Not a member yet?
Subscribe Now!

Perfect Game Forum

Messages in this topic - RSS

Home » College Baseball Clubhouse » COACHES: Our in-depth look at 20 best jobs done

Want to make your opinion heard or just chat about college baseball? This is your place.
show rated messages only | you must log in at the top of the page to post
7/14/2011 12:40:11 AM

Kendall
Kendall
Administrator
Here's our inside look at the 20-best jobs done in 2011:

http://www.perfectgame.org/Articles/View.aspx?article=6027

--
Kendall Rogers, College Baseball Managing Editor
Follow me on Twitter at: http://twitter.com/#!/KendallRogersPG
Email me: mailto:kendall@perfectgame.org
0 permalink
7/14/2011 7:19:37 AM

weg313
weg313
K, IMO, "best" coaching jobs for a given year should not be based on overalll standings or even finish, as many of these programs were loaded with upperclass returning talent and fully expected to be elite teams in 2011. Vandy, UVA, UT, Stanford, FSU and ASU were all consensus preseason Top 10. Coaches deserving of top billing for a given year are those who achieved the unexpected (e.g., Esquier, Fox, Childress, Casey, Heefner) or those who, through great coaching and player development, managed to overcome severe injury woes (e.g., Rice/Graham, amongst several others). Why in the world is Augie on a "best coaching" list for 2011? They were preseason consensus Top 10....sufferred almost no injuries to key personnel...yet finished slightly below where everyone expected them to finish?

--
In Wayne Graham we trust.
0 permalink
7/14/2011 9:21:32 PM

Colonel33
Colonel33
Weg I agree. Come one Kendall get off those guys n----. O'Sullivan, Garrido, and Corbin were suppose to get there. Florida and Vandy were freaking loaded. I think Esquer, Cohen and Heefner did the best. Tanner also did an awesome job.
0 permalink
show rated messages only | you must log in at the top of the page to post

Home » College Baseball Clubhouse » COACHES: Our in-depth look at 20 best jobs done