Not a member yet?
Subscribe Now!

Perfect Game Forum

Messages in this topic - RSS

Home » College Baseball Clubhouse » PG TOP 25: New No. 1 and more (5/23)

Want to make your opinion heard or just chat about college baseball? This is your place.
show rated messages only | you must log in at the top of the page to post
5/23/2011 10:42:01 AM

Kendall
Kendall
Administrator
Here's our latest college baseball rankings ....

http://www.perfectgame.org/Articles/View.aspx?article=5696

--
Kendall Rogers, College Baseball Managing Editor
Follow me on Twitter at: http://twitter.com/#!/KendallRogersPG
Email me: mailto:kendall@perfectgame.org
0 permalink
5/23/2011 11:22:26 AM

Heels2Omaha
Heels2Omaha
Kendall,

Make one logical argument please how Florida State had a better regular season than North Carolina.

Geez man, I thought you actually paid attention to the games better than that.
0 permalink
5/23/2011 11:28:45 AM

Kendall
Kendall
Administrator
Heels2Omaha wrote:
Kendall,

Make one logical argument please how Florida State had a better regular season than North Carolina.

Travis, not real sure where you went wrong, but you've had an agenda on this site every time you have posted for some bizarre reason over the past couple of months. With that said, it boils down to the fact I think Florida State has less blemishes on its overall wrap sheet, and once again, I'm not going to vault a team up the rankings 9-11 spots for one weekend. You know that as well as anyone.

--
Kendall Rogers, College Baseball Managing Editor
Follow me on Twitter at: http://twitter.com/#!/KendallRogersPG
Email me: mailto:kendall@perfectgame.org
0 permalink
5/23/2011 11:36:15 AM

Heels2Omaha
Heels2Omaha
I don't have an agenda other than supporting my team. From my perspective, it appears you have an agenda that is to do the opposite, which I never thought I'd say.

Every possible metric points to UNC having the better season...it shouldn't matter if that's 9 spots in a poll or 90....especially when the regular season is done and you can look at the entire body of work.

They both played 30 ACC games...UNC had a better record in spite of their 30 being significantly more difficult than FSU's (trade Boston College for Georgia Tech in 3 games and see what their record looks like)

They both played 56 games and UNC had a significantly better overall record

UNC finished 3rd in the ACC. FSU finished 5th.

UNC has a better RPI

UNC won the head to head matchup....oh, which was in Tallahassee.

It would be interesting to see on what criteria you come up with your rankings given the above.

Kendall wrote:
Heels2Omaha wrote:
Kendall,

Travis, not real sure where you went wrong, but you've had an agenda on this site every time you have posted for some bizarre reason over the past couple of months. With that said, it boils down to the fact I think Florida State has less blemishes on its overall wrap sheet, and once again, I'm not going to vault a team up the rankings 9-11 spots for one weekend. You know that as well as anyone.
0 permalink
5/23/2011 11:43:52 AM

BeaverBob
BeaverBob
Kendall, I have no complaints about where you have the Beavers, but do think ASU deserves a higher ranking.

It really looks like the Trojans have caught their stride. They looked more like the Beavers than the Beavers did over the weekend. Lots of small ball and a no-give up attitude. They have now won 5 of their last series. Too bad they waited so long in the season to get serious.
0 permalink
5/23/2011 1:58:38 PM

Kenny Powers
Kenny Powers
You have to be kidding me with these people, Heels has to be right up there on the whine scale with Walt.

Why do people get their feelings hurt so bad when they disagree with this poll or projections, if you're so upset then why don't you dedicate your life's work to the covering the sport like KR has, and create your own website, then you can put your team number one in the polls all day long…this could ease your mind and cause you to shed a few less tears in your life.

This is College Baseball...there is no nonsensical BCS formula to determine a champ, it will all be taken care of on the field…and as much as I love the content that is on this site, I have news for you, Kendall's polls have no bearing on the seeding, who gets to Omaha, or wins the CWS….NONE.

Grow the F up….you wanna disagree and state a case for your team, then fine, but making comments like "Geez man, I thought you actually paid attention to the games better than that" just comes off as childish, it makes you look ignorant and whiny. Oh NO!! KR put FSU ahead my Heels, the sky is falling, there is no way we can get to Omaha now!!! Gimme a break

You and Walt should go on a cruise together and moan about the polls all day.
+1 permalink
5/23/2011 2:04:07 PM

Heels2Omaha
Heels2Omaha
I pay my subscription. I can say what I like so long as I'm not insulting. I made a case...a case Kendall has yet to refute. I know him personally and he knows not to take what I say personally because it isn't meant that way. You, on the other hand, don't know a thing about me. If the polls are meaningless, then we shouldn't bother with them.

The only one with their panties in a wad is you.

Kenny Powers wrote:
You have to be kidding me with these people, Heels has to be right up there on the whine scale with Walt.

Why do people get their feelings hurt so bad when they disagree with this poll or projections, if you're so upset then why don't you dedicate your life's work to the covering the sport like KR has, and create your own website, then you can put your team number one in the polls all day long…this could ease your mind and cause you to shed a few less tears in your life.

This is College Baseball...there is no nonsensical BCS formula to determine a champ, it will all be taken care of on the field…and as much as I love the content that is on this site, I have news for you, Kendall's polls have no bearing on the seeding, who gets to Omaha, or wins the CWS….NONE.

Grow the F up….you wanna disagree and state a case for your team, then fine, but making comments like "Geez man, I thought you actually paid attention to the games better than that" just comes off as childish, it makes you look ignorant and whiny. Oh NO!! KR put FSU ahead my Heels, the sky is falling, there is no way we can get to Omaha now!!! Gimme a break

You and Walt should go on a cruise together and moan about the polls all day.
0 permalink
5/23/2011 2:13:35 PM

Kenny Powers
Kenny Powers
Well Baseball America has FSU ahead of UNC also....so I guess Aaron and John should pay closer attention as well.

And if UNC hadn't lost series' to teams like Wake and N.C. State then they never would have been lower in the polls to begin with.
0 permalink
5/23/2011 2:39:29 PM

Heels2Omaha
Heels2Omaha
Actually had a conversation with John at BA....let's just say he and Aaron don't have the only votes in that poll.
0 permalink
5/23/2011 4:00:38 PM

FV4Heels
FV4Heels
Personally, I don't care where we're ranked right now as long as we play like we did this weekend, and we get a national seed!
0 permalink
5/24/2011 7:34:55 AM

Kenny Powers
Kenny Powers
FV4Heels wrote:
Personally, I don't care where we're ranked right now as long as we play like we did this weekend, and we get a national seed!

^^^Bingo! Now there is an intelligent, rational, and classy fan.

Good work bro
0 permalink
5/24/2011 7:47:53 AM

FV4Heels
FV4Heels
Besides the last time we got respect, we were promptly swept by State and lost a series to Miami.
0 permalink
5/24/2011 7:53:16 AM

FV4Heels
FV4Heels
Travis, I hope you know It is not my intent to bash your comments. I think there is some merit there. I think our guys play better when they have something to aim for. We played well this weekend, but is still a month of season left.
0 permalink
show rated messages only | you must log in at the top of the page to post

Home » College Baseball Clubhouse » PG TOP 25: New No. 1 and more (5/23)