Not a member yet?
Subscribe Now!

Perfect Game Forum

Messages in this topic - RSS

Home » College Baseball Clubhouse » PREVIEW: Looking at the Charlottesville Regional

Want to make your opinion heard or just chat about college baseball? This is your place.
show rated messages only | you must log in at the top of the page to post
6/1/2011 12:56:11 AM

Kendall
Kendall
Administrator
Here's our inside look at the Charlottesville Regional.

http://www.perfectgame.org/Articles/View.aspx?article=5769

--
Kendall Rogers, College Baseball Managing Editor
Follow me on Twitter at: http://twitter.com/#!/KendallRogersPG
Email me: mailto:kendall@perfectgame.org
0 permalink
6/1/2011 6:45:10 AM

eagleboy415
eagleboy415
If East Carolina wins their first game, look out. They'll have Maness on the mound against Virginia and their bats have heated up as of late.
0 permalink
6/1/2011 8:15:18 AM

Virginia will more than likely throw Roberts against Navy because they are a second tier team. Hultzen will be saved for the winner of St Johns/ECU. I will take Hultzen over Maness any day of the week and then Wilson will be pitching Sunday. Hopefully the Hoos can win this thing in 3 games
0 permalink
6/1/2011 8:20:26 AM

eagleboy415
eagleboy415
Hultzen is good, but he tends to have a bad outing every now and then(UNC and Miami). ECU lost 2/3 to UVA earlier this year, and on of those was by 1 run.
0 permalink
6/1/2011 8:26:47 AM

Wahoo2012
Wahoo2012
That is True but Hultzen gave up 5 runs in the first against Miami and shut them out and against UNC went 7 i believe with 2 runs. Still not bad.... I was at the ECU games earlier this year and am excited to see how they have improved. I am guessing by your name that you are a Southern Miss fan...Good luck
0 permalink
6/1/2011 8:27:07 AM

Wahoo2012
Wahoo2012
No sarcasm is meant there btw
0 permalink
6/1/2011 10:09:55 AM

eagleboy415
eagleboy415
None taken. I wish y'all luck too! I think Virginia will come out on top, but I also think ECU could pose a challenge.
0 permalink
6/1/2011 12:50:07 PM

ecukid79
ecukid79
eagleboy415 wrote:
None taken. I wish y'all luck too! I think Virginia will come out on top, but I also think ECU could pose a challenge.

appreciate the positive support eagleboy. Good luck in your regional as well.
This is going to be very difficult for ECU. We're gonna have to deal with Kyle Hansen first on Friday. We are throwing Mike Wright to counter. If we win that one, we will then have to deal with Hultzen, who struck us out 15 times (IIRC) earlier this season. We may throw Maness in that game.....Brandt is also a possibility. Depends on how Friday goes (how many pitchers we use, etc). Billy Godwin was on Pirate Radio last night and said he would take it game by game, playing things by ear. But St. John's will certainly be tough on Friday. Have to get through that one first.
0 permalink
show rated messages only | you must log in at the top of the page to post

Home » College Baseball Clubhouse » PREVIEW: Looking at the Charlottesville Regional