Not a member yet?
Subscribe Now!

Perfect Game Forum

Messages in this topic - RSS

Home » College Baseball Clubhouse » ACC Tournament Predictions

Want to make your opinion heard or just chat about college baseball? This is your place.
show rated messages only | you must log in at the top of the page to post
5/24/2011 2:15:09 PM

TW
TW
The ACC tournament should be very exciting this year and it's always good for a few upsets. Here is my prediction and brief analysis:

POOL A: I think Virginia has the edge because I assume Hultzen will throw Saturday against North Carolina and I think the winner of that game wins the pool. I dont see UNC beating the best pitcher in the country (and possible #1 overall pick) twice in two weeks. In this bracket, you can scratch Wake Forest from the possibility and Miami is always a sleeper with their pitching staff, but I think 7:00 pm Saturday determines the winner and I'd give the nod to Virginia with Hultzen on the mound. **I have yet to see pitching matchups for this entire pool yet, so I am assuming the matchups.

Virginia 3-0
North Carolina 2-1
Miami 1-2
Wake Forest 0-3

POOL B: WIDE open in my opinion. I could see FSU or GT winning this bracket, and I only exclude Clemson because I think they have the worst draw. I think Clemson struggles and goes 1-2 since they have to face Pope on Wednesday and Gilmartin on Thursday, so they have two very difficult pitching matchups. I give the pool winning vote to Georgia Tech due to their pitching depth and draw. They will avoid Gilmartin with FSU and if they can beat Leone on Wednesday with their ace Pope on the bump, their pitching sets up nicely with Bradley vs NC State (Charma) and Farmer vs Florida State and closer Mike McGee. Like the other bracket, this bracket could be determined by the Friday 3:00 game between Florida State and Georgia Tech (McGee vs Farmer).

GT 3-0
Florida State 1-2
Clemson 1-2
NC State 1-2

ACC CHAMPIONSHIP: Georgia Tech vs Virginia. Would be a good game with two good offenses and little pitching at that point. Neither team would be playing for much (GT might be playing for a national seed at that point). I'd take Virginia there in a coinflip, but it would most likely be a battle of midweek starters.
0 permalink
5/24/2011 5:09:38 PM

Like I said on another board, heart says UNC-FSU but my head says UNC-GT.
0 permalink
show rated messages only | you must log in at the top of the page to post

Home » College Baseball Clubhouse » ACC Tournament Predictions