Not a member yet?
Subscribe Now!

Perfect Game Forum

Messages in this topic - RSS

Home » College Baseball Clubhouse » Easiest Road Ever...

Want to make your opinion heard or just chat about college baseball? This is your place.
pages: 1 2 | show rated messages only | you must log in at the top of the page to post
5/30/2011 8:52:02 PM

fsugeo
fsugeo
Posts: 39
shoelessT wrote:
FSU. Wow just wow. Committee still wants Martin to get that championship.

Wow. I'm shocked by this...

You say the same thing every year. FSU does not have the easiest road to Omaha, even if you say it over and over again.
0 permalink
5/31/2011 11:36:08 AM

FV4Heels
FV4Heels
Posts: 56
Correct me if I'm wrong, don't both these teams have identical records? If that is the case, wouldn't you award the higher seed to the team with a better RPI? UNC had a better home, road, AND a better neutral field record the SC. SC had 2 more conference wins. I guess it's because you beat UF and Vandy. Well we SWEPT UVA (the number one seed) and took 2 of three from FSU at FSU (the number five seed). I guess that doesn't count though. BTW, we also SWEPT Clemson whose hosting this week and went to CA and beat CSF as well. The only team hosting this week we played and didn't win the series was GT. Going 10-3 against regional hosts and 5-1 and one against national seeds ain't bad.
0 permalink
5/31/2011 12:05:44 PM

Yardcock96
Yardcock96
Posts: 22
FV4Heels wrote:
Correct me if I'm wrong, don't both these teams have identical records? If that is the case, wouldn't you award the higher seed to the team with a better RPI? UNC had a better home, road, AND a better neutral field record the SC. SC had 2 more conference wins. I guess it's because you beat UF and Vandy. Well we SWEPT UVA (the number one seed) and took 2 of three from FSU at FSU (the number five seed). I guess that doesn't count though. BTW, we also SWEPT Clemson whose hosting this week and went to CA and beat CSF as well. The only team hosting this week we played and didn't win the series was GT. Going 10-3 against regional hosts and 5-1 and one against national seeds ain't bad.

Why are you making this a SC vs. NC thing? Because SC fans are barking the loudest? Vandy ought to be seeded ahead of UNC as well.
0 permalink
5/31/2011 2:55:31 PM


Guest
I wasn't focused on Vandy because of what you said. It seemed as though you were pressing the case for only USC. I am looking at just the hosts for this week including tournament games. USC 6-5, Vandy 4-5, UNC 10-4. IMO, that's why we were seeded so high. #2 seed Florida even has a losing record 5-6 against teams hosting this weekend. Yes we had bad losses. Most teams do, but we've got a heck of a lot of great wins. Who else besides UVA at 9-5 has as many wins against regional hosts? Are we a three or a six? Does it really matter? No, like I said, it won't mean any thing unless we win.
0 permalink
5/31/2011 3:36:42 PM

shoelessT
shoelessT
Posts: 118
fsugeo wrote:
shoelessT wrote:
FSU. Wow just wow. Committee still wants Martin to get that championship.

Wow. I'm shocked by this...

You say the same thing every year. FSU does not have the easiest road to Omaha, even if you say it over and over again.


ummm, ok. FSU has UCF, Bama, and Bethune. Come on. Then in Supers they get a team who just lost their best player. But keep telling yourself its so hard. Texas and UNC also got pretty good roads.
0 permalink
5/31/2011 4:16:16 PM

Tommy Salami
Tommy Salami
Posts: 35
I wasn't focused on Vandy because of what you said. It seemed as though you were pressing the case for only USC. I am looking at just the hosts for this week including tournament games. USC 6-5, Vandy 4-5, UNC 10-4. IMO, that's why we were seeded so high. #2 seed Florida even has a losing record 5-6 against teams hosting this weekend. Yes we had bad losses. Most teams do, but we've got a heck of a lot of great wins. Who else besides UVA at 9-5 has as many wins against regional hosts? Are we a three or a six? Does it really matter? No, like I said, it won't mean any thing unless we win.




Sorry buddy but UNC lost FOUR series this season. Yes FOUR. Yes you had some good wins but you got swept by NC state I mean come on and you lost a series to bottom feeder Wake Forest. Im sorry but if you lose 4 series like that you should not be ahead of a team that only lost 1 series all year and also had 2 series wins against national seeds as well.
0 permalink
5/31/2011 4:18:31 PM

Tommy Salami
Tommy Salami
Posts: 35
In addition, SC also had a better conference record and a better record vs the top 50.
0 permalink
5/31/2011 4:27:14 PM

ucfalum08
ucfalum08
Posts: 42
And yet the Tallahassee Regional isn't one of the four easiest, according to Kendall.
0 permalink
5/31/2011 4:33:22 PM

shoelessT
shoelessT
Posts: 118
ucfalum08 wrote:
And yet the Tallahassee Regional isn't one of the four easiest, according to Kendall.



There road to Omaha is the easiest. Period. Regionals and Supers combined, FSU has easiest road. I don't think its even close.
0 permalink
5/31/2011 5:28:56 PM

fsugeo
fsugeo
Posts: 39
shoelessT wrote:
ucfalum08 wrote:
And yet the Tallahassee Regional isn't one of the four easiest, according to Kendall.



There road to Omaha is the easiest. Period. Regionals and Supers combined, FSU has easiest road. I don't think its even close.
Of course you don't because you can't be objective. You don't like FSU and therefore have to take a shot at them at every turn.


FSU is paired with a team that if they didn't lose their #1 pitcher would be a national seed. Even without their #1 pitcher they swept through the Big 12 tournament, but ok it is the easiest path to Omaha.

Good luck finding people who cover NCAA nationally to agree that the Tallahassee regional is the easiest.
0 permalink
5/31/2011 5:32:06 PM

shoelessT
shoelessT
Posts: 118
fsugeo wrote:
shoelessT wrote:
ucfalum08 wrote:
And yet the Tallahassee Regional isn't one of the four easiest, according to Kendall.



There road to Omaha is the easiest. Period. Regionals and Supers combined, FSU has easiest road. I don't think its even close.
Of course you don't because you can't be objective. You don't like FSU and therefore have to take a shot at them at every turn.


FSU is paired with a team that if they didn't lose their #1 pitcher would be a national seed. Even without their #1 pitcher they swept through the Big 12 tournament, but ok it is the easiest path to Omaha.

Good luck finding people who cover NCAA nationally to agree that the Tallahassee regional is the easiest.


Dude I have always said that your one of the few FSU fans whose opinion I take seriously. Where did this come from? I said FSU has an easy path to Omaha. They do! They also had an extremely tough regional 2 years ago when Zack Cox and Arkansas came to town. This year it just happens to be easy. Its ok.
0 permalink
5/31/2011 5:47:16 PM

fsugeo
fsugeo
Posts: 39
shoelessT wrote:
fsugeo wrote:
shoelessT wrote:
ucfalum08 wrote:
And yet the Tallahassee Regional isn't one of the four easiest, according to Kendall.



There road to Omaha is the easiest. Period. Regionals and Supers combined, FSU has easiest road. I don't think its even close.
Of course you don't because you can't be objective. You don't like FSU and therefore have to take a shot at them at every turn.


FSU is paired with a team that if they didn't lose their #1 pitcher would be a national seed. Even without their #1 pitcher they swept through the Big 12 tournament, but ok it is the easiest path to Omaha.

Good luck finding people who cover NCAA nationally to agree that the Tallahassee regional is the easiest.


Dude I have always said that your one of the few FSU fans whose opinion I take seriously. Where did this come from? I said FSU has an easy path to Omaha. They do! They also had an extremely tough regional 2 years ago when Zack Cox and Arkansas came to town. This year it just happens to be easy. Its ok.
I don't blow smoke. We don't have the hardest regional in the country, but it is solid. UCF is not a soft #2. The #2 seed at Texas is 35 in the RPI and 1-9 against the RPI Top 50. The #3 seed in Tallahassee is 36 in the RPI.

Without even looking deeper than that the Austin regional is easier.

The College Station regional has a softer #2 than Tallahassee and the #3 seed has a RPI of 59 and is 5-6 against the Top 50.

I think you can be reasonable, but if you think FSU has the easiest road over you're just not being objective.
0 permalink
5/31/2011 8:42:50 PM

shoelessT
shoelessT
Posts: 118
fsugeo wrote:
shoelessT wrote:
fsugeo wrote:
shoelessT wrote:
ucfalum08 wrote:
And yet the Tallahassee Regional isn't one of the four easiest, according to Kendall.



There road to Omaha is the easiest. Period. Regionals and Supers combined, FSU has easiest road. I don't think its even close.
Of course you don't because you can't be objective. You don't like FSU and therefore have to take a shot at them at every turn.


FSU is paired with a team that if they didn't lose their #1 pitcher would be a national seed. Even without their #1 pitcher they swept through the Big 12 tournament, but ok it is the easiest path to Omaha.

Good luck finding people who cover NCAA nationally to agree that the Tallahassee regional is the easiest.


Dude I have always said that your one of the few FSU fans whose opinion I take seriously. Where did this come from? I said FSU has an easy path to Omaha. They do! They also had an extremely tough regional 2 years ago when Zack Cox and Arkansas came to town. This year it just happens to be easy. Its ok.
I don't blow smoke. We don't have the hardest regional in the country, but it is solid. UCF is not a soft #2. The #2 seed at Texas is 35 in the RPI and 1-9 against the RPI Top 50. The #3 seed in Tallahassee is 36 in the RPI.

Without even looking deeper than that the Austin regional is easier.

The College Station regional has a softer #2 than Tallahassee and the #3 seed has a RPI of 59 and is 5-6 against the Top 50.

I think you can be reasonable, but if you think FSU has the easiest road over you're just not being objective.


I just think the FSU full road to Omaha is much easier. For example I think Texas having to play either Arizona St or Arkansas is much much tougher than Texas AM without Stilson. I think the Texas regional is a joke, but Supers could be tough. I am just not really sold on UCF. I know they can hit but I don't see any way in heck that they have the pitching to really be a dangerous #2 seed. I think they are one of the worst 2 seeds in the tournament. Alabama as a 3 I think is pretty solid for a 3 seed. I mean they are SEC battle tested so they shouldn't get too flustered. I am just saying potentially beating UCF/Bama and then Tex AM/Arizona is really fairly easy compared to other Supers especially. Let me ask you something...do you honestly think FSU could lose its regional? If so, to UCF or Bama?

Sorry man if I pissed you off. Did not mean to.
0 permalink
5/31/2011 8:48:47 PM

fsugeo
fsugeo
Posts: 39
Shoeless--

Of course FSU could lose their regional. They have ONE starting pitcher. Look, I don't think FSU is one of the top 10 teams in the country. I do think they have a top 8 resume, but I am not really sure how that happened with one starting pitcher, a decent arm (Busch) in the middle and Bennett at closer. I'd like to think FSU beats BCU on Friday with Scantling, but that is far from a given. I like our chances in any game started by Gilmartin, but even at 2-0 it gets real dicey for FSU.

Beyond the regional, that Texas A&M team tied for the Big 12 regular season title and won the tournament. Stilson is the ace, but aTm is not like FSU. I mean FSU losing Gilmartin would be the season. The Aggies still have a staff.

Are you going to the games in Tally this weekend, or you heading to Gville to see the Canes?
0 permalink
5/31/2011 8:54:27 PM

shoelessT
shoelessT
Posts: 118
fsugeo wrote:
Shoeless--

Of course FSU could lose their regional. They have ONE starting pitcher. Look, I don't think FSU is one of the top 10 teams in the country. I do think they have a top 8 resume, but I am not really sure how that happened with one starting pitcher, a decent arm (Busch) in the middle and Bennett at closer. I'd like to think FSU beats BCU on Friday with Scantling, but that is far from a given. I like our chances in any game started by Gilmartin, but even at 2-0 it gets real dicey for FSU.

Beyond the regional, that Texas A&M team tied for the Big 12 regular season title and won the tournament. Stilson is the ace, but aTm is not like FSU. I mean FSU losing Gilmartin would be the season. The Aggies still have a staff.

Are you going to the games in Tally this weekend, or you heading to Gville to see the Canes?


I am headed to Gainesville to watch the Canes on Friday. I am not sure how long I will be there. I might be in Tallahassee for the Sunday game. Believe it or not, I have some friends actually on the FSU team. I am just not too confident the Canes can go into Gainesville and win. Its not like it use to be!
0 permalink
pages: 1 2 | show rated messages only | you must log in at the top of the page to post

Home » College Baseball Clubhouse » Easiest Road Ever...





Powered by AspNetForum 6.9.9.0 © 2006-2010 Jitbit Software