Not a member yet?
Subscribe Now!

Perfect Game Forum

Messages in this topic - RSS

Home » College Baseball Clubhouse » Pac-10: Week 15 predictions

Want to make your opinion heard or just chat about college baseball? This is your place.
pages: 1 2 3 4 .. 9 | show rated messages only | you must log in at the top of the page to post
5/24/2011 11:49:39 AM

Dodger Matt
Dodger Matt
Posts: 2423
Final week of the regular season, and we have two series that will determine the conference champion, one of which is also a rivalry series (the Civil War), plus another rivalry series (the Big Game series?) between two postseason teams. Looking at the average scores, my guess is if you are not above 16.5 right now, you probably have no shot at the title. That means seven people have a plausible chance at being Pac-10 prediction champ of the 2011 season:

Wks Ttl Avg Name
5 87.7 17.53 rec1347
6 103.7 17.28 BeaverBeliever20
6 102.5 17.08 MostUnknown
7 119.5 17.07 SouthernBeaver
6 101.5 16.92 SouthCoastStu
8 133.0 16.63 BeaverBob
7 115.8 16.55 opihi man

This week's games:
OSU at Ore
UCLA at ASU
Stan at Cal
UW at Ariz
WSU at USC

CIVIL WAR! At the beginning of the season, there were “experts” putting the Ducks as high as #2 in the preseason poll. They obviously failed to live up to that expectation, but few people thought they would have suffered as much as they have. Still, this is a rivalry game, and I'm sure George Horton will motivate his boys to take on the Beavers like their postseason hopes depended on it. (Even though they don't.) As for the Beavers, who were ranked #2 in at least one poll this year, they are playing for the outright Pac-10 championship title and a national seed in the postseason, which will guarantee home games for the regional and super regional matchups. All the Beavers need to do is take 2 of 3. Sweeping would be icing on the cake. But can they do it, especially after losing two at home last week to another team that will not make the postseason?

The other title-significant series pits UCLA at ASU. Both teams are tied for second in the conference, one game behind OSU. One will end up with an 18-9 or 19-8 conference record. Depending on how the Beavers do, either could be good enough for the conference crown. Both teams will make the postseason, but ASU is also playing for national seed contention. The Devils should stay in that discussion with a sweep of the Bruins, and perhaps even with a 2-1 win. But UCLA's three starters are hard to beat, no matter how much offense ASU brings. And last Sunday's shutout by the lowly Huskies has to give Devil fans pause.

The second rivalry series takes place between two other postseason-worthy teams, Stanford at Cal, even though one of them might finish the year with a conference record at or below .500. Both are projected as #2 seeds, and both will end up in the 4th through 7th slots in the standings. so their performance this weekend will have no significant effect on the postseason or conference standings; they're playing for bragging rights. (WildCard85, do you guys refer to this as the Big Game/Series? Do you have a baseball equivalent name?)

Washington takes on Arizona in what should be the most lopsided series. Arizona is a projected #3, and that probably won't change regardless of the outcome of this series. One could look at this matchup and call an easy sweep of the Huskies. But they ended up taking game three against both OSU and ASU. Do they have one last upset in them?

Finally, Wazzu at USC. Unfortunately for both of these teams, they are peaking too late. If either team had won a few more games earlier, they might be playing for a postseason spot. Now all they can manage is to move up maybe one spot in the final standings. Give the edge to USC, playing at home after back-to-back series wins over the top two teams in the conference.
0 permalink
5/24/2011 12:44:01 PM

SouthernBeaver
SouthernBeaver
Posts: 200
OSU 2-1
ASU 2-1
Cal 2-1
Ariz 3-0
USC 2-1

Man, I hope I am right about OSU... unless I am wrong due to OSU bringing a good supply of brooms.
0 permalink
5/24/2011 12:54:38 PM

BeaverBob
BeaverBob
Posts: 1458
OSU 2-1
ASU 2-1
Cal 2-1
Ariz 2-1
USC 2-1
0 permalink
5/24/2011 2:14:29 PM

Florida Beaver
Florida Beaver
Posts: 1216
Last week picks, eh? DM, this has been a blast. I have enjoyed the commentaries, the summations, the bantering, and the comraderie of these last few month amongst us Pac 10 fans. I hop next year brings more P12 (P11 in baseball) fans out for even more fun. Thanks to everyone for a good fun filled season and look forward to our post season comments. With that said.......

OSU 3-0 (time for some payback for the ducks ruining Beaver post season hopes)
ASU 2-1
Cal 3-0
Ariz 3-0
WSU 2-1 (the trojans fall apart this week like a 5 year old wallet carried one)

Okay, so maybe I am seeing homerism really bad this week.
0 permalink
5/24/2011 2:40:16 PM

ASU74
ASU74
Posts: 1037
Even last place teams play until the last out!
OSU 2-1
ASU 2-1Fork Off
CAL 2-1
ARIZ 2-1
USC 2-1

Would like to see:
ASU 3-0
ORE 3-0
But I ain't holding my breath!

DM:
This has really been fun & your efforts are appreciated I'm sure by all. Any chance of Pac Post Season Predictions?
edited by ASU74 on 5/24/2011

--
Go Devils !!
Fork Off
0 permalink
5/24/2011 4:24:23 PM

Riverduck
Riverduck
Posts: 2290
Ore 3-0
ASU 3-0
CAL 2-1
ARIZ 2-1
USC 2-1

Pefect timing for the Beavs to play their worst now. For Stamps to suggest they have not played their last game at Goss is ludicrous. So hope they travel across the country. The projected regional is a joke. Did you look at the teams they will play. All I can hope for is the way they played at PK last year would be nice. Our bats have been getting hotter, and the last time you faced our Tuesday starter, he is now starting on Sat. So Good luck.
0 permalink
5/24/2011 4:26:11 PM

Riverduck
Riverduck
Posts: 2290
Riverduck wrote:
Ore 3-0
ASU 3-0
CAL 2-1
ARIZ 2-1
USC 2-1

Pefect timing for the Beavs to play their worst now. For Stamps to suggest they have not played their last game at Goss is ludicrous. So hope they travel across the country. The projected regional is a joke. Did you look at the teams they will play. All I can hope for is the way they played at PK last year would be nice. Our bats have been getting hotter, and the last time you faced our Tuesday starter, he is now starting on Sat. So Good luck.

Right now at PDX we are up 6-0 in the 2nd. The Beavs have got to be sooo nervous right now. Big ol target on the back. Knew it could not hold out this long.
0 permalink
5/24/2011 4:33:28 PM

Florida Beaver
Florida Beaver
Posts: 1216
Riverduck wrote:
Ore 3-0
ASU 3-0
CAL 2-1
ARIZ 2-1
USC 2-1

Pefect timing for the Beavs to play their worst now. For Stamps to suggest they have not played their last game at Goss is ludicrous. So hope they travel across the country. The projected regional is a joke. Did you look at the teams they will play. All I can hope for is the way they played at PK last year would be nice. Our bats have been getting hotter, and the last time you faced our Tuesday starter, he is now starting on Sat. So Good luck.


Well, RD, I hope your team WILL rely on luck. I think Coach Casey lit a fire in some players and assistant coaches backside these last few days and luck will have very little to do with this weekend. So...... we'll see who is the best in the valley. I know the answer to that as long as the "right" team shows up in your sugar daddy stadium. And if you remember nothing else I said this year, remember this.........

You thinking your team is better than a bunch of pissed off beavers is more dangerous than bare-backing a 5 dollar whore. So bring it!!!!
0 permalink
5/24/2011 4:37:46 PM

Dodger Matt
Dodger Matt
Posts: 2423
ASU74 wrote:
DM: This has really been fun & your efforts are appreciated I'm sure by all. Any chance of Pac Post Season Predictions?

Yes. I'll have to dust off my postseason rubric and explanations. Because of the four-team double-elim format, there are six different options for each team, so it'll be a little different. And we'll probably do just the first week, unless three or more Pac-10 teams advance to super regionals.
0 permalink
5/24/2011 4:58:06 PM

BeaverBeliever20
BeaverBeliever20
Posts: 129
Riverduck wrote:
Riverduck wrote:
Ore 3-0
ASU 3-0
CAL 2-1
ARIZ 2-1
USC 2-1

Pefect timing for the Beavs to play their worst now. For Stamps to suggest they have not played their last game at Goss is ludicrous. So hope they travel across the country. The projected regional is a joke. Did you look at the teams they will play. All I can hope for is the way they played at PK last year would be nice. Our bats have been getting hotter, and the last time you faced our Tuesday starter, he is now starting on Sat. So Good luck.

Right now at PDX we are up 6-0 in the 2nd. The Beavs have got to be sooo nervous right now. Big ol target on the back. Knew it could not hold out this long.


The Beavers are pretty much a lock to host a regional so nothing Stamps said is ludicrous. The Beavers I doubt are nervous. They're more worried about getting back on track and they will be motivated to win the title in Eugene and prove not only they're the best in the state but best in the conference.
0 permalink
5/24/2011 5:02:02 PM

BeaverBeliever20
BeaverBeliever20
Posts: 129
OSU 3-0 (I'll be at the series, the Beavers better play well!)
ASU 2-1
Stanford 2-1
Arizona 3-0
USC 2-1
0 permalink
5/24/2011 5:28:27 PM

YellowlabOSU
YellowlabOSU
Posts: 34
OSU 3-0
UCLA 2-1
Cal 2-1
Ariz 3-0
USC 2-1

Beavers are due for a sweep! These are mainly just hopeful picks
0 permalink
5/24/2011 8:35:54 PM

Riverduck
Riverduck
Posts: 2290
Florida Beaver wrote:
Riverduck wrote:
Ore 3-0
ASU 3-0
CAL 2-1
ARIZ 2-1
USC 2-1

Pefect timing for the Beavs to play their worst now. For Stamps to suggest they have not played their last game at Goss is ludicrous. So hope they travel across the country. The projected regional is a joke. Did you look at the teams they will play. All I can hope for is the way they played at PK last year would be nice. Our bats have been getting hotter, and the last time you faced our Tuesday starter, he is now starting on Sat. So Good luck.


Well, RD, I hope your team WILL rely on luck. I think Coach Casey lit a fire in some players and assistant coaches backside these last few days and luck will have very little to do with this weekend. So...... we'll see who is the best in the valley. I know the answer to that as long as the "right" team shows up in your sugar daddy stadium. And if you remember nothing else I said this year, remember this.........

You thinking your team is better than a bunch of pissed off beavers is more dangerous than bare-backing a 5 dollar whore. So bring it!!!!

Thats the civil war fire I like.. even if you are 3000+ miles away. Go Ducks!!
0 permalink
5/24/2011 8:51:36 PM

BeaverBob
BeaverBob
Posts: 1458
Riverduck wrote:
Florida Beaver wrote:
Riverduck wrote:
Ore 3-0
ASU 3-0
CAL 2-1
ARIZ 2-1
USC 2-1

Pefect timing for the Beavs to play their worst now. For Stamps to suggest they have not played their last game at Goss is ludicrous. So hope they travel across the country. The projected regional is a joke. Did you look at the teams they will play. All I can hope for is the way they played at PK last year would be nice. Our bats have been getting hotter, and the last time you faced our Tuesday starter, he is now starting on Sat. So Good luck.


Well, RD, I hope your team WILL rely on luck. I think Coach Casey lit a fire in some players and assistant coaches backside these last few days and luck will have very little to do with this weekend. So...... we'll see who is the best in the valley. I know the answer to that as long as the "right" team shows up in your sugar daddy stadium. And if you remember nothing else I said this year, remember this.........

You thinking your team is better than a bunch of pissed off beavers is more dangerous than bare-backing a 5 dollar whore. So bring it!!!!

Thats the civil war fire I like.. even if you are 3000+ miles away. Go Ducks!!


RD and FB, I'm loving it. I've posted a true story that I think gets at the heart of the Civil War.

A first grade teacher explains to her class that she is an Oregon Duck. She asks her students to raise their hands if they were Ducks too. No one really knowing what an Oregon Duck was but wanting to be like their teacher, their hands explode into the air like fleshy fireworks. There is, however, one exception. A girl named Kristen has not gone along with the crowd. The teacher asks her why she has decided to be different. "Because I'm not a Duck." Then, asks the teacher, "What are you? "Why, I'm a proud Oregon State Beaver," boasts the little girl. The teacher is a little perturbed now, her face slightly red. She asks Kristen why she is a rebel. "Well, my mom and dad are Beavers, so I'm a Beaver too." The teacher is now angry. "That's no reason," she says loudly. "What if your mom was a moron, and your dad was a moron. Would you be a moron too? A pause and a smile. "No, says Kristen." "Then, I'd be a Duck."
edited by BeaverBob on 5/24/2011
+1 permalink
5/24/2011 9:33:14 PM

Florida Beaver
Florida Beaver
Posts: 1216
Good Postinglol hit
0 permalink
5/24/2011 9:51:33 PM

Dodger Matt
Dodger Matt
Posts: 2423
"What if your mom was a moron, and your dad was a moron. Would you be a moron too? A pause and a smile. "No, says Kristen." "Then, I'd be a Duck."

It's just like those socialist Duck union thug teachers, brainwashing our kids into being morons. Mad
0 permalink
5/24/2011 10:06:26 PM

MostUnknown
MostUnknown
Posts: 156
  • OSU 2-1
  • UCLA 2-1
  • Cal 2-1
  • Ariz 2-1
  • WSU 2-1
Evidently posting doesn't want to cooperate so bullets it is. Nothing big. Wanted to pick a UCLA Conference title, but my head won't let me do it. Oregon probably wins the first game and makes everyone nervous before the Beavers take the last two.
0 permalink
5/25/2011 12:48:17 AM

Riverduck
Riverduck
Posts: 2290
Dodger Matt wrote:
"What if your mom was a moron, and your dad was a moron. Would you be a moron too? A pause and a smile. "No, says Kristen." "Then, I'd be a Duck."

It's just like those socialist Duck union thug teachers, brainwashing our kids into being morons. Mad


Yeah- I will never forget my first year of student teaching about 10 years ago. One of those days I got to witness Beaver/Duck day. What an absolute circus. Only in Oregon I guess. I made it through the day only to witness a black and orange frenzied kid hyped out to the max. He somehow got a hold of the giant 6 foot round ball by the strings and started winding up the ball in a circular frenzy. The aftermath was 3 beavs, lying on the floor- dazed and confused. I asked to the young boy why are you so out of control? His response was- Because I am a beaver...
True story.

To that day, i have only had one similar day that was that crazy.. when our principal wanted to have a Nascar day..
0 permalink
5/25/2011 2:47:43 AM

OpihiMan
OpihiMan
Posts: 1111
OSU 2-1....Pissed off Beavers = Dead D*cks
UCLA 2-1...They have the better pitching staff, I see them getting it done
Cal 2-1...Rivalry games, Appel will win, Furd will lose the rest
Ariz 3-0...Huskies streak of stealing 1 ends
USC 3-0...this one's a stretch but the Trojans have been playing some motivated ball and WSU has been up and down all year

2 sweeps...I wonder if that even gives me a shot
0 permalink
5/25/2011 6:55:26 AM

ASU74
ASU74
Posts: 1037
BeaverBob wrote:
Riverduck wrote:
Florida Beaver wrote:
Riverduck wrote:
Ore 3-0
ASU 3-0
CAL 2-1
ARIZ 2-1
USC 2-1

Pefect timing for the Beavs to play their worst now. For Stamps to suggest they have not played their last game at Goss is ludicrous. So hope they travel across the country. The projected regional is a joke. Did you look at the teams they will play. All I can hope for is the way they played at PK last year would be nice. Our bats have been getting hotter, and the last time you faced our Tuesday starter, he is now starting on Sat. So Good luck.


Well, RD, I hope your team WILL rely on luck. I think Coach Casey lit a fire in some players and assistant coaches backside these last few days and luck will have very little to do with this weekend. So...... we'll see who is the best in the valley. I know the answer to that as long as the "right" team shows up in your sugar daddy stadium. And if you remember nothing else I said this year, remember this.........

You thinking your team is better than a bunch of pissed off beavers is more dangerous than bare-backing a 5 dollar whore. So bring it!!!!

Thats the civil war fire I like.. even if you are 3000+ miles away. Go Ducks!!


RD and FB, I'm loving it. I've posted a true story that I think gets at the heart of the Civil War.

A first grade teacher explains to her class that she is an Oregon Duck. She asks her students to raise their hands if they were Ducks too. No one really knowing what an Oregon Duck was but wanting to be like their teacher, their hands explode into the air like fleshy fireworks. There is, however, one exception. A girl named Kristen has not gone along with the crowd. The teacher asks her why she has decided to be different. "Because I'm not a Duck." Then, asks the teacher, "What are you? "Why, I'm a proud Oregon State Beaver," boasts the little girl. The teacher is a little perturbed now, her face slightly red. She asks Kristen why she is a rebel. "Well, my mom and dad are Beavers, so I'm a Beaver too." The teacher is now angry. "That's no reason," she says loudly. "What if your mom was a moron, and your dad was a moron. Would you be a moron too? A pause and a smile. "No, says Kristen." "Then, I'd be a Duck."
edited by BeaverBob on 5/24/2011


From the mouth of babes. Luv it.
Logic
Here in Texas, they just tell Aggie jokes. Do you know how many Aggie jokes there really are............................................................................................................................................................................
Two..........................................................................................................................................................................
All the rest are true stories!

--
Go Devils !!
Fork Off
0 permalink
pages: 1 2 3 4 .. 9 | show rated messages only | you must log in at the top of the page to post

Home » College Baseball Clubhouse » Pac-10: Week 15 predictions





Powered by AspNetForum 6.9.9.0 © 2006-2010 Jitbit Software