Not a member yet?
Subscribe Now!

Perfect Game Forum

Messages in this topic - RSS

Home » College Baseball Clubhouse » Kendall -- Your Thoughts on Year 1 with PG

Want to make your opinion heard or just chat about college baseball? This is your place.
show rated messages only | you must log in at the top of the page to post
5/24/2011 9:41:45 PM

BeaverBob
BeaverBob
Kendall, I’ve enjoyed the transition to PG from Rivals. I know we still have some baseball left this year, but I’m curious as to what you think has worked at PG and what you might do differently next year? Also, how can us free or paying subscribers help generate more interest in the board? I just want to make sure the board continues to exist.

BTW, I think you do a great job.
edited by BeaverBob on 5/24/2011
+1 permalink
5/25/2011 10:12:00 AM

Kendall
Kendall
Administrator
BeaverBob wrote:
Kendall, I’ve enjoyed the transition to PG from Rivals. I know we still have some baseball left this year, but I’m curious as to what you think has worked at PG and what you might do differently next year? Also, how can us free or paying subscribers help generate more interest in the board? I just want to make sure the board continues to exist.

BTW, I think you do a great job.
edited by BeaverBob on 5/24/2011

Thanks for the comments. I think the transition has gone beautifully, and have really loved my time at Perfect Game so far. Just a fantastic group of guys to work for and with .... wouldn't trade it for anything. As for what we can do differently next year, we'll revisit that when the season is over, but what would YOU guys like to see? That's what's most important to me.

Just spread the word about the board my friend.

--
Kendall Rogers, College Baseball Managing Editor
Follow me on Twitter at: http://twitter.com/#!/KendallRogersPG
Email me: mailto:kendall@perfectgame.org
0 permalink
5/25/2011 1:01:41 PM

SouthernBeaver
SouthernBeaver
I want more OSU fans... There aren't enough! Seriously though, unless you can give dodger Matt a job, the only big thing for me is for the site to get more iFriendly... Not everything is compatable with the iPad.
+1 permalink
5/26/2011 1:59:53 PM

FLFinest
FLFinest
I think you should have each and every DI Baseball program put perfectgame.org on their respective schools athletic links to generate more fuss about their teams. I'd be more inclined to click to perfect game after reading about my teams game on school baseball website and then wanting to taslk about it with someone. Pkace the perfectgame icon at bottom of each schools team page. Just a thought. How you promote that is on you ..................
0 permalink
5/26/2011 6:58:55 PM

Hedegoba88
Hedegoba88
I really thought more people would have come over from the old Rivals site. I miss the constant score updates and the more lively message boards.
0 permalink
5/27/2011 12:00:59 AM

Dodger Matt
Dodger Matt
I thought so, too, Hedegoba. What with that Fresno troll stinking up the place and all the spammers advertising their Nike shoes, it was too much for me. Funny thing is, Kendall gets a lot of people jumping in on his weekly chats. Where are those guys on the forum the rest of the week?

One thing I would like to see, and I'm speaking as a forum guy who has run/moderated them before, is some better XSLT or HTML capability. The shortcut buttons for bolding, colors, etc. are nice, but the bullets sometimes get all fouled up. Have your IT guru look into the other bulletin board options available and make the upgrade. It's worth the investment (which usually isn't much). Plus, user "polls" like the Rivals site has.
0 permalink
show rated messages only | you must log in at the top of the page to post

Home » College Baseball Clubhouse » Kendall -- Your Thoughts on Year 1 with PG