0 permalink
4/25/2012 11:59:51 PM

Dodger Matt
Dodger Matt
NussCoug wrote:
Quick question from a Washington State fan - what, in your eyes, separates WSU from the handful of teams in front of them? I'm thinking specifically about Washington and, to a lesser extent, USC. They have similar overall records, WSU sports the better Pac-12 record ... is it really just an RPI issue?

Nuss, check out the Pac-12 predictions threads for Pac-12 discussions. I linked to an article in this week's about the Pac-12's options. As the RPI needs report states, it looks like Wazzu has little room for error. It appears they must win the rest of their series (or go 9-6 over their remaining conference games). With ASU, Cal, @Stanford, OSU, and @UW, that's a tall order. USC and UW can play just over .500 ball and still be in the mix.

That's according to the RPI needs, and yes, this assessment is primarily based on RPI. IMO, Wazzu is a better team than USC and UW. Take care of ASU this weekend, and that will become apparent to others as well.
0 permalink
show rated messages only | you must log in at the top of the page to post

Home » College Baseball Clubhouse » PG 64: Projecting the NCAA field (4.24)