Not a member yet?
Subscribe Now!

Perfect Game Forum

Messages in this topic - RSS

Home » College Baseball Clubhouse » Upsets

Want to make your opinion heard or just chat about college baseball? This is your place.
pages: 1 2 | show rated messages only | you must log in at the top of the page to post
6/5/2011 2:39:03 PM

jdh008
jdh008
Dodger Matt wrote:
Texas hits a walk-off bases-loaded single in the bottom of the 9th to avid a second consecutive upset, defeating Texas State 4-3.

Kent State has to play like there is no tomorrow. If Texas forces a game tomorrow, I think they win it. Too often, teams fall into the thinking that "oh well, if we drop this one, there's always tomorrow." Even if this is thought subconsciously, it's a dangerous way to think.

--
TheFanManifesto.com
0 permalink
6/5/2011 4:15:52 PM

Dodger Matt
Dodger Matt
I agree. Plus it looks like a rain delay in Houston, and I heard the Texas announcers say the weather was coming their way. Does that help the home teams under fire (Texas and Rice)?

TCU is the first #1 seed to be defeated.
0 permalink
6/5/2011 4:25:11 PM

tcu_lusch
tcu_lusch
Oral Roberts beats TCU 8-4...DBU and Oral Roberts will meet tonight.
0 permalink
6/5/2011 6:09:15 PM

jdh008
jdh008
tcu_lusch wrote:

Kinda neat that one of these two programs will be in the Super Regional.

--
TheFanManifesto.com
0 permalink
6/5/2011 8:43:57 PM

Dodger Matt
Dodger Matt
jdh008 wrote:
tcu_lusch wrote:

Yeah, I have nothing against TCU nor any allegiance to either of these two upstarts, but when I have no dog in a particular fight, I tend to pull for the underdog, and ORU and DBU for a long time have been on my underdog radar.
0 permalink
6/5/2011 10:14:44 PM

Dodger Matt
Dodger Matt
More upsets...
  • Georgia Tech Yellow Jackets lose their own regional to Miss State, not even forcing a final winner-take-all game.
  • CS Fullerton loses its regional to Big Ten's Illinois, thus virtually ensuring another Pac-10 advance, with Stanford.
0 permalink
6/6/2011 6:46:55 AM

tcu_lusch
tcu_lusch
jdh008 wrote:
tcu_lusch wrote:

I agree...I have a lot of respect for both of these programs. TCU plays both of these teams pretty much every year, and they both play the game the right way.

I think Dallas Baptist wins the game tonight to advance to the super regionals, which will be against Baylor of California. Both of these would be very winnable series for Dallas Baptist. It would be awesome to see the Patriots make Omaha.
0 permalink
6/6/2011 7:54:06 PM

Dodger Matt
Dodger Matt
Texas takes two in a row from Kent State to avoid being the third Texas #1 seed to be upset at home. Still have to see what aTm does.

One that really surprised me was Connecticut taking two straight from Clemson, 7-6 yesterday and 14-1 today. OMG
0 permalink
6/6/2011 8:03:14 PM

Carolina Mike
Carolina Mike
Clemson losing 2 in a row to U Conn, especially getting spanked tonite 14-1 in a game they never were involved at all.

--
Baseball is like church....many attend but few understand.
0 permalink
6/6/2011 8:06:22 PM

Carolina Mike
Carolina Mike
Clemson getting drilled by U Conn 14-1 ? Losing two nights in a row? Wow!!!!!

--
Baseball is like church....many attend but few understand.
0 permalink
pages: 1 2 | show rated messages only | you must log in at the top of the page to post