Not a member yet?
Subscribe Now!

Perfect Game Forum

Messages in this topic - RSS

Home » College Baseball Clubhouse » Pac-10: Week 14 predictions

Want to make your opinion heard or just chat about college baseball? This is your place.
pages: 1 2 3 4 5 | show rated messages only | you must log in at the top of the page to post
5/19/2011 4:19:57 PM

BeaverBob
BeaverBob
Posts: 1272
Florida Beaver wrote:
BeaverBob wrote:
SouthernBeaver wrote:
UCLA 2-1
Stan 2-1
OSU 2-1
WSU 2-1
ASU 3-0


I've been meaning to ask all season, but what is the difference between a Southern Beaver and a Florida Beaver? I've been thinking about changing my name to Oregon Beaver or Northern Beaver.
edited by BeaverBob on 5/19/2011


It's the amount of hair covering the beaver. Florida is quite warm, so the beavers tend to have less hair or are shaved. A southern beaver has more hair because it can get cold in the south. (The Mason/Dixon line is in snow country if you didn't know.) Northern beavers usually are covered because of the extreme cold. In Oregon, beavers tend to stay wet. My wife says she doesn't mind a bald beaver. Me? I rather have hair on mine, but genetics says otherwise., dam it.

We are talking male pattern baldness, right?


FB, thanks for the lesson on male pattern baldness. This information is very helpful.
0 permalink
5/19/2011 4:42:57 PM

Florida Beaver
Florida Beaver
Posts: 1082
BeaverBob wrote:
Florida Beaver wrote:
BeaverBob wrote:
SouthernBeaver wrote:
UCLA 2-1
Stan 2-1
OSU 2-1
WSU 2-1
ASU 3-0


I've been meaning to ask all season, but what is the difference between a Southern Beaver and a Florida Beaver? I've been thinking about changing my name to Oregon Beaver or Northern Beaver.
edited by BeaverBob on 5/19/2011


It's the amount of hair covering the beaver. Florida is quite warm, so the beavers tend to have less hair or are shaved. A southern beaver has more hair because it can get cold in the south. (The Mason/Dixon line is in snow country if you didn't know.) Northern beavers usually are covered because of the extreme cold. In Oregon, beavers tend to stay wet. My wife says she doesn't mind a bald beaver. Me? I rather have hair on mine, but genetics says otherwise., dam it.

We are talking male pattern baldness, right?


FB, thanks for the lesson on male pattern baldness. This information is very helpful.


no problem. It is a complex issue, depending on where one lives
0 permalink
5/19/2011 7:09:46 PM

Dodger Matt
Dodger Matt
Posts: 2097
I've never seen so many beaver jokes from Oregon State fans at one time before. Gotta hit a bunch of comments at once....

MostUnknown: Playing it somewhat safe. The question is, will these picks get me above Beaver after this week.
You need to realize that with so many Oregon State fans on this board, that either way you're gonna be on top of or below beaver, so you might as well just get used to it and enjoy it. Of course, everyone wants to be on top. We'll see if playing it safe gets you there.

ASU74: DM, Has Kendall offered you a job yet?
Ha, no. I antagonize too many people (see other threads). But Kendall is a decent guy, and if my activity here brings him some increased (albeit meagerly so) measure of financial security, then that would be good enough for me.

Riverduck: help- my account got hacked.
Look at this guy. Actually voted for an Oregon State win. Either his account did get hacked or he wants to get out of the cellar. Gotta love even Duck fans who aspire to improve themselves. Although, looking at the rest of your picks River, I'd give you at best a B- grade. In fact, after voting for the Beavers to win, I think we should call you henceforth: Biverduck.

BeaverBob: I've been thinking about changing my name to Oregon Beaver or Northern Beaver.
What! Nobody would recognize you! At the dinner table, when I mention things like, "I'm going to the game Friday, thanks to Northern Beaver," everyone in my family would look at me and ask, "Who the hell is Northern Beaver?"

BeaverBob: I'm just glad you didn't mention my flatuence problem to DM. Now, my excuse about the fowl (whoops, my spelling is bad) foul wind blowing from Eugene won't fly.
Ummm. How close are our seats?

FloridaBeaver:A southern beaver has more hair because it can get cold in the south.
I'm not even gonna comment on that.

OpihiMan wrote:
DM, enjoy the game with BeaverBob...I went with him to one of the Cal games, very nice guy I had a great time.
Yes, and I look forward to putting a face to a name as well. I'll just have to put Dodger Mandi on the other side of him, I guess, so there are no complaints about the fowlness. ;-)
(Please, no puns about fowl balls.)
0 permalink
5/19/2011 7:10:33 PM

SouthernBeaver
SouthernBeaver
Posts: 200
When I first made the name when I joined Rivals, I lived in Columbus GA. (Which meant I got to see the Beavs beat UGA in their home opener in 07... good times!). Florida is not part of "The South" in a sense... Non-Floridian-Southerners view Florida much like the PNW and NorCal folks view SoCal.... fun to visit, but too many crazy people!

Though now I am in Corvallis... just wanted to keep the same name on all my sports forums.
0 permalink
5/19/2011 9:46:16 PM

BeaverBob
BeaverBob
Posts: 1272
Dodger Matt wrote:
I've never seen so many beaver jokes from Oregon State fans at one time before. Gotta hit a bunch of comments at once....

MostUnknown: Playing it somewhat safe. The question is, will these picks get me above Beaver after this week.
You need to realize that with so many Oregon State fans on this board, that either way you're gonna be on top of or below beaver, so you might as well just get used to it and enjoy it. Of course, everyone wants to be on top. We'll see if playing it safe gets you there.

ASU74: DM, Has Kendall offered you a job yet?
Ha, no. I antagonize too many people (see other threads). But Kendall is a decent guy, and if my activity here brings him some increased (albeit meagerly so) measure of financial security, then that would be good enough for me.

Riverduck: help- my account got hacked.
Look at this guy. Actually voted for an Oregon State win. Either his account did get hacked or he wants to get out of the cellar. Gotta love even Duck fans who aspire to improve themselves. Although, looking at the rest of your picks River, I'd give you at best a B- grade. In fact, after voting for the Beavers to win, I think we should call you henceforth: Biverduck.

BeaverBob: I've been thinking about changing my name to Oregon Beaver or Northern Beaver.
What! Nobody would recognize you! At the dinner table, when I mention things like, "I'm going to the game Friday, thanks to Northern Beaver," everyone in my family would look at me and ask, "Who the hell is Northern Beaver?"

BeaverBob: I'm just glad you didn't mention my flatuence problem to DM. Now, my excuse about the fowl (whoops, my spelling is bad) foul wind blowing from Eugene won't fly.
Ummm. How close are our seats?

FloridaBeaver:A southern beaver has more hair because it can get cold in the south.
I'm not even gonna comment on that.

OpihiMan wrote:
DM, enjoy the game with BeaverBob...I went with him to one of the Cal games, very nice guy I had a great time.
Yes, and I look forward to putting a face to a name as well. I'll just have to put Dodger Mandi on the other side of him, I guess, so there are no complaints about the fowlness. ;-)
(Please, no puns about fowl balls.)


Dodger Matt and Florida Beaver, you are both literary geniuses. I thought I was a pretty good writer, but can't touch your stuff. DM, I know you have done some writing in the past and should be writing for a major newspaper or magazine. Florida Beaver, I can see you being an editor at Penthouse.
0 permalink
5/19/2011 11:24:16 PM

Florida Beaver
Florida Beaver
Posts: 1082
Geez DM. You really cracked me up with your comments. Very funny stuff.

BB,

I appreciate your vote of confidence in my ability to describe the differences of beavers in the United States by their geographical and topigraphical locations, but Penthouse editor..........I don't know if I could distinguish between the real stories and the fantasy ones. They all seem so real to me. And I agree with Riverduck. Oregon has a chance at the postseason.
edited by Florida Beaver on 5/20/2011
0 permalink
5/19/2011 11:34:54 PM

BeaverBeliever20
BeaverBeliever20
Posts: 129
Did my post get deleted somehow? It stopped showing up. Oh well.

UCLA 2-1
Stanford 2-1
OSU 3-0
WSU 2-1
ASU 3-0
0 permalink
5/20/2011 1:12:19 AM

OpihiMan
OpihiMan
Posts: 999
I could become Hawaiian Beaver...
0 permalink
5/20/2011 2:37:25 AM

Florida Beaver
Florida Beaver
Posts: 1082
OpihiMan wrote:
I could become Hawaiian Beaver...


OMG
0 permalink
5/20/2011 7:19:02 AM

Dodger Matt
Dodger Matt
Posts: 2097
UCLA 2-1
Ariz 2-1
OSU 3-0
WSU 2-1
ASU 3-0

BB20, I had already logged your votes, so I know it was there. Odd....
0 permalink
5/20/2011 11:07:16 AM

Dodger Matt
Dodger Matt
Posts: 2097
Pick analysis:

ASU over UW is the top vote-getter: 18/0 pick ASU with 14 sweeps.
OSU over USC comes in second: 18/0 OSU with 9 sweeps.
Stanford has a 16/2 edge over Arizona with 1 sweep.
UCLA is favored 15/3 over Cal with 2 sweeps.
And in the most perfectly even assessment of the season, Oregon and Wazzu are tied 9/9 with no sweep predicted for either team.

Anyone going to Goss Stadium tonight?
0 permalink
5/20/2011 12:10:26 PM

BeaverBeliever20
BeaverBeliever20
Posts: 129
Dodger Matt wrote:
UCLA 2-1
Ariz 2-1
OSU 3-0
WSU 2-1
ASU 3-0

BB20, I had already logged your votes, so I know it was there. Odd....



Yeah, but at least my post is up now


Btw, I saw the Beavers moved up to 17 in the RPI, Appears they may hold steady cause Oregon is high enough not to hurt the Beavers RPI just by playing and the Beavers, as long as they take care of business should be a national seed because Beaver opponents that the Beavs have beaten up this year this and next weekends will be winning and improving their RPI's which helps the Beavers. Ducks could help the Beavers too with a series win and improving their RPI. A national seed would be huge. I will be attending the Civil War series and plan to attend the Regionals at Goss and hopefully will be attending the Super Regionals and following the team to Omaha
0 permalink
5/20/2011 12:12:19 PM

borgguy
borgguy
Posts: 547
just getting on for this week

UCLA 2-1
stan 2-1
osu 2-1
ore 3-0 (c'mon duckies)
ASU 3-0 gonna gain that game back against the beavs

--
GO BEAVS!
0 permalink
5/20/2011 3:04:23 PM

OregonStateChris
OregonStateChris
Posts: 12
UCLA 2-1
ARIZ 2-1
OSU 2-1
WSU 2-1
ASU 2-1
0 permalink
5/20/2011 5:10:06 PM

CDinSV
CDinSV
Posts: 27
CAL 2-1 I know I'm going against the grain here.
Stan 2-1
OSU 2-1
Ore 2-1
ASU 3-0

I hope I'm not too late there DM. And may I agree with everyone else, great job doing this every week.
edited by CDinSV on 5/20/2011
0 permalink
5/20/2011 8:48:48 PM

BeaverBeliever20
BeaverBeliever20
Posts: 129
The Ducks had a great start against the Cougars and jumped out to a 5-0 lead after two innings, then the Cougars scored 8 runs in the next three innings and took a 8-6 lead. Story of their season.
0 permalink
5/20/2011 9:13:30 PM

Riverduck
Riverduck
Posts: 2127
BeaverBeliever20 wrote:
The Ducks had a great start against the Cougars and jumped out to a 5-0 lead after two innings, then the Cougars scored 8 runs in the next three innings and took a 8-6 lead. Story of their season.

tack on three more..
0 permalink
5/20/2011 9:14:16 PM

Riverduck
Riverduck
Posts: 2127
Game over. Time to go dancing... not. This season sucked.
0 permalink
5/20/2011 9:34:09 PM

BeaverBeliever20
BeaverBeliever20
Posts: 129
Riverduck wrote:
Game over. Time to go dancing... not. This season sucked.



Tough year for sure. I think what was surprising was the pitching was really bad tonight for Oregon and the hitting was good.
0 permalink
5/20/2011 9:58:11 PM

MostUnknown
MostUnknown
Posts: 156
Another Friday, another no show for the Bruin offense. I think they need to petition the NCAA to let them hit off a Tee. Bah who am I kidding, they'd hit the tee more then the ball.
0 permalink
pages: 1 2 3 4 5 | show rated messages only | you must log in at the top of the page to post

Home » College Baseball Clubhouse » Pac-10: Week 14 predictions





Powered by AspNetForum 6.9.9.0 © 2006-2010 Jitbit Software