Not a member yet?
Subscribe Now!

Perfect Game Forum

Messages in this topic - RSS

Home » College Baseball Clubhouse » Gamecocks

Want to make your opinion heard or just chat about college baseball? This is your place.
| you must log in at the top of the page to post
3/21/2012 9:41:52 PM

Florida Beaver
Florida Beaver
After getting swept by UK this last weekend, USCe gets beat in 11 innings by a red hot 8-12 Wofford Terriers (who incidentally got beat by UK in their first game of the season 10-4) WTH? Does this create a question of the UK wins being as big of a thing as it seems? Have the gamecocks imploded? Didn't see or watch the game, but maybe someone who did can answer. I know, I know. It's a mid-week game that doesn't mean anything (or does it), but still, these are the B-T-B champs.
0 permalink
3/22/2012 1:02:14 AM

Dodger Matt
Dodger Matt
I don't know about SoCar. Teams go through bad spells. Look at Arizona right now. But the Gamecocks have some quality wins. This weekend against Florida will be interesting. I say they bounce back and play well, even if they don't take the series.

As for Kentucky, every year they go through their first 20 or 30 games with but a handful of losses and their fans start touting how great they are. Then SEC play begins and they fall to mediocrity. Yes, they swept the Gamecocks. But look at the rest of their (#188 SOS) schedule (ISRs in parens): Wofford (227), Eastern Michigan (197), SCUpstate (47), Buffalo (188), Morehead State (142), Xavier (194), Illinois-Chicago (166), Tennessee Tech (170), Marshall (186), Canisius (213), Wright State (158), Murray State (131). Seriously? http://www.d1baseball.com/schools/kentucky.htm. I bet they looked at South Carolina Upstate's ISR last year (211) and said hesitantly, "Okay...I guess we'll play you." Cuz that #47 is an ungodly high number for a UK opponent in the preseason.

Anyway I NEVER think Kentucky is as good as their fans say in the first half of the season. Let's see what their record is after they play Georgia, Ole Miss, Arkansas, and LSU. (Hint: I think they'll be at or under .500 in conference play by then.)
+1 permalink
3/22/2012 3:07:28 AM

OpihiMan
OpihiMan
I'm with you DM I'm sick of right coast teams scheduling cupcakes pre-conference...choking in conference but still receiving respect. Prove something...hats off to Stanford, sheesh!
+1 permalink
| you must log in at the top of the page to post