Not a member yet?
Subscribe Now!

Perfect Game Forum

Messages in this topic - RSS

Home » College Baseball Clubhouse » Beavers/Dores

Want to make your opinion heard or just chat about college baseball? This is your place.
show rated messages only | you must log in at the top of the page to post
6/10/2011 6:33:32 PM

Dodger Matt
Dodger Matt
Wow, Sammy has four walks already. A 4-0 hole is gonna be hard to climb out of.

Yes, sorry. I just realized that.
edited by Dodger Matt on 6/10/2011
0 permalink
6/10/2011 6:36:22 PM

Out of Conference
Out of Conference
You mean the 'Dores?
0 permalink
6/10/2011 7:11:32 PM

Dodger Matt
Dodger Matt
Well, that's pretty much it. 8-0 and Sammy's totally not on his game tonight. The only hope is the Beavers show a little offense and build some confidence heading into tomorrow's game.

Very disappointing.
0 permalink
6/10/2011 7:57:43 PM

MostUnknown
MostUnknown
This is brutal. 11-0 now.
0 permalink
6/11/2011 1:46:22 AM

Neutral Arbiter
Neutral Arbiter
That Vandy crowd is extremely supportive of it's boys. Wish the PAC drew like that ALL the time.
0 permalink
6/11/2011 10:56:35 AM

borgguy
borgguy
time to channel the 06 club, and the team that after losing 18-0 to start the year @ arizona reeled off like 12 straight wins...

--
GO BEAVS!
0 permalink
6/11/2011 11:29:43 AM

Out of Conference
Out of Conference
Dodger Matt wrote:
Wow, Sammy has four walks already. A 4-0 hole is gonna be hard to climb out of.

Yes, sorry. I just realized that.
edited by Dodger Matt on 6/10/2011

Vol fans the world over are feeling all uppity today because you confused them with the smart kids. Toast
0 permalink
6/11/2011 12:47:27 PM

Wahoo2012
Wahoo2012
Good luck to the beavers tonight! I will be cheering for them for all of you.
0 permalink
6/11/2011 9:21:12 PM

OpihiMan
OpihiMan
The only thing uglier than the way the Beavs are playing is the crowd...I can't recall watching ANY sporting event and seeing more hideous or geriatric people. Is that a fair indication of the population of Tennesee?
0 permalink
6/11/2011 9:32:34 PM

hogfan4life
hogfan4life
Atleast their old people go to the games. I don't think your team is playing bad you're just getting beat by a fantastic baseball team.
0 permalink
6/11/2011 9:37:31 PM

OpihiMan
OpihiMan
I won't argue that Vandy is great...but this isn't Beaver baseball. Gaviglio was as bad as he's been all year, stranding runners, poor fielding. I wasn't as optimistic as the other Beaver fans and predicted a Vandy win but I thought we'd put up a little more of a fight.
0 permalink
6/11/2011 9:38:37 PM

BeaverBeliever20
BeaverBeliever20
hogfan4life wrote:
Atleast their old people go to the games. I don't think your team is playing bad you're just getting beat by a fantastic baseball team.

Disagree on the Beavers not playing well. They've had so many chances and have blown them and their pitchers have walked the house and served up hittable pitches. Vandy is fantastic though. Beavers can't play like this and expect to have a shot to beat Vandy on the road. The Beavers needed to bring their A game but it hasn't happened. Vandy is showing why they're one of the nations best.
0 permalink
6/11/2011 9:39:55 PM

MostUnknown
MostUnknown
Called it in another thread, Beav's were walking into a buzzsaw.
0 permalink
6/11/2011 9:54:40 PM

BeaverBob
BeaverBob
MostUnknown wrote:
Called it in another thread, Beav's were walking into a buzzsaw.

Think I saw a stat somewhere that the home team in the SRs win 85% of the time. If you factor in the travel, the heat and humidity, and the home field advantages, the Beavs needed to play their best games of the year. Next to the losing stretch before regionals, they have probably played thier worst ball of the year.

I've been fascinated that Casey hasn't really played any small ball.
0 permalink
6/11/2011 9:57:38 PM

BeaverBob
BeaverBob
Where is the singing Fat Lady. I don't know if I can watch anymore.
0 permalink
6/11/2011 10:02:40 PM

BeaverBob
BeaverBob
Susac has looked downright silly trying to hit the ball the last couple of days. He has really struggled since he came back from his surgery. For that matter, so have the Beavs. It seems like their skid started when Susac and Rodriquez came back. I wonder how much their comeback messed with the chemistry of the team.
edited by BeaverBob on 6/11/2011
0 permalink
6/11/2011 11:05:59 PM

MostUnknown
MostUnknown
Vandy: 46. Opponents: 7. Say what you will about who they've played or whether other teams played to their potential, but that's a beatdown.
+1 permalink
6/11/2011 11:36:33 PM

Dodger Matt
Dodger Matt
Sad ending to a better than expected season. The Beavers clearly did not play in this super regional the way they typically played. Not saying Vandy was not good; they were. But Oregon State was not playing well, and that's a shame. But congratulations to the Dores and enjoy your first trip to Omaha.
0 permalink
6/12/2011 3:02:24 AM

Florida Beaver
Florida Beaver
Congrats Vandy. Clearly, the better team is going to Omaha.

Riverduck (I think it was him) was right when he said we peaked too early. I think we peaked too much too early. A couple of the sweeps we had, conference-wise, made us over-confident and when we cruised through the middle, winning our series, I think some of the basic baseball tenents went away. Not only from the players, but some of the coaches made some pretty bone-headed decisions too. When Rodriguez and Susac came back, being rusty along with the rest of the team was, too much overload. The team had gotten used to the set-up without them, and while not playing at the blow out level, were winning their games by staying focased and playing well. I also think sweeping the regional against less than stellar teams gave the Beavs an over-inflated sense of accomplishment. Vandy set the Beavs so far back on their heels, they ended up on their collective asses.

However, this team once again, against all the "knowledgeable" baseball guru predictions, did so much without the "high end talent" that one MUST be impressed with their ability to do so well over the course of the year. Everything else aside, the Beavs went to a super regional. They deserved to be there and there are around 224 other college teams that cannot say they were there.

Congrats on a spectacular season Oregon State. You looked and played spectacularly all year. Unfortunately at the end, you looked like the Ducks in post season football. Freakin duckitis will kill ya every time.
edited by Florida Beaver on 6/12/2011
0 permalink
show rated messages only | you must log in at the top of the page to post

Home » College Baseball Clubhouse » Beavers/Dores