Not a member yet?
Subscribe Now!

Perfect Game Forum

Messages in this topic - RSS

Home » College Baseball Clubhouse » Pac-12 Predictions: Week 7

Want to make your opinion heard or just chat about college baseball? This is your place.
pages: 1 2 3 | show rated messages only | you must log in at the top of the page to post
3/30/2012 7:28:35 PM

BeaverBob
BeaverBob
Looks like games in Corvallis and Eugene have been postponed and rescheduled for tomorrow.
0 permalink
3/30/2012 9:39:24 PM

Dodger Matt
Dodger Matt
Stanford up 7-4 in the bottom of the 9th load the bases with free passes to Wildcats, then with one out give up two singles, the second one scoring three because of an error on the center fielder, and end up losing 8-7. Ouch.

That's exactly how the Cats came back on the Beavers all three games last weekend.
0 permalink
3/30/2012 9:41:33 PM

Dodger Matt
Dodger Matt
Also, EIGHT errors in that Stanford-UA game, 5 by the Cats. In 8 innings, Kurt Heyer allowed 7 runs, only 2 earned.
0 permalink
3/30/2012 10:33:11 PM

Dodger Matt
Dodger Matt
UCLA blasts Utah with 16 hits, blanking them 16-0. They scored in every inning but the 2nd and 9th, including a 4-run 3rd and a 5-run 8th.

Almost a bad a beating was what Cal took from the Longhorns, 13-3. After four innings, Texas led 10-0. Juston Jones only lasted 2.2 IP, giving up 8 runs (6 earned).

USC and Wazzu traded 5-run frames in the 6th in another sloppy game (4 Trojan errors, 2 Cougar errors) full of runs and more reminiscent of a Sunday game than a Friday night pairing of aces. Down 10-7 in the 9th, USC scored 8. USC doubled Wazzu in hits (20-10).
0 permalink
3/31/2012 2:46:53 PM

borgguy
borgguy
standings for this week after fridays games (yes they are back)
there are some potentially high scores as several people picked either the beavs or devils to sweep and neither team played thus giving more possible points. first number next to your name is most points you could get this week, second is the fewest. if two players are tied for most possible tiebreaker is fewest possible.

1 Beaverbob 29 4

2 Dodger Matt 28 7

3 ConnorOSU 28 6

t4 Florida Beaver 28 5
t4 OpihiMan 28 5

6 WCC1 27 6

t7 Borgguy 26 8
t7 Rowdy 26 8
t7 Cswanson2k7 26 8
t7 Most unknown 26 8

11 ASU 74 26 6

12 Wildcard85 25 7

13 FullertonBaseballFan 24 9

--
GO BEAVS!
0 permalink
3/31/2012 5:17:41 PM

Riverduck
Riverduck
Great start of this beautiful day.. beavs lose to the huskies, Ducks get a 4 hit shutout vs ASU. Will only be better if huskies and ducks win the series TODAY!!
0 permalink
3/31/2012 5:55:46 PM

BeaverBob
BeaverBob
Congrats RiverDuck. I hope I'm wrong, but I see the Ducks moving forward and the Beavs going backwards. One key diference I see between the teams in middle relievers and closers. I think having Horton act as the pitching coach has made a huge difference this year. The Beavs may have the worst pitching coach in the Country. The best example is how he brought Brocker into two games last weekend until Brocker got knocked out. Today, he should have brought Boyd into the game in the 8th.

Oh well, we'll see what happens in the second game.
Riverduck wrote:
Great start of this beautiful day.. beavs lose to the huskies, Ducks get a 4 hit shutout vs ASU. Will only be better if huskies and ducks win the series TODAY!!
0 permalink
3/31/2012 6:38:52 PM

Dodger Matt
Dodger Matt
Bob, I don't want to jump on Yeskie, but the Brocker episodes last week were horrible. After he gave away the lead in game one (that we barely got back), I was horrified to see him come back in game two. But he got out of the inning, and I thought, "Okay, he got his second chance and has rebuilt his confidence." But they sent him back out the next inning! And he got blasted and we lost. I don't know what is up with Tony Bryant lately. He's let a couple saves get away from him.
0 permalink
3/31/2012 6:59:59 PM

Riverduck
Riverduck
After that texas state drubbing, Our first two pitchers have combined to shutout one of the better hitting teams in the pac.. 18 inninigs shutout, 6 hit performance by reed and keudell. Solo home run the difference right now. I hope
Reed can finish the game..
As for the beavs, every week is different- you guys should pick up the series. I don't think Casey will let them lose two in a row. I was intimidated with his interview last week. This week if they lose the series.. I might want to tune out.
0 permalink
3/31/2012 7:02:08 PM

Riverduck
Riverduck
Riverduck wrote:
After that texas state drubbing, Our first two pitchers have combined to shutout one of the better hitting teams in the pac.. 18 inninigs shutout, 6 hit performance by reed and keudell. Solo home run the difference right now. I hope
Reed can finish the game..
As for the beavs, every week is different- you guys should pick up the series. I don't think Casey will let them lose two in a row. I was intimidated with his interview last week. This week if they lose the series.. I might want to tune out.

Garlick just hit his second homerun this game. Only runs of the game thus far. Thomas, Garlick, Healy and Jones have been the core of our team in the hitting department.
0 permalink
3/31/2012 7:18:01 PM

Riverduck
Riverduck
BeaverBob wrote:
Congrats RiverDuck. I hope I'm wrong, but I see the Ducks moving forward and the Beavs going backwards. One key diference I see between the teams in middle relievers and closers. I think having Horton act as the pitching coach has made a huge difference this year. The Beavs may have the worst pitching coach in the Country. The best example is how he brought Brocker into two games last weekend until Brocker got knocked out. Today, he should have brought Boyd into the game in the 8th.

Riverduck wrote:

you guys have the bats to contend with average pitchers. We have 3 good starters, 1 or two good relievers. Sherfy is kind of like wild thing in major league.. lol
0 permalink
3/31/2012 7:33:18 PM

Riverduck
Riverduck
Sherfy gave up a dinger top of nine, but struck out the last two.. Ducks win the series vs ASU.. Awesome.
0 permalink
3/31/2012 7:34:25 PM

BeaverBob
BeaverBob
RD, another win for the Ducks. You gus go up 2-0. The Beavs are hitting in the second game, but just haven't been able to get hits at the right time during the last 5-6 games. They have had leads in every game lately except the first game today against Washington, but can't hold on during the last few innings.

Riverduck wrote:
BeaverBob wrote:

Riverduck wrote:

you guys have the bats to contend with average pitchers. We have 3 good starters, 1 or two good relievers. Sherfy is kind of like wild thing in major league.. lol
0 permalink
3/31/2012 8:06:33 PM

BeaverBob
BeaverBob
The Cats are looking tough again today, up 1-0 after 6. However, as you noted DM, they seem to play better when they trail for most of the game.

Dodger Matt wrote:
Stanford up 7-4 in the bottom of the 9th load the bases with free passes to Wildcats, then with one out give up two singles, the second one scoring three because of an error on the center fielder, and end up losing 8-7. Ouch.

That's exactly how the Cats came back on the Beavers all three games last weekend.
0 permalink
3/31/2012 8:09:17 PM

Dodger Matt
Dodger Matt
Konner Wade is pitching a gem against the Cardinal. He's only allowed one runner, a hit batsman in the 2nd. Oh-- spoke too soon. I was going to say a no hitter through 5-plus innings, and Lonnie Kauppila got the Cardinal's first hit, a single to pitcher, according to GameTracker. I hope that wasn't a cheapass bunt. If it was a swinging bunt or a nubber that barely made it to the mound, then okay. But it's moot. Jake Stewart followed that with a double. Still, AZ clinging to a 1-0 lead.
0 permalink
3/31/2012 8:12:32 PM

Dodger Matt
Dodger Matt
Beavs up 7-0. I'm okay if Yeskie wants to bring Brocker in.
0 permalink
3/31/2012 8:34:34 PM

Riverduck
Riverduck
BeaverBob wrote:
RD, another win for the Ducks. You gus go up 2-0. The Beavs are hitting in the second game, but just haven't been able to get hits at the right time during the last 5-6 games. They have had leads in every game lately except the first game today against Washington, but can't hold on during the last few innings.

Riverduck wrote:
BeaverBob wrote:

Riverduck wrote:

Who needs middle relief, closer when you are ahead 9.. Be thankful you can string runs together.. I whitenuckle it every game..
0 permalink
3/31/2012 8:45:01 PM

BeaverBob
BeaverBob
Sounds like a real vote of confidence.

Dodger Matt wrote:
Beavs up 7-0. I'm okay if Yeskie wants to bring Brocker in.
0 permalink
3/31/2012 8:53:22 PM

BeaverBob
BeaverBob
Speaking of game tracker, my wife and daughter caught me watching gametracker of the Standford/Arizona game, listening to the Ducks game, watching and listening to the Beavers game online, and doing some work. My daughter just looked at me and asked me if I was retarded and then said I needed to get a life.

Dodger Matt wrote:
Konner Wade is pitching a gem against the Cardinal. He's only allowed one runner, a hit batsman in the 2nd. Oh-- spoke too soon. I was going to say a no hitter through 5-plus innings, and Lonnie Kauppila got the Cardinal's first hit, a single to pitcher, according to GameTracker. I hope that wasn't a cheapass bunt. If it was a swinging bunt or a nubber that barely made it to the mound, then okay. But it's moot. Jake Stewart followed that with a double. Still, AZ clinging to a 1-0 lead.

edited by BeaverBob on 3/31/2012
+2 permalink
3/31/2012 9:01:48 PM

Riverduck
Riverduck
Riverduck wrote:
Sherfy gave up a dinger top of nine, but struck out the last two.. Ducks win the series vs ASU.. Awesome.

Defense, pitching, timely home runs.. cold wet weather, all came together today in the ducks favor. ASU looked like they were more ready to rob a bank then play a college baseball game..lol- ski mask central.
edited by Riverduck on 3/31/2012
0 permalink
pages: 1 2 3 | show rated messages only | you must log in at the top of the page to post

Home » College Baseball Clubhouse » Pac-12 Predictions: Week 7