Not a member yet?
Subscribe Now!

Perfect Game Forum

Messages in this topic - RSS

Home » College Baseball Clubhouse » PAC 11/12 Pre-Season

Want to make your opinion heard or just chat about college baseball? This is your place.
show rated messages only | you must log in at the top of the page to post
2/2/2012 4:05:00 PM

ASU74
ASU74
Well it is almost that time again. Someone give DM a shake & wake him up from the winter slumbers and let's start some prediction PT. Time for everyone to brag about how their team will do this year...too early for trash talk except probably the Oregon boys. It seems it is always open season for Ducks or Beavers depending upon your perspective.

For the Devils:
"ASU is ineligible for postseason this year after losing its appeal of that sanction. But the Sun Devils are eligible to compete for the inaugural Pac-12 title....USC football is a great template to use for a not giving in attitude," third-year ASU coach Tim Esmay said. "We still have the capability for people to talk about us at the end of the year."

Despite being ineligible for postseason play for a second consecutive season, USC football went 10-2 in 2011, finished No. 6 in the final Associated Press rankings and is rated as a national title contender going into the fall.
Fred
Go Devils
Fork Off

--
Go Devils !!
Fork Off
0 permalink
2/2/2012 10:24:53 PM

borgguy
borgguy
you know ASU was JUST thinking that myself today (already bought my tix to this years CW looking forward to a new year, and our new brethern out in the mountains this year. sad to hear about the devils being ineligable, but that means yall are playing for pride and have nothing to lose, which is going to make you even MORE dangerous than normal.

lets PLAY BALL!!

--
GO BEAVS!
0 permalink
2/6/2012 3:35:08 PM

Kendall
Kendall
Administrator
ASU,
Welcome to the board. I fully expect Arizona State to not skip a beat this season. I spoke with their coaches out in Anaheim at the Coaches convention, and they said the players were fully on board to having a big-time campaign.

Very interested to see how that pitching staff fairs outside of Brady Rodgers. Lots of potential, but a few question marks.

--
Kendall Rogers, College Baseball Managing Editor
Follow me on Twitter at: http://twitter.com/#!/KendallRogersPG
Email me: mailto:kendall@perfectgame.org
0 permalink
2/7/2012 12:22:26 AM

borgguy
borgguy
honestly dont know how the beavs are going to do this year, will have some pretty big shoes to fill, but a solid incoming class does leave room for optimism, as usual beavs will be top tier in conference, and may even win the auto bid (with ASU being ineligable) but its going to be a tough fight (we will get revenge on the Duckies though!)

--
GO BEAVS!
0 permalink
2/12/2012 6:54:18 AM

ASU74
ASU74
borgguy:
I guess it is just you & I for pre season prediction warm up till the rest of the Pac 12 prediction team figures out next Friday is opening weekend.
Fork Off

--
Go Devils !!
Fork Off
0 permalink
2/12/2012 7:46:05 AM

ASU74
ASU74
Here are your Pac 12 non-conference games for week 1. Predict how each team will do.

#11 Vanderbilt @ #4 Stanford (3)
Western Michigan @ #15 Arizona State (3)
North Dakota State @ #18 Arizona (3)
Maryland @ #20 UCLA (3)
#22 Oregon State @ UC Santa Barbara (4)
Pacific @ #26 California (3)
Washington State @ #34 Mississippi State (3)
Jacksonville @ Southern California (3)
Oregon @ Hawaii (4)
Utah @ UC Davis (4)
Washington @ San Diego State (3)

Good luck to all. Last year the Pac Prediction threads were among the most populat on this board, lets make it so again. This year we also get to welcome Utah fans.
Fork Off

--
Go Devils !!
Fork Off
0 permalink
2/12/2012 1:20:34 PM

Florida Beaver
Florida Beaver
ASU and Borguy,

Saw DM on Rivals a few weeks back. He said he was going to do OOC games and to get interest prior to conference games. I am hoping to see him in the next few days on here. If not, well it looks like we can start with us lonely beavers
0 permalink
2/12/2012 3:00:02 PM

Dodger Matt
Dodger Matt
ASU74 wrote:
Well it is almost that time again. Someone give DM a shake & wake him up from the winter slumbers and let's start some prediction PT. Time for everyone to brag about how their team will do this year...too early for trash talk except probably the Oregon boys. It seems it is always open season for Ducks or Beavers depending upon your perspective.

Okay, I'm awake. The countdown on the Beaver baseball page says 4 days and 23 hours.... I know that's cutting it close, but we're starting the predictions earlier this year than ever before, and I still need to work on my system.
0 permalink
2/14/2012 9:25:26 AM

FullertonBaseballFan
FullertonBaseballFan
STAN 2-1
ASU BREAKS OUT THE BROOMS
U OF A, BROOMS
UCLA, BROOMS
OSU 3-1
CAL, BROOMS
MSU 2-1
USC 2-1
OR/HI SPLIT
UT/UCD SPLIT
SDSU 2-1
0 permalink
2/14/2012 11:41:14 AM

ASU74
ASU74
Hay guys. DM is back. To make predictions, please see thread:
Pac-12 Predictions: Week 1 (plus overview BONUS!)

Go Devils
Fork Off
edited by ASU74 on 2/14/2012

--
Go Devils !!
Fork Off
0 permalink
show rated messages only | you must log in at the top of the page to post

Home » College Baseball Clubhouse » PAC 11/12 Pre-Season