Not a member yet?
Subscribe Now!

Perfect Game Forum

Messages in this topic - RSS

Home » College Baseball Clubhouse » Is there a bigger rivalry today than SC\Clemson?

Want to make your opinion heard or just chat about college baseball? This is your place.
show rated messages only | you must log in at the top of the page to post
2/28/2011 11:05:23 AM

Yardcock96
Yardcock96
For baseball that is. There will be 3 packed houses this weekend again- 1 home game each and a neutral site. Both fanbases love their baseball and hate each other. Next question, when is Kendall going to head east and see this rivalry game up close?
0 permalink
2/28/2011 11:09:57 AM

UKBatCats
UKBatCats
Texas and Texas A&M?

Kentucky and UofL will be there one of these years.
0 permalink
2/28/2011 11:13:29 AM

Stork
Stork
Kentucky has to start winning games first.
0 permalink
2/28/2011 3:59:41 PM

hubbyb014
hubbyb014
i can guarantee you there is no bigger rivalry! these are two of the best programs over the past 10-15 years and have played each other on the nations biggest stage two different years

if youve never lived in the state you just couldnt even fathom the amount of hatred these two schools have for each other
0 permalink
2/28/2011 4:53:39 PM

Kendall
Kendall
Administrator
Yardcock96 wrote:
For baseball that is. There will be 3 packed houses this weekend again- 1 home game each and a neutral site. Both fanbases love their baseball and hate each other. Next question, when is Kendall going to head east and see this rivalry game up close?

I'm not going this year, but I went about three years ago .... very very intense. Went to the last year of the two-game series when Justin Smoak and the Gamecocks erupted for something like 14 runs in a 15 or 16-1 win.... it was a crazy day to say the least.

--
Kendall Rogers, College Baseball Managing Editor
Follow me on Twitter at: http://twitter.com/#!/KendallRogersPG
Email me: mailto:kendall@perfectgame.org
0 permalink
3/1/2011 8:38:26 AM

Spur-n-Omaha
Spur-n-Omaha
As much as I hate clemson I do respect their baseball program, although jack leg irritates me more than anyone in the game. This has been a heated series for a long time and I like the new set up with home and home, with the neutral game at Flour field. Last year I was disappointed with the way we played on Sunday but that was when the gamecocks seemed to turn it on last year. Actually my dad attended one game last year, clemson sunday, and he swears the reason we won the cws was because he stayed away.

This year the teams are as strong as ever and should make for a good weekend of baseball. Im especially looking forward to Roth taking the mound to renew the nightmare that he created for the tigers last year in Omaha.
0 permalink
3/1/2011 10:07:50 AM

Today? Nope...FSU/Miami has been pretty intense...but I'd put it a notch below SCar/Clem. And with Florida fast becoming a baseball 'power' on a more consistent basis, both the FSU/UF and UF/Miami rivalries could very well heat up. But for now, the stage is SCar and Clemson's.
0 permalink
3/1/2011 10:11:48 AM

NolesFanJosh
NolesFanJosh
Today? Nope...FSU/Miami has been pretty intense...but I'd put it a notch below SCar/Clem. And with Florida fast becoming a baseball 'power' on a more consistent basis, both the FSU/UF and UF/Miami rivalries could very well heat up. But for now, the stage is SCar and Clemson's.

Weird...I guess I somehow wasn't logged in despite actually being shown as logged in?!?? Strange.
0 permalink
3/1/2011 11:21:16 AM

MClements
MClements
Personally I don't think there is a bigger rivalry than South Carolina and Clemson... two top flight programs vying for hearts and minds in the state of South Carolina and Omaha.

I think college baseball could use some more conference battles - like SEC vs ACC for instance. I think UNC/Tenn, Clem/SC, GT/Auburn etc wold all be great...
0 permalink
3/1/2011 5:37:17 PM

Spur-n-Omaha
Spur-n-Omaha
Well there used to be a good SEC/ACC battle with uga vs gt but georgia decided to not field an entire pitching staff. I would love to play UNC but for some reason they dont want anything to do with us. Also I think that South Carolina is close to a deal to play nc state in 2013 at a neutral site on the border somewhere.
0 permalink
show rated messages only | you must log in at the top of the page to post

Home » College Baseball Clubhouse » Is there a bigger rivalry today than SC\Clemson?