Not a member yet?
Subscribe Now!

Perfect Game Forum

Messages in this topic - RSS

Home » College Baseball Clubhouse » Pac-10: Week 15 predictions

Want to make your opinion heard or just chat about college baseball? This is your place.
pages: 1 2 3 4 .. 9 | show rated messages only | you must log in at the top of the page to post
5/27/2011 12:07:49 PM

Riverduck
Riverduck
SouthernBeaver wrote:
Does pk park have all fieldturf or is it a hybrid like goss? My dad called a few days ago asking if tonight's tickets would apply if it moved to Saturday, and they told him the turf would make a schedule change very unlikely.

One of the best all turf with dirt mound parks IMO in the country.. Super high tech that can survive high levels of rain. Does not make it fun to watch, but most games will get pushed through. I am 90% sure I am going at the moment. (the other 30% is just part of the weather...) lol
0 permalink
5/27/2011 12:11:00 PM

BeaverBob
BeaverBob
SouthernBeaver wrote:
Does pk park have all fieldturf or is it a hybrid like goss? My dad called a few days ago asking if tonight's tickets would apply if it moved to Saturday, and they told him the turf would make a schedule change very unlikely.

It's all field turf except the mound. I'd still be surprised if they get the game in tonight looking at the forecast. I'm debating if I am going to head to Eugene. Sourthern Beaver, if I do head down, I'll be in Section 4, along the first baseline. Just look for a middle-aged man, full set of hair, a little overweight, dressed in OSU garb.

It appears they just released some additional tickets for the weekend.
0 permalink
5/27/2011 12:18:45 PM

BeaverBob
BeaverBob
Riverduck wrote:
SouthernBeaver wrote:

One of the best all turf with dirt mound parks IMO in the country.. Super high tech that can survive high levels of rain. Does not make it fun to watch, but most games will get pushed through. I am 90% sure I am going at the moment. (the other 30% is just part of the weather...) lol

RD, the game is also being televised on Comast. I have Cable, not Comast so if I don't head south, I might need to go to a local establishment and have an adjult beverage while I watch the game.
0 permalink
5/27/2011 12:42:21 PM

Dodger Matt
Dodger Matt
My picks. Nothing outlandish.

OSU 3-0
ASU 2-1
Cal 2-1
Ariz 3-0
USC 2-1

I'm thinking now for the Beavs to get that national seed, they have to sweep, and UCLA has to take two from ASU. Don't think that'll happen, and I don't think enough of the ACC teams that are fighting for the 8th national seed will falter in their tournament. So it'll be a regional host for us unless the committee totally disregards the Rat's Patootie and looks at our series wins and overall resume.

I'll post pick analysis later...waiting to see if we get another vote or two.
0 permalink
5/27/2011 1:08:41 PM

Dodger Matt
Dodger Matt
BTW, there is SO MUCH Civil War newscopy to read this week, it's awesome. I just found out Susac is a metalhead, and that makes him all the cooler to me.
0 permalink
5/27/2011 1:09:15 PM

SouthernBeaver
SouthernBeaver
BeaverBob wrote:
SouthernBeaver wrote:

It's all field turf except the mound. I'd still be surprised if they get the game in tonight looking at the forecast. I'm debating if I am going to head to Eugene. Sourthern Beaver, if I do head down, I'll be in Section 4, along the first baseline. Just look for a middle-aged man, full set of hair, a little overweight, dressed in OSU garb.

Bob, I will be above the visiter's dugout (not sure which side it is there) with my wife and my parents (in their late 50s). I'm in my 20s and will have glasses, a black OS hat, and black OSU Band rain jacket.. but all 4 of us will have bright orange panchos if the forecast is accurate.
0 permalink
5/27/2011 1:34:20 PM

Riverduck
Riverduck
SouthernBeaver wrote:
BeaverBob wrote:
SouthernBeaver wrote:

Bob, I will be above the visiter's dugout (not sure which side it is there) with my wife and my parents (in their late 50s). I'm in my 20s and will have glasses, a black OS hat, and black OSU Band rain jacket.. but all 4 of us will have bright orange panchos if the forecast is accurate.

You can always sneak under the roof on the way to some snacks.. I may watch the game at my Mom's, and if it is close, I might hustle to the park for the last 2 or 3 innings.
0 permalink
5/27/2011 2:28:10 PM

OregonStateChris
OregonStateChris
OSU 2-1
ASU 2-1
CAL 2-1
ARIZ 2-1
USC 2-1
0 permalink
5/27/2011 4:07:28 PM

Florida Beaver
Florida Beaver
BeaverBob wrote:
SouthernBeaver wrote:

BB,

I have a couple questions for you. How MANY hairs are there is a full set? Is it like teeth and there are 32? If it is a full set of southern teeth (which SB would be accustomed to) and there are 32, that means a family of 16 is all together, so that would mean you have only two. And since you say "middle age" will SB find a silver beaver or a regular brown beaver. And will SB find a long-haired beaver , a shorn beaver or a shaved beaver? These are important questions which, I think would require a fuller explanation by you so SB can find you, even though a beaver ALWAYS recognizes another beaver.
0 permalink
5/27/2011 4:23:24 PM

BeaverBob
BeaverBob
Florida Beaver wrote:
BeaverBob wrote:
SouthernBeaver wrote:

BB,

I have a couple questions for you. How MANY hairs are there is a full set? Is it like teeth and there are 32? If it is a full set of southern teeth (which SB would be accustomed to) and there are 32, that means a family of 16 is all together, so that would mean you have only two. And since you say "middle age" will SB find a silver beaver or a regular brown beaver. And will SB find a long-haired beaver , a shorn beaver or a shaved beaver? These are important questions which, I think would require a fuller explanation by you so SB can find you, even though a beaver ALWAYS recognizes another beaver.

FB, I've attached a picture of myself. My wife is helping me get ready for tonight's game. Nothing like a clean shave. SB, hope the picture helps.
edited by BeaverBob on 5/27/2011

Attachments:
beaver[1].jpg
0 permalink
5/27/2011 5:18:42 PM

Dodger Matt
Dodger Matt
LOL. What He Said
0 permalink
5/27/2011 7:22:07 PM

SouthernBeaver
SouthernBeaver
I am right in front of the AT&T logo on the beavs logo. No poncho though...
0 permalink
5/27/2011 7:34:08 PM

1whoknows
1whoknows
The Baseball gods are smiling down on the Beavers. No rain in sight tonight. It's been showering all day. Looking for the sweep!

Is the game a sell out?
edited by 1whoknows on 5/27/2011
0 permalink
5/27/2011 8:35:41 PM

MostUnknown
MostUnknown
So in other slightly less relevant news, How bout former UCLA SS Brandon Crawford blasting a Grand Slam for his first hit in his first Major League game and now trending worldwide on Twitter? Can I get an 8 clap?
0 permalink
5/27/2011 8:41:34 PM

Dodger Matt
Dodger Matt
Pick analysis:
  • This week's overwhelming favorite: Arizona over the Hapless Huskies, 17/0 with 10 sweeps.
  • The next four are pretty close:
    • USC 14/3 over Wazzu (4 sweeps).
    • OSU 13/4 over Oregon (6 sweeps).
    • Cal 13/4 over Stanford (1 sweep).
    • ASU 13/4 over UCLA (1 sweep).
  • All home teams are favored except Oregon State, which will have plenty of Beaver fans in attendance anyway.
I've already run the possible outcomes and it comes down to a two-horse race for the Predictor of the Year crown.
Both people have a chance to end the year with an average over 18, which is impressive.
0 permalink
5/27/2011 8:49:53 PM

Dodger Matt
Dodger Matt
MostUnknown wrote:
So in other slightly less relevant news, How bout former UCLA SS Brandon Crawford blasting a Grand Slam for his first hit in his first Major League game and now trending worldwide on Twitter? Can I get an 8 clap?

Nice way to make an entrance. What's an 8 clap? Sounds venereal.

BTW, Beaver fans who dislike the Ducks' game tracker: You can still view the game using the real GameTracker.
0 permalink
5/27/2011 9:25:17 PM

BeaverBob
BeaverBob
Dodger Matt wrote:
MostUnknown wrote:

BTW, Beaver fans who dislike the Ducks' game tracker: You can still view the game using the real GameTracker.

This discussion made me think of a girl I dated from the University of Oregon when I was attending Oregon State -- Oh well - Lessons learned as a young man.

I think Mostunknown might be referring to the following:

http://www.livevideo.com/video/beachgirl/E24A4D49F40C42D5BC3131DCBBFAEEA6/ucla-8-clap.aspx
0 permalink
5/27/2011 9:28:37 PM

BeaverBob
BeaverBob
SouthernBeaver wrote:
I am right in front of the AT&T logo on the beavs logo. No poncho though...

Decided to stay home and listen on the radio. Just woke up from my nap on the couch and was dissapointed to hear the Beavers behind 2-0. We may head to Eugene tomorrow to watch some baseball and track.
0 permalink
5/27/2011 9:32:18 PM

MostUnknown
MostUnknown
BeaverBob wrote:
Dodger Matt wrote:
MostUnknown wrote:

This discussion made me think of a girl I dated from the University of Oregon when I was attending Oregon State -- Oh well - Lessons learned as a young man.

http://www.livevideo.com/video/beachgirl/E24A4D49F40C42D5BC3131DCBBFAEEA6/ucla-8-clap.aspx

The judges will accept either answer. It is in fact something you get tested for after spending time at any Oregon university. But also a UCLA cheer.
UCLA showing some offense on a Friday night(ASU's errors aside) and the Duckies doing work. It's like the bizzaro world. Pac 10 title hopes are still alive!
(Knock on wood)
0 permalink
5/27/2011 9:39:31 PM

BeaverBob
BeaverBob
MostUnknown wrote:
BeaverBob wrote:
Dodger Matt wrote:
MostUnknown wrote:

The judges will accept either answer. It is in fact something you get tested for after spending time at any Oregon university. But also a UCLA cheer.
UCLA showing some offense on a Friday night(ASU's errors aside) and the Duckies doing work. It's like the bizzaro world. Pac 10 title hopes are still alive!
(Knock on wood)

Looks like the Bruins are in control, 7-3. How is Cole Pitching? I see ASU has 8 hits, but only 3 runs.
0 permalink
pages: 1 2 3 4 .. 9 | show rated messages only | you must log in at the top of the page to post

Home » College Baseball Clubhouse » Pac-10: Week 15 predictions