Not a member yet?
Subscribe Now!

Perfect Game Forum

Messages in this topic - RSS

Home » High School Baseball » Radar Guns ...

High School Baseball Forum
show rated messages only | you must log in at the top of the page to post
8/31/2011 4:57:47 AM

McBulldog
McBulldog
Looking to buy a radar gun for my 16 year old son and was wondering if some of you could help out with opinions of which one would be best to purchase. I've talked to some people that I trust and they have a wide difference of opinion. I'm not really looking to spend $500+ for a gun but something reasonable.
The two guns that I've kind of been thinking about are the pocket radar, and probably the one I'm leaning towards is the Bushnell Speedster III.
Thanks in advance for any advice.
0 permalink
1/25/2012 11:56:24 AM

PTCcoach
PTCcoach
Busnell is pretty good and accurate within 1-2 MPH of the $$$ guns.They tend to become less consistent aft 1-2 yrs and getting jostled around . I've had very good success with glove radar also...goes on back of catchers mitt
Jeff
0 permalink
1/30/2012 10:37:03 AM

theskipper
theskipper
If you want a gun that is worthwhile, you will need to spend some $$$. Stalker is by far the best!
0 permalink
2/12/2012 8:57:47 AM

McBulldog
McBulldog
Thanks Skipper ... After looking in to it quite a bit, I bought a gun directly from Stalker back in Oct. They sell refurbished guns here - http://www.stalkerradar.com/sportsradar/clearance_center.html ... I bought the Stalker Sport shown in the upper right hand corner. The sales guy I talked with is named Paul Hataway ... great guy, took the time to answer my trillion questions and he really knows his bidness.
0 permalink
2/16/2012 10:13:02 AM

theskipper
theskipper
McBulldog, You're going to be happy with that gun.
0 permalink
3/10/2012 8:57:07 PM

Paul Lilek
Paul Lilek
Don't buy cheap guns like a Bushnell as you need to be within 5' appr of the catcher to work effectively. Cheap guns don't work behind the backstop area from any real distance.
0 permalink
3/10/2012 8:57:08 PM

Paul Lilek
Paul Lilek
Don't buy cheap guns like a Bushnell as you need to be within 5' appr of the catcher to work effectively. Cheap guns don't work behind the backstop area from any real distance.
0 permalink
3/10/2012 8:57:08 PM

Paul Lilek
Paul Lilek
0 permalink
3/10/2012 8:57:09 PM

Paul Lilek
Paul Lilek
0 permalink
show rated messages only | you must log in at the top of the page to post

Home » High School Baseball » Radar Guns ...