Not a member yet?
Subscribe Now!

Perfect Game Forum

Messages in this topic - RSS

Home » College Baseball Clubhouse » Anybody Watching the Anteaters on ESPN3?

Want to make your opinion heard or just chat about college baseball? This is your place.
show rated messages only | you must log in at the top of the page to post
6/13/2011 3:40:43 PM

1whoknows
1whoknows
Who's calling the game on ESPN3? These guys are clearly pulling for Virginia.

I hope the Anteaters break the game open and silence these guys.
0 permalink
6/13/2011 3:45:51 PM

1whoknows
1whoknows
Now they're blaming yesterday's loss on the rain delay. Give me a break.
0 permalink
6/13/2011 4:36:59 PM

jdh008
jdh008
Mike Gleason and Mike Rooney are calling the game. They are two of the better ones ESPN has. I just got home to flip the game on and it looks like it has been a fun one. It's on ESPN2 as well, for those interested.

I don't know that the announcer are rooting for Virginia necessarily. I just think they know much more about their program since they are more high-profile, particularly with them being the #1 team in the nation for much of the season. When announcers have limited knowledge of the teams playing, they tend to go back time and time again to the things they know best. In this case, I just think they know more about Virginia, so they keep talking about them.

--
TheFanManifesto.com
0 permalink
6/13/2011 4:43:46 PM

1whoknows
1whoknows
Good points. It's been a well played game. May the best team win.

What are your thoughts on the ASU/Texas game yesterday? The balk call and the rally killing mistake the umps made were unreal.
0 permalink
6/13/2011 5:43:53 PM

Out of Conference
Out of Conference
1whoknows wrote:

What are your thoughts on the ASU/Texas game yesterday? The balk call and the rally killing mistake the umps made were unreal.

I don't know about the other supposed mistakes because I didn't watch the whole game, but the balk call looked real iffy to me. I'm no expert and my school doesn't have a campus in Omaha, so maybe someone else knows better.
0 permalink
6/13/2011 6:30:32 PM

jdh008
jdh008
1whoknows wrote:

The umpiring was horrid. The balk call was real iffy, but I can at least see how that call was made. The interference call was completely bogus. Not only was there no real interference on the play, but there shouldn't have even been a chance for interference. The runner is entitled to second base on the walk. The UT catcher threw down when he didn't have to and drew "interference."

--
TheFanManifesto.com
0 permalink
6/13/2011 7:41:22 PM

Wahoo2012
Wahoo2012
Was at the game. Absolutely amazing. Only in college baseball!
0 permalink
show rated messages only | you must log in at the top of the page to post

Home » College Baseball Clubhouse » Anybody Watching the Anteaters on ESPN3?