Not a member yet?
Subscribe Now!

Perfect Game Forum

Messages in this topic - RSS

Home » College Baseball Clubhouse » 27 TAKES: Looking back at Friday's action (5/20)

Want to make your opinion heard or just chat about college baseball? This is your place.
show rated messages only | you must log in at the top of the page to post
5/21/2011 1:04:53 AM

Kendall
Kendall
Administrator
Here's our inside look back at Friday's college baseball action. Enjoy.

http://www.perfectgame.org/Articles/View.aspx?article=5685
edited by Kendall on 5/21/2011
edited by Kendall on 5/21/2011

--
Kendall Rogers, College Baseball Managing Editor
Follow me on Twitter at: http://twitter.com/#!/KendallRogersPG
Email me: mailto:kendall@perfectgame.org
0 permalink
5/21/2011 4:19:59 AM

weg313
weg313
K, the Owls actually played a better all-around game against USM on Thursday. Also, just because you (in particular) have under-ranked Rice all season, it's not as if they're just now playing outstanding baseball. If not for Houston dropping out of the Top 50 (and costing the Owls an incremental 5-0 record against the Top 50), Rice would have a resume on par with anyone but the top 5 - 6 teams...having done it despite as severe injuries woes as any team in the country (Fazio, Rendon, Fuda, Rathjen, McDowell and now Wall). Will you finally acknowledge that Rice's resume has surpassed the Aggies, and even TCU. It's due time you stopped putting marginal teams (UConn, Stetson, Troy) ahead of Rice in your rankings.

--
In Wayne Graham we trust.
0 permalink
5/21/2011 8:08:40 AM

Kenny Powers
Kenny Powers
Oh yeah, it is definitely KR's fault that Rice lost series' to powerhouses like UAB and UCF.

How has Kendall not had you in the Top 5 all year with performances like that on the resume?

Quit your whining and crying,
Rice has a solid series win over a very good team, has just won a mediocre conference, and now they will host, so be happy...But Rice will not be a Top 8 over teams like Ga Tech or ASU, or Oregon State, or even Fullerton, its not going to happen, so quit moaning and deal with it, there is no nation wide conspiracy against Rice.
Stop berating Kendall like you're an 8 year old who got his toys taken away.
edited by Kenny Powers on 5/21/2011
+1 permalink
5/21/2011 11:45:34 AM

Kendall
Kendall
Administrator
Kenny Powers wrote:
Oh yeah, it is definitely KR's fault that Rice lost series' to powerhouses like UAB and UCF.

How has Kendall not had you in the Top 5 all year with performances like that on the resume?

Quit your whining and crying,
Rice has a solid series win over a very good team, has just won a mediocre conference, and now they will host, so be happy...But Rice will not be a Top 8 over teams like Ga Tech or ASU, or Oregon State, or even Fullerton, its not going to happen, so quit moaning and deal with it, there is no nation wide conspiracy against Rice.
Stop berating Kendall like you're an 8 year old who got his toys taken away.

KP took the words out of my mouth. My apologies for not skyrocketing Rice up the rankings a few weeks ago after that series loss to UAB. You really need to slow down with this whole conspiracy theory ... it's looking very silly at this point in the season, IMO. You know we have plenty of respect for Rice. I'm not even going to stoop to the level of addressing that.

--
Kendall Rogers, College Baseball Managing Editor
Follow me on Twitter at: http://twitter.com/#!/KendallRogersPG
Email me: mailto:kendall@perfectgame.org
0 permalink
5/21/2011 2:53:55 PM

eagleboy415
eagleboy415
I only have three things to say. 1. Congratz Rice on the series win. 2. C-USA is not a mediocre conference. What team do you cheer for KP? 3. Kendall, man you're good! Already got Saturday's action up!
0 permalink
5/21/2011 3:13:04 PM

Kenny Powers
Kenny Powers
Me using the word mediocre was a bit strong, what I was really meaning was not "top of the pack type conference" as a general rule the top 4 leagues year in and year out are the SEC, ACC, Big 12, and the Pac 10, and most years (including this one) I would put CUSA in a tier just behind those.

So you're right, definitely not mediocre in the sense of below average, but not in the top tier of leagues either, thanks for the correction.

After listening to walt's rants for so long now I guess the team I root for is any team playing Rice, ha!

Seriously, congrats to Southern Miss on it's Regular Season Conference Title, very much deserved from a very sold club....would love to see them back in Omaha
0 permalink
5/21/2011 3:20:39 PM

weg313
weg313
Eagle, Congrats on the share of the title (even if the tie-breaker goes to Rice for taking 2 of 3 on the road). That should help give you guys consideration for a host berth. As for KP, he roots for Texas, which is why he has to make derogatory comments about Rice and call any non-BCS conference "mediocre".

And, K, while I know you have long respected Rice, you have (more than any other poll or regional field projection) kept them beneath the radar until this week. The reality is that Rice, A&M, CSF and even TCU have had pretty identical resumes-- all things factored in-- for a couple weeks now. And, again, I'm sorry, but having UConn and Troy ranked ahead of Rice this week was an insult given the respective RPIs, SOS and overall resumes. Made absolutely no sense.

--
In Wayne Graham we trust.
0 permalink
5/21/2011 3:24:04 PM

Kenny Powers
Kenny Powers
Even after Kendall calls you out you continue to whine

Your motto should be "Never Stop Crying"
0 permalink
5/21/2011 3:24:48 PM

elonbaseball
elonbaseball
Rice is a very solid team and C-USA is good.
I saw that Stetson lost 2 of 3 to powerhouse Belmont this weekend. (They lost today 11-5 and had 8 errors) The Atlantic Sun will have no top 25 teams on monday.
Stetson is an over rated team in a D-2 league. Time to move some teams from better leagues up and Steson down.
0 permalink
5/21/2011 5:37:14 PM

eagleboy415
eagleboy415
Ok that's fine Kenny and I see what you're saying. But I will say there were points this year that C-USA was the #3 RPI conference. And they're only decimal points behind te PAC 10. But none of this really matters as the team you root for has a chance to win every game and it's their fault if they don't perform.
0 permalink
show rated messages only | you must log in at the top of the page to post

Home » College Baseball Clubhouse » 27 TAKES: Looking back at Friday's action (5/20)